Exhibition organisers, venues, associations and service providers from around the world are uniting behind a global initiative to stage Global Exhibitions Day.
Driven by the Paris-based UFI (The Global Association of the Exhibition Industry) and the Dallas-based IAEE (The International Association of Exhibitions and Events), a growing list of associations and industry players have pledged to join forces for Global Exhibitions Day to promote the industry and highlight its achievements.
“We are amazed by the support that this concept has received already,” says Kai Hattendorf, UFI Managing Director.
David DuBois, IAEE President, and CEO, says, “As preparations progress, we are inviting every player in our industry to get involved.”
EXSA General Manager Phumulani Hlatshwayo is calling on the South African industry to rise to the occasion on 7 June 2017 for a Potjie competition at the Johannesburg Expo Centre.
“This activation is designed to bring industry players and stakeholders together for a truly South African experience. We invite you to team up and produce your tastiest Potjie creation” says Hlatshwayo.
The programme will run as follows:
09:30 – 10:00 Guests arrive
10:00 – 11:00 Welcome address & competition rules
11:00 – 15:00 Potjie cooking, networking and entertainment
15:00 Judges select winners and teams get to sample each other’s creations
The admission fee is R1500 per team (of 10 or less members), which guarantees space to prepare the Potjie, power, gas and snacks. Teams are encouraged to bring ingredients, equipment and utensils as well as beverages for the day. Those not participating are welcome to attend too.
Hlatshwayo adds, “The aim is to come together to network and celebrate our industry in a fun, relaxed and informal way.”
Kindly RSVP to Thuli Ndlovu at [email protected]
- Coronavirus will speed up 4IR| #eBizTechnology | Arthur Goldstuck | Podcast - April 3, 2020
- Do you have the grit to go on your own? |#Entrepreneur |#Naomi Butow | Podcast - April 3, 2020
- How do the “Differently-abled” cope with Lock-down? |#Health |#Veronica Pronk | Podcast - April 3, 2020
- We are all running a marathon right now|#Lifestyle |#AJ Venter |#Mike Sewell - April 1, 2020
- The world of digital media is set to change | #eBizInsights | Jarred Mailer-Lyons - March 30, 2020
- It’s collaboration time for Online Radio |#Insights |#Ingrid von Stein - March 30, 2020
- At a time of Lockdown, Online Media offers new opportunities | #eBizInsights| Ursula McDonald | Podcast - March 26, 2020
- A forced stop! Now what? | #eBizInsights | Howard Feldman - March 26, 2020
- What you need to know before buying a second hand car #Insight |#Kriben Reddy |#TransUnion | Podcast - March 24, 2020
- A guide to working from home | # eBizInsights | #eBizHealth | Devan Moonsamy - March 23, 2020