As part of the Flux Trends weekly observations Dion had a look at the young people being Schooled in the World. He takes a look at new schooling systems for the 21st century.
In South Africa there has been so much emphasis on academics and a shift away from vocational work to trying to get a degree. As a result South Africa now is producing post graduates that are not prepared for the 21st century. There is a ground breaking School in New York called the Avenue School which has done away with the traditional schooling system and reinvented it for a global education system. Primary school children choose between Manderin and Spanish where half of the school day is taught in English and the other half in Manderin or Spanish. This illustrates the need shift the thinking behind education from being academic but to more of a multi-tasking Global education.
— Destiny Man (@Destiny_Man) October 23, 2012
- SAB READIES TO WIND UP R14-BILLION B-BBEE SCHEME IN VALUE AT MATURITY - January 17, 2020
- The intelligent utility of the future | #eBizInsights | Dr. Cathy Pickering - January 14, 2020
- Employee Wellbeing going into the new decade | #eBizInsights - January 14, 2020
- From street corner to corner office|#eBizWires | Fredrick Ochieng - January 14, 2020
- Post-Matric Packing List for Life | #eBizInsights | Howard Feldman - January 14, 2020
- Welcome to the era of containers | #eBizWires? Muggie van Stadden - January 14, 2020
- #ImStaying – MORE THAN A MILLION VOICES ECHOING CHANGE ACROSS SA! #Opinion #Jarette Petzer - January 7, 2020
- The state of States | #eBizTrends | Dion Chang - January 6, 2020
- Cloud still too pricey in SA | #eBizWires | Richard Firth - December 31, 2019
- How blockchain is disrupting the insurance industry | #eBizWires |JC Oberholzer - December 31, 2019