As part of the Flux Trends weekly observations Dion had a look at the young people being Schooled in the World. He takes a look at new schooling systems for the 21st century.
In South Africa there has been so much emphasis on academics and a shift away from vocational work to trying to get a degree. As a result South Africa now is producing post graduates that are not prepared for the 21st century. There is a ground breaking School in New York called the Avenue School which has done away with the traditional schooling system and reinvented it for a global education system. Primary school children choose between Manderin and Spanish where half of the school day is taught in English and the other half in Manderin or Spanish. This illustrates the need shift the thinking behind education from being academic but to more of a multi-tasking Global education.
— Destiny Man (@Destiny_Man) October 23, 2012
- How injustice works! |#Opinion |#Vusi Thembekwayo |#Podcast - June 4, 2020
- Customizing Software for the Retail Industry more relevant than ever | #eBizInsights | Gareth Hawkey of redPanda | Podcast - June 3, 2020
- Bringing 4IR to South Africa: Telviva, an Introduction | #eBizTechnology |David Meintjes | Podcast - June 1, 2020
- Covid-19 lockdown spurs massive spike in new business account registrations online | #eBizInisghts| Jonathan Smit of Payfast |Podcast - May 29, 2020
- Insights on Data: Podcast 4 Data Literacy and Skills | #eBizInsights| Jayson O’Reilly|Podcast - May 27, 2020
- We’re facing a new way of connecting with consumers| #eBizInsights | Victor Koaho - May 27, 2020
- Types of Covid-19 tests explained| #eBizInsights | Gerald Naidoo - May 27, 2020
- The Marketing Research Foundation updates the industry| #eBizWires - May 27, 2020
- How do we get through this trauma? |#Lifestyle |#Monique Strydom| Podcast - May 22, 2020
- How to handle the unexpected news of retrenchment |#Insight |#Devan Moonsammy - May 19, 2020