As part of the Flux Trends weekly observations Dion had a look at the young people being Schooled in the World. He takes a look at new schooling systems for the 21st century.
In South Africa there has been so much emphasis on academics and a shift away from vocational work to trying to get a degree. As a result South Africa now is producing post graduates that are not prepared for the 21st century. There is a ground breaking School in New York called the Avenue School which has done away with the traditional schooling system and reinvented it for a global education system. Primary school children choose between Manderin and Spanish where half of the school day is taught in English and the other half in Manderin or Spanish. This illustrates the need shift the thinking behind education from being academic but to more of a multi-tasking Global education.
— Destiny Man (@Destiny_Man) October 23, 2012
- Redstor offers Joyce’s Soup Kitchen some much needed support| #eBizPayItForward - December 4, 2019
- How what you study can lead to unexplored paths |#eBizInsights | Jamal Sahib - December 4, 2019
- Software licencing should be getting simpler, but it’s not | #eBizInsights |Richard Firth - December 4, 2019
- Syrex spreads some Santa Shoebox joy this festive season | #eBizPayItForward - December 4, 2019
- The real value of Paid Search and tracking the consumer journey |#eBizInsights| - December 4, 2019
- HAWKERS, HUSTLERS AND HERO’S | #Opinion | Ingrid von Stein - December 3, 2019
- SAB Urban Agriculture Podcasts: #10 A wrap up with SAB| #eBizEntrepreneur |Phumzile Chifunyise - December 3, 2019
- Offshore Investments: A Road map| #eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker - December 2, 2019
- SAB Urban Agriculture Podcasts: #9 Crispy Crop| #eBizEntrepreneur |Siphamandla Bilitane - December 2, 2019
- The power of positive sentiment, rugby and great business | #eBizInsight | Chris Botha - November 28, 2019