Get a SARS Refund – and Pay Less Tax! | #eBizMotoring | Larry Kahn
Few things are as gratifying as a refund from SARS. Few things are as painful as paying even more tax after a year of tax deductions. With the innovative new Journey Organizer, you can protect yourself from paying more tax, and also empower yourself to get a sizeable refund from SARS.
Whether you’re self-employed, a business owner or a corporate employee that incurs travel expenses in the production of your income or if you receive a travel allowance, you can claim a tax deduction – but only if you are in possession of a properly completed logbook of actual business kilometres travelled.
If you are receiving a travel allowance as part of your income, remember to diarise the 1 March 2018 to record your vehicle’s opening odometer reading for the new tax year.
Do it on your smartphone – no PC required
To avoid paying more tax and get a sizeable, gratifying refund from SARS, you need to keep an accurate, complete and SARS-compliant logbook, and the sleek, easy-to-use Journey Organizer makes it oh so easy.
Simply plug the Journey Organizer dongle into your vehicle’s 12V socket, download the Journey Organizer app to your Android or iOS smartphone, and pair the two via Bluetooth. Your Journey Organizer will automatically log your travel and time data. To flag a trip for business, just push the button on the top of the device. If you forget, simply recategorise the trip from your smartphone app.
The Journey Organizer doubles as a high-current USB port, so you charge other USB devices while using it. With its own built-in GPS engine and low-energy Bluetooth communications, battery-drain of your mobile device is minimised and location services for the app don’t need to be enabled. In fact, it logs trip data independent of any other device – even if the app is closed or if incorrect phone settings are selected. For added convenience, the system supports OTA (Over the Air) firmware updates, so you won’t have to connect it to a PC or visit a service centre.
Instant, accurate reports
You can sort your trips and generate accurate, professional business travel reports instantly from your smartphone, without having to download the data to a PC. Vehicle stops can easily be geofenced into virtual geographic boundaries and customised from the app for reporting purposes. And, because your travel data is stored in cloud servers, there’s no danger of losing it, not even if you lose your phone. You will also receive a weekly summary report via email, which can be filtered by business, private and uncategorized trips and includes dates, addresses and geofence names, trip travel mileage, time spent at geofences and cost per kilometre. If you bill clients by time, the ‘Time at Geofence‘ reports will be extremely useful.
With an accurate, complete and SARS-compliant logbook, you will not only avoid having to pay more tax, you can also claim a sizeable refund on the tax already paid. As the actual amount of your refund depends on a number of factors, use the Journey Organizer Tax Credit Calculator to calculate the size of your refund.
This sophisticated smart mobile GPS Logger with Bluetooth is designed and manufactured locally by Sanji Security Systems to ISO9001 Quality Standards and comes with a full 24-month warranty. The Journey Organizer dongle retails at R1195 and new users enjoy full unrestricted use of the app for 12 months, where after a nominal fee of R29 per month applies.
Visit www.journeyorganizer.co.za for more information or get your Journey Organizer now at any Tiger Wheel & Tyre Store countrywide or online to ensure you are ready on 1 March to keep an accurate, complete and SARS-compliant logbook of business travel in 2018, so you can not only save on your travel tax, but also claim your refund at the end of the tax year.
- Hansgrohe to roll out new website, modernising the customer experience - August 14, 2018
- The power of positivity | #eBizInsights | Howard Feldman - August 14, 2018
- How to find business ideas | #ebizradio | #entrepreneur | #Warren Bright - August 13, 2018
- Obsidian, HashiCorp partner to empower SA with advanced data centre architecture | #eBizTechnology | Muggie van Staden - August 13, 2018
- Nornickel not going to back off | #eBizWires - August 13, 2018
- Maximising brand potential: a profile | #eBizMarketing | Albert Engelbrecht - August 7, 2018
- LUMA ANIMATION AND BRAND et al PRODUCE EPIC VISUAL NARRATIVE FOR AVBOB “FAMILY TREE” CENTENARY TVC | #eBizTechnology | Paul Meyer - August 7, 2018
- BON Hotels takes on two new hotels in Kwazulu Natal | #eBizWires - August 4, 2018
- Smart cities, a preview of whats to come | #eBiztechnology| Arthur Goldstuck - August 3, 2018
- Predictive analytics vital for personalised insurance | eBizInsights - August 3, 2018
- Hansgrohe to roll out new website, modernising the customer experience
- The power of positivity | #eBizInsights | Howard Feldman
- How to find business ideas | #ebizradio | #entrepreneur | #Warren Bright
- Obsidian, HashiCorp partner to empower SA with advanced data centre architecture | #eBizTechnology | Muggie van Staden
- Nornickel not going to back off | #eBizWires
- Maximising brand potential: a profile | #eBizMarketing | Albert Engelbrecht