Many organisations battle with lead generation. Marketing initiatives have changed significantly due to the advent of the Internet, smart devices and the addition of several new channels and ways to market in real time.
“Companies are still employing ineffective and outdated practices to get new leads, and ending up with leads that are not qualified, leaving their sales teams wasting time and effort sifting through piles of outdated, disinterested contacts,” says Louise Robinson, MD of CG Consulting.
She says customers these days have done their research, and are close to the end of the buying journey before they even contact a company. “Because of this, it is even more important that the company’s website, marketing materials, content and suchlike make an impact.”
On average, today’s buyers might be anywhere from two-thirds to 90% of the way through their journey before they contact a vendor. For this reason, a brand’s website, content and marketing communications are more critical than ever–this is especially true for the telecom industry.
She offers some advice to companies wishing to generate solid leads. “Make use of social media for lead generation as well as public relations. Customers and influencers alike spend time doing their research, and keep their fingers on the pulse when it comes to the latest and greatest the industry has to offer. Social media is the ideal medium for this, and plays a vital role in B2B marketing initiatives.”
Moreover, she says not to ignore content marketing. “This type of marketing cost a lot less than the traditional marketing and has been shown to generate significantly more leads. Sharing good content on other sites can position your business as a thought leader within the industry and build credibility.”
Next, says Robinson, make sure your website is top-notch. “Ensure all your copy is clear and concise, the site is easily navigable, and your pictures crisp and relevant. A website is the first place potential clients will look, and you only have one chance to make an impression. Websites offer a wealth of content and information, which can assist potential clients throughout all stages of the sales process.”
“Don’t forget data-driven decision-making, as this is always more effective than guesswork. Analytics can help organisations spend their budgets on clever marketing initiatives. Similarly, lifecycle analytics can help companies better understand which of their marketing efforts, content and webpages are doing the best jobs when it comes to generating good leads and ensuring customer satisfaction. Understand what works and what doesn’t is the first step in any successful marketing drive.”
However, there is no better way to ensure good leads than to make use of a lead-generation business with a proven track record. “This way you will ensure that all leads are genuinely interested, potential customers. Don’t adopt a mud-against-the-wall approach, start off with a list of real prospects. Leads that come straight from motivated customers who are ready to invest in a solution, and have specifically chosen to contact your organisation are pure gold.”
- Abundance is not what’s in your wallet | #Insight | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- How important is Employer Branding to you and your business? | #Insight | #HR | Pabi Mogosetsi | UNIVERSUM | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How is AI going to affect both Business and the Advertising landscapes? | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How do youth actually consume content? | #Entrepreneur | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Khathutshelo Bapela | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021
- Since SA has have moved to level 1 lock-down, what effect is this having on the markets? | #Insights | #Trading | Zihad Israel | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021
- Behind the scenes with a Theater Producer | #BusinessBrunch | #Insight | Björn Salsone | Bernard Jay | #Pantomime | #Podcast #ebizradio - October 12, 2021
- Now is the time to make money in this market | #Insight | #Money | Daniel Kibel | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 11, 2021
- How Trade Specialisation might make you a rich Forex trader | #Insights | Finance | Tope Ijibadejo | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 8, 2021
- Who are and why are these South Africa’s brands ranked the most valuable? | #Marketing | #Insight | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee - October 7, 2021