Many organisations battle with lead generation. Marketing initiatives have changed significantly due to the advent of the Internet, smart devices and the addition of several new channels and ways to market in real time.
“Companies are still employing ineffective and outdated practices to get new leads, and ending up with leads that are not qualified, leaving their sales teams wasting time and effort sifting through piles of outdated, disinterested contacts,” says Louise Robinson, MD of CG Consulting.
She says customers these days have done their research, and are close to the end of the buying journey before they even contact a company. “Because of this, it is even more important that the company’s website, marketing materials, content and suchlike make an impact.”
On average, today’s buyers might be anywhere from two-thirds to 90% of the way through their journey before they contact a vendor. For this reason, a brand’s website, content and marketing communications are more critical than ever–this is especially true for the telecom industry.
She offers some advice to companies wishing to generate solid leads. “Make use of social media for lead generation as well as public relations. Customers and influencers alike spend time doing their research, and keep their fingers on the pulse when it comes to the latest and greatest the industry has to offer. Social media is the ideal medium for this, and plays a vital role in B2B marketing initiatives.”
Moreover, she says not to ignore content marketing. “This type of marketing cost a lot less than the traditional marketing and has been shown to generate significantly more leads. Sharing good content on other sites can position your business as a thought leader within the industry and build credibility.”
Next, says Robinson, make sure your website is top-notch. “Ensure all your copy is clear and concise, the site is easily navigable, and your pictures crisp and relevant. A website is the first place potential clients will look, and you only have one chance to make an impression. Websites offer a wealth of content and information, which can assist potential clients throughout all stages of the sales process.”
“Don’t forget data-driven decision-making, as this is always more effective than guesswork. Analytics can help organisations spend their budgets on clever marketing initiatives. Similarly, lifecycle analytics can help companies better understand which of their marketing efforts, content and webpages are doing the best jobs when it comes to generating good leads and ensuring customer satisfaction. Understand what works and what doesn’t is the first step in any successful marketing drive.”
However, there is no better way to ensure good leads than to make use of a lead-generation business with a proven track record. “This way you will ensure that all leads are genuinely interested, potential customers. Don’t adopt a mud-against-the-wall approach, start off with a list of real prospects. Leads that come straight from motivated customers who are ready to invest in a solution, and have specifically chosen to contact your organisation are pure gold.”
- The art of virtual B2B selling in 2021 | #TalkDigitalZA |#AudreyNaidoo |#ShelleyWalters | The Sales Counsel |#Podcast | #ebizradio - January 20, 2021
- What is SELF EFFICACY? |#LTC |#kevinbritz |#Coaching | Liezl Mari Reid |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 19, 2021
- The thinking behind the launch of print weekly DM168 |Mike Stopforth |#OneEyedManPodcast |Styli Charalambous | Daily Maverick |#ebizradio - January 18, 2021
- Love your problems |#LTL |#Leadership | Dawn Rowlands |#Dentsu |#KevinBritz |#ebizradio |#podcast - January 18, 2021
- WHY CORPORATES HAVE TO ADJUST NOW! |#LTC |#Kevinbritz | Mpume Ncube-Daka |#ebizradio |#Podcast - January 13, 2021
- WHAT OWNS YOU? |#LTC |#Coaching |#Kevinbritz | Angela Hardy |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 12, 2021
- Rethinking organisational design and effectiveness through CEOship |#OneEyedMan |Rowan Belchers | Lockstep |#ebizradio |#Podcast |#Mikestopforth - January 11, 2021
- Behavior is Truth |#LTL |#Leadership |Mike Abel |#Kevinbritz | Naomi Basson |#ebizradio |#podcast - January 11, 2021
- Looking forward to 2021 | #eBizTrends| Dion Chang| Podcast - January 4, 2021
- Driving demand for local businesses this festive season| #eBizWires | Daryn van Arkel |Podcast - December 18, 2020