Many organisations battle with lead generation. Marketing initiatives have changed significantly due to the advent of the Internet, smart devices and the addition of several new channels and ways to market in real time.
“Companies are still employing ineffective and outdated practices to get new leads, and ending up with leads that are not qualified, leaving their sales teams wasting time and effort sifting through piles of outdated, disinterested contacts,” says Louise Robinson, MD of CG Consulting.
She says customers these days have done their research, and are close to the end of the buying journey before they even contact a company. “Because of this, it is even more important that the company’s website, marketing materials, content and suchlike make an impact.”
On average, today’s buyers might be anywhere from two-thirds to 90% of the way through their journey before they contact a vendor. For this reason, a brand’s website, content and marketing communications are more critical than ever–this is especially true for the telecom industry.
She offers some advice to companies wishing to generate solid leads. “Make use of social media for lead generation as well as public relations. Customers and influencers alike spend time doing their research, and keep their fingers on the pulse when it comes to the latest and greatest the industry has to offer. Social media is the ideal medium for this, and plays a vital role in B2B marketing initiatives.”
Moreover, she says not to ignore content marketing. “This type of marketing cost a lot less than the traditional marketing and has been shown to generate significantly more leads. Sharing good content on other sites can position your business as a thought leader within the industry and build credibility.”
Next, says Robinson, make sure your website is top-notch. “Ensure all your copy is clear and concise, the site is easily navigable, and your pictures crisp and relevant. A website is the first place potential clients will look, and you only have one chance to make an impression. Websites offer a wealth of content and information, which can assist potential clients throughout all stages of the sales process.”
“Don’t forget data-driven decision-making, as this is always more effective than guesswork. Analytics can help organisations spend their budgets on clever marketing initiatives. Similarly, lifecycle analytics can help companies better understand which of their marketing efforts, content and webpages are doing the best jobs when it comes to generating good leads and ensuring customer satisfaction. Understand what works and what doesn’t is the first step in any successful marketing drive.”
However, there is no better way to ensure good leads than to make use of a lead-generation business with a proven track record. “This way you will ensure that all leads are genuinely interested, potential customers. Don’t adopt a mud-against-the-wall approach, start off with a list of real prospects. Leads that come straight from motivated customers who are ready to invest in a solution, and have specifically chosen to contact your organisation are pure gold.”
- Insights on Data 7: POPI gets implemented; now to help Business comply | #eBizInsights | Jayson O’Reilly of Atvance Intellect| Podcast - July 1, 2020
- Covid-19 killed traditional disaster recovery | #eBizInsights - July 1, 2020
- The ‘new normal’ way to operate your business | #eBizWires - July 1, 2020
- NGO’s during the Pandemic; Hope at the Darkest of times| #eBizPayItForward|Nomthi Mnisi | Podcast - June 27, 2020
- The business of sports broadcasting – live sport is back! | #eBizWires| Andile Qokweni - June 27, 2020
- Digitalising customer engagement vital for retail insurance growth | #eBizInsights - June 27, 2020
- The role South Africans can play as active citizens |#Matalane Ngobeni |#Podcast - June 24, 2020
- Insights on Data 6:How Hacks occur; a fast, ever-evolving landscape | #eBizInsights| Jayson O’Reilly of Atvance Intellect| Podcast - June 23, 2020
- Being an ”Essential Service” during Lockdown, Vox’s experience | #eBizInsights | Jacques du Toit of Vox| Podcast - June 18, 2020
- Covid-19 provides construction industry with opportunity for change | #eBizInsight - June 18, 2020