On Thursday 11th July 2019, the 24th edition of the APEX Awards took place last night at The Venue at The Houghton.
Since inception in 1995, the APEX awards celebrate the professions highest and only award for communications campaign performance excellence in an industry that is constantly refining and redefining creativity. Judged by an elite panel of industry and marketing executives, campaigns entered need to emphatically prove their return to their client’s bottom line in order to be awarded.
FoxP2 South Africa walked away with four awards on the night including 2 Bronze Awards and two Silver Awards in the Change Category — The most contested of the Apex categories.
Charl Thom, CEO for the FoxP2 group said “Harnessing the power of creativity to create commercial results for our clients is ultimately our reason for being. These results are testament to a team effort between FoxP2 and our clients, and to win four Apex awards across three clients is reassuring proof that our way of working, is in fact working for the benefit of our clients and the brands they have entrusted to us.”
A Bronze award was awarded to IndieFin “Responsible, yet Selfish” campaign. This break-through campaign delivered massive revenue growth of 54% in APE (Annual Premium Equivalent – the life insurance industry’s measure of revenue) and drove digital sales up. by 39%!
“This APEX win for IndieFin shows just how FoxP2’s creativity has been optimized through Dentsu’s data analytics and future insight capabilities, a potent offering we look forward to bringing to more and more clients” – Justin Gomes, Executive Creative Director.
A second Bronze award went to Wimpy’s Grill Up Fill Up promotion and campaign. Consumers immediately connected with and responded to the campaign. Sales increased by an incredible 218% plate-on-plate vs. the same campaign period in 2016.
The Rethink Freedom campaign for Hyundai South Africa took home a Silver award on the night with a campaign that communicated to both young-first-car owners and their parents (who pay for the car) and increased sales by an incredible 128%.
For their second win of the night, a silver award was awarded for the Wimpy Summer 2018 campaign. A campaign that increased Wimpy’s relevance amongst young, urban, black consumers and sold over a million burgers in just eight weeks — a 612% increase year on year!
“APEX is our most esteemed award at FoxP2 because it talks to the very essence of what we believe – that when creativity is fuelled by deep insights and accelerated by smart data, it’s the last truly unfair advantage available to clients. I’m especially proud of our newest client partner Wimpy, who after only 10 months has already seen two of its campaigns (the very first two produced by FoxP2) win. And in fact, be the only restaurant brand at Apex 2019 to win for multiple campaigns. I am extremely proud of the FoxP2 Team and look forward to continued success for our brand and our clients.” said Grant Jacobsen, Executive Creative Director and Partner.
- How South Africa’s People and Business are adapting (or not adapting) to the evolving GIG economy | #eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker - January 22, 2020
- Social Media Trends for 2020 |#eBizWires | - January 22, 2020
- Africa is championing the flexible workspace revolution | #eBizInsights - January 21, 2020
- SAB READIES TO WIND UP R14-BILLION B-BBEE SCHEME IN VALUE AT MATURITY - January 17, 2020
- The intelligent utility of the future | #eBizInsights | Dr. Cathy Pickering - January 14, 2020
- Employee Wellbeing going into the new decade | #eBizInsights - January 14, 2020
- From street corner to corner office|#eBizWires | Fredrick Ochieng - January 14, 2020
- Post-Matric Packing List for Life | #eBizInsights | Howard Feldman - January 14, 2020
- Welcome to the era of containers | #eBizWires? Muggie van Stadden - January 14, 2020
- #ImStaying – MORE THAN A MILLION VOICES ECHOING CHANGE ACROSS SA! #Opinion #Jarette Petzer - January 7, 2020