Economic times are tough currently, the commodity price crash has caused many economies across the continent to have lower or even no economic growth over the last two years… Entrepreneurs and the business’s they create are therefore vital to the long term stability and growth of a Economy.
However in South Africa, most people are not entrepreneurs and would struggle to become one if they wanted too. For this Podcast, Darlene Menzies from SMEasy and Noik von Stein discuss the lack of a entrepreneurial culture in South Africa:
-Why is there a lack of a entrepreneurial spirit in South Africa (especially when compared to the rest of Africa)?
-What is/isn’t being taught in schools and more importantly, what SHOULD be taught to encourage a entrepreneurial mindset
– Can anyone be a entrepreneur or is it personality and culture driven?
Behind the scenes:
SMEasy is an online accounting and business management system, specifically designed for small businesses. One of the many advantages of using this product is that you don’t need to be familiar with accounting to use it. SMEasy brings together all vital small business functions – it prepares quotes, invoices and payroll; stores contact information; manages all finances; provides management reports; and facilitates social media marketing. SMEasy is the ideal product for entrepreneurs as it understands the unique challenges of small businesses; in addition to this, SMEasy is a cost effective system.
You can visit SMEasy here
Take a listen to this fascinating podcast below.
- EQ in the Workplace | #eBizInsigights |Howard Feldman - October 16, 2019
- Actionable intelligence essential for cyber defence #eBizWires - October 16, 2019
- Synthesis joins Confluent Partner Programme | #eBizWires - October 14, 2019
- IWG explores the aspects of franchising that makes it a popular choice amongst African Investors in times of uncertainty - October 14, 2019
- Insurers need contextualised marketing| #eBizInsights - October 11, 2019
- SPARK Media hosts Michael Charton in #RWC forgotten Bokke vs New Zealand tales: An invitation | #eBizWires - October 9, 2019
- Empowering those who care for the Disabled | #eBizPayItForward| Xelda Rohrbeck - October 9, 2019
- Great Karoo Spirit gin wins big with Bossieveld Gin - October 8, 2019
- Rugby World Cup 2019…the numbers you never knew| #eBizInsights| Richard Lord - October 8, 2019
- R1.3-MILLION FIRST PLACE PRIZE FOR BEST LOCAL SOCIAL INNOVATION | #eBizPayItForward| Bridgit Evans - October 7, 2019