Economic times are tough currently, the commodity price crash has caused many economies across the continent to have lower or even no economic growth over the last two years… Entrepreneurs and the business’s they create are therefore vital to the long term stability and growth of a Economy.
However in South Africa, most people are not entrepreneurs and would struggle to become one if they wanted too. For this Podcast, Darlene Menzies from SMEasy and Noik von Stein discuss the lack of a entrepreneurial culture in South Africa:
-Why is there a lack of a entrepreneurial spirit in South Africa (especially when compared to the rest of Africa)?
-What is/isn’t being taught in schools and more importantly, what SHOULD be taught to encourage a entrepreneurial mindset
– Can anyone be a entrepreneur or is it personality and culture driven?
Behind the scenes:
SMEasy is an online accounting and business management system, specifically designed for small businesses. One of the many advantages of using this product is that you don’t need to be familiar with accounting to use it. SMEasy brings together all vital small business functions – it prepares quotes, invoices and payroll; stores contact information; manages all finances; provides management reports; and facilitates social media marketing. SMEasy is the ideal product for entrepreneurs as it understands the unique challenges of small businesses; in addition to this, SMEasy is a cost effective system.
You can visit SMEasy here
Take a listen to this fascinating podcast below.
- How injustice works! |#Opinion |#Vusi Thembekwayo |#Podcast - June 4, 2020
- Customizing Software for the Retail Industry more relevant than ever | #eBizInsights | Gareth Hawkey of redPanda | Podcast - June 3, 2020
- Bringing 4IR to South Africa: Telviva, an Introduction | #eBizTechnology |David Meintjes | Podcast - June 1, 2020
- Covid-19 lockdown spurs massive spike in new business account registrations online | #eBizInisghts| Jonathan Smit of Payfast |Podcast - May 29, 2020
- Insights on Data: Podcast 4 Data Literacy and Skills | #eBizInsights| Jayson O’Reilly|Podcast - May 27, 2020
- We’re facing a new way of connecting with consumers| #eBizInsights | Victor Koaho - May 27, 2020
- Types of Covid-19 tests explained| #eBizInsights | Gerald Naidoo - May 27, 2020
- The Marketing Research Foundation updates the industry| #eBizWires - May 27, 2020
- How do we get through this trauma? |#Lifestyle |#Monique Strydom| Podcast - May 22, 2020
- How to handle the unexpected news of retrenchment |#Insight |#Devan Moonsammy - May 19, 2020