More known for his work in establishing Kulula Airline in South Africa, Gidon Novick is a serial entrepreneur and a wonderful success story….
Today we chat to him about a project he has become involved in, that of Food Security, specifically in a RSA context via SAHarvest.org
As most people are still in Lockdown for the foreseen future due to Covid-19, Food security has rapidly become a issue, especially in the poorer communities across the Country.
We profile how SAHarvest.org is assisting in alleviating this problem as well as how other individuals and Companies can assist during these tough times.
Behind the scenes; SA HARVEST collects quality surplus food in refrigerated vehicles from a variety of sources and delivers it direct, without delay, and free of charge, to a wide variety of organizations that feed food-vulnerable people on a daily basis.
Recipient organizations get a sufficient variety of food types that enables them to provide full and nourishing meals to their people.
SA Harvest is based on Australia’s highly successful OzHarvest, which, in addition to South Africa is being replicated in the U.K., Thailand and New Zealand.
OzHarvest was founded by entrepreneur Ronni Kahn in 2004. Kahn, an ex-South African, has given outstanding service to her country, which has been recognized through a host of awards, including the Order of Australia (AO). So impactful is OzHarvest that the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) chose them to be their partner in Australasia in the fight against food waste.
In the 15 years of its existence, OzHarvest has delivered more than 100 million meals and has saved more than 35,000 tons of food that would otherwise gone to landfill.
About Gidon – Gidon is the founder of Lucid Ventures. He is also well known as the founder of kulula.com. He spent twelve years in the tough airline industry, where he innovated and redefined the airline space.
He also launched the SLOW Lounge Concept. After leaving the airline industry he spent three years at Discovery as the CEO of Vitality and Head of Digital. He is a qualified CA(SA) and has an MBA from Kellogg School of Management.
- Human capital from a different view | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Robyn Shirley | Regenesys | Human Resources | #Podcast | #ebizradio - July 28, 2021
- How do you get a promotion in these times? | Change Conversations with Mpume | Mabatho Takalo | #Careers | #Insight | #Podcast | #ebizradio - July 27, 2021
- The essence of luxury | AXOR ONE |#Lifestyle | #Design | Barber Osgerby | #ebizradio - July 27, 2021
- LOCAL GAMING CONTENT HUB GIVES SA STREAMERS A CHANCE TO SHINE | #Gaming | #Esport | Mettlestate | #ebizradio - July 27, 2021
- You equate money with your self worth – Its time to change that | #BrunchWithBjorn |#Money | Jade Fedder | Jade Coaching | #Podcast | #ebizradio | Björn Salsone - July 27, 2021
- URGENT PUBLIC APPEAL – South African National Blood Services is in desperate need of blood donations | #PayItForward | #Podcast | #ebizradio - July 26, 2021
- You need to haul out that ENTHUSIASM | #LunchtimeLeadership | #LeaderShip | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | Podcast | #ebizradio - July 26, 2021
- I’d rather be fired! | The Light #LeadershipDiaries | Michael Lebona | Thabani Msomi | Nkodwanda Mbanjw | Katlego Modise | #Podcast | #ebizradio | #Insight - July 26, 2021
- The Marketers Measurement Dilemma #LetsTalkDigital | #Digital | Audrey Naidoo | Neil Pursey | Measurebyte | #Podcast | #ebizradio - July 26, 2021
- Why are consumers encouraged to save even in these tough times? | #Money |#Insight | #FSCAMyMoney | Lyndwill Clarke | #ebizradio | FSCA - July 23, 2021