FNB has kicked off its new ‘it’s Easy’ marketing campaign to challenge the perception that banking is complicated and expensive as well empowering customers to take control of their banking behaviour.
“In our offering, we are looking very closely at the real needs of customers and are addressing issues around anxiety and joy. With this in mind we focused on how ‘we can help’ inform customers about better banking habits that will save them both time and money,” says Maria Vieira, head of consumer marketing at FNB.
The campaign highlights key behaviours that will keep customer’s banking costs to the minimum. These include using Cellphone Banking to make everyday transactions, swiping cards instead of drawing cash and if cash is required, drawing at a supermarket till instead of an ATM.
“We really want to show customers how easy banking can be and that it should be an enabler in their lives,” says Vieira. “Every person is different and they have different requirements from their bank so it’s up to FNB to offer a range of solutions whether this is getting a home loan, sending money home through mobile banking or depositing cash at an ATM Advance.”
The campaign is running nationally on billboards, radio, TV as well as in taxis
“We framed the campaign around real people in real situations, and this was to show how FNB understands people’s lives in real everyday situations. We know that making money is not easy, that is why we want customer to enjoy the most convenient and lowest cost banking and be aware of exactly what they pay for,” says Vieira.
All staff in branches have been trained in educating customers and in high traffic branches, staff wear badges that state ‘You can bank better with FNB. Ask me how’.
“We also introduced basic consumer education material into selected branches which customers can use to guide them on various aspects such as how to manage their money effectively as well as managing credit, ” concludes Vieira.
- Augmented Reality and financial services |#Marketing | #LTM | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - May 6, 2021
- Data and Creative Effectiveness in Digital Marketing |#LetsTalkDigitalZA | Audrey Naidoo | Antonio Petra |#Digital | #ebizradio - May 6, 2021
- Selling requires 3 D’s and a R – do you have them? |#Sales | Shelley Walters | Sales Enabler | #Podcast | #ebizradio - May 5, 2021
- How do we tackle INCLUSION in the workplace? |#HR | #Insight | Kevin Britz | Samkelo Blom | #Podcast | #ebizradio - May 5, 2021
- The events space has now become a hybrid industry | Business Brunch with Bjorn | Liesl Smith | The Events Place | #Entrepreneur | #podcast |#ebizradio - May 4, 2021
- African Women Can Build a Better Future for All Africans with Oil and Natural Gas if Men Just Step Back | #Opinion | NJ Ayuk | African Energy Chamber #Insight | #ebizradio - May 4, 2021
- DiDi e-hailing takes on Uber and Bolt in SA |#Technology | Arthur Goldstuck | #podcast | #ebizradio - May 3, 2021
- Why women are successful leaders | #Leadership | #LunchtimeLeadership | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson |Sonja Coetzer |#podcast |#ebizradio - May 3, 2021
- The Love Trust – An outstanding NPO | Stephen Brown|#PayItForward |#ebizradio - May 3, 2021
- My therapist is a ROBOT is yours? |#Trends | Dion Chang | Flux Trends | #podcast |#ebizradio - May 3, 2021