FNB has kicked off its new ‘it’s Easy’ marketing campaign to challenge the perception that banking is complicated and expensive as well empowering customers to take control of their banking behaviour.
“In our offering, we are looking very closely at the real needs of customers and are addressing issues around anxiety and joy. With this in mind we focused on how ‘we can help’ inform customers about better banking habits that will save them both time and money,” says Maria Vieira, head of consumer marketing at FNB.
The campaign highlights key behaviours that will keep customer’s banking costs to the minimum. These include using Cellphone Banking to make everyday transactions, swiping cards instead of drawing cash and if cash is required, drawing at a supermarket till instead of an ATM.
“We really want to show customers how easy banking can be and that it should be an enabler in their lives,” says Vieira. “Every person is different and they have different requirements from their bank so it’s up to FNB to offer a range of solutions whether this is getting a home loan, sending money home through mobile banking or depositing cash at an ATM Advance.”
The campaign is running nationally on billboards, radio, TV as well as in taxis
“We framed the campaign around real people in real situations, and this was to show how FNB understands people’s lives in real everyday situations. We know that making money is not easy, that is why we want customer to enjoy the most convenient and lowest cost banking and be aware of exactly what they pay for,” says Vieira.
All staff in branches have been trained in educating customers and in high traffic branches, staff wear badges that state ‘You can bank better with FNB. Ask me how’.
“We also introduced basic consumer education material into selected branches which customers can use to guide them on various aspects such as how to manage their money effectively as well as managing credit, ” concludes Vieira.
- Assets and Wealth; Understanding the difference | #eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker - January 23, 2020
- How South Africa’s People and Business are adapting (or not adapting) to the evolving GIG economy | #eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker - January 22, 2020
- Social Media Trends for 2020 |#eBizWires | - January 22, 2020
- Africa is championing the flexible workspace revolution | #eBizInsights - January 21, 2020
- SAB READIES TO WIND UP R14-BILLION B-BBEE SCHEME IN VALUE AT MATURITY - January 17, 2020
- The intelligent utility of the future | #eBizInsights | Dr. Cathy Pickering - January 14, 2020
- Employee Wellbeing going into the new decade | #eBizInsights - January 14, 2020
- From street corner to corner office|#eBizWires | Fredrick Ochieng - January 14, 2020
- Post-Matric Packing List for Life | #eBizInsights | Howard Feldman - January 14, 2020
- Welcome to the era of containers | #eBizWires? Muggie van Stadden - January 14, 2020