FNB has kicked off its new ‘it’s Easy’ marketing campaign to challenge the perception that banking is complicated and expensive as well empowering customers to take control of their banking behaviour.
“In our offering, we are looking very closely at the real needs of customers and are addressing issues around anxiety and joy. With this in mind we focused on how ‘we can help’ inform customers about better banking habits that will save them both time and money,” says Maria Vieira, head of consumer marketing at FNB.
The campaign highlights key behaviours that will keep customer’s banking costs to the minimum. These include using Cellphone Banking to make everyday transactions, swiping cards instead of drawing cash and if cash is required, drawing at a supermarket till instead of an ATM.
“We really want to show customers how easy banking can be and that it should be an enabler in their lives,” says Vieira. “Every person is different and they have different requirements from their bank so it’s up to FNB to offer a range of solutions whether this is getting a home loan, sending money home through mobile banking or depositing cash at an ATM Advance.”
The campaign is running nationally on billboards, radio, TV as well as in taxis
“We framed the campaign around real people in real situations, and this was to show how FNB understands people’s lives in real everyday situations. We know that making money is not easy, that is why we want customer to enjoy the most convenient and lowest cost banking and be aware of exactly what they pay for,” says Vieira.
All staff in branches have been trained in educating customers and in high traffic branches, staff wear badges that state ‘You can bank better with FNB. Ask me how’.
“We also introduced basic consumer education material into selected branches which customers can use to guide them on various aspects such as how to manage their money effectively as well as managing credit, ” concludes Vieira.
- Broke, homeless but resilient |#LTC |#KevinBritz | Heidi Poulton |#Wellness |#Podcast |#ebizradio - September 22, 2020
- Democratising Investing| #eBizInsights | Sebastian Patel| #Podcast |#FRANC - September 22, 2020
- How 10 minutes can literally change you as a leader |#LTL |#KevinBritz |#Naomi Basson |Nick Howes |#Leadership |#Podcast - September 21, 2020
- #InclusivityMatters |#LTC | Candid Conversation |#KevinBritz |#Podcast | Lauren Britz - September 18, 2020
- Going Dutch and reinventing yourself on a bicycle |#KevinBritz |#LTC |#BjornSalsone |Tanya Kovarsky |#Podcast - September 17, 2020
- How to create a job search strategy to the hidden job market|#LTC |#KevinBritz | Chantelle Botha |#Podcast - September 16, 2020
- Roboteur takes the tedium out of repetitive tasks| #eBizWires | Graham Fry | Podcast - September 16, 2020
- Do you know what Programmatic Media Buying is? |#LetsTalkDigital |#AudreyNaidoo |Ryan Eberlin - September 16, 2020
- WHY DO WE SAY “ I AM NOT GOOD ENOUGH” |#LTC |#KevinBritz | Heidi Poulton | Potential Unlimited |#Podcast |#eBizradio - September 15, 2020
- Early investors in 4IR start-ups set to reap rewards | #eBizInisghts | Brett Dawson | Podcast - September 15, 2020