There was a time when coworking spaces were thought of as the preserve of the plucky start-up. With low barriers to entry (it’s possible to rent a desk or a meeting room by the hour, if that’s all you need), it made sense for a new business just starting out. In fact, Uber started life this way. But large corporations can benefit from collaborative office space too and companies like Verizon are leading the charge.
In recent years, there’s been a rapid rise in the availability of flexible workspaces – offices that can be leased for variable periods of time, capacity scaled up and down quickly, and vacated with ease. It’s easy to see why: space can be made available to businesses and tailored to meet their needs at any given moment in time, thereby enabling flexible working models such as hot desking and mobile working.
Employees who find themselves away from the home office and out and about at a client meeting or wanting to work closer to home, for example, can identify nearby Regus Business Centres via the Regus Enterprise App where they are welcome to drop in. With over 1,000 across the US, chances are there’ll always be somewhere to work in their neighbourhood. It’s all part of the drive towards the idea of “collaboration and community” that’s reinventing the world of work right now – and it’s having a dramatic impact on workplace trends.
Verizon, a US telco provider, has clearly been listening: the thinking behind its the future of work is all about Flexible Office Solutions (FOS) initiative is to provide the tools that empower work. High on the agenda for employees are flexible office space and internet connectivity that allows them to work in bright, dynamic, stimulating environments and from a choice of locations. And as the work/life balance becomes increasingly important among the millennial workforce (the largest cohort), FOS looks like a smart move – for everyone.
What it means is an easier way to do business. For the employee, there’s the option of often working closer to home while retaining all the benefits of a traditional office – and the buzz of mingling with like-minded individuals from other organisations too. It’s another example of how the flexible future is also a fully customisable one – for the one-man band, the plucky start-up and the world-leading multinational alike.
- The Saturday Night Show – Tales from my stethoscope | Bruna Dessena |#AdvancedLifeSupportParamedic |#Podcst |#PayItForward - January 21, 2021
- Oops….you exposed yourself! What’s up with What’s App? |#LTM | Craig Page-Lee |#Marketing | Podcast |#ebizradio - January 21, 2021
- Why you need to be agile in 2021 |#LTC |#Coaching |Meenakshi Iyer | Northstar at Work |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 20, 2021
- The art of virtual B2B selling in 2021 | #TalkDigitalZA |#AudreyNaidoo |#ShelleyWalters | The Sales Counsel |#Podcast | #ebizradio - January 20, 2021
- What is SELF EFFICACY? |#LTC |#kevinbritz |#Coaching | Liezl Mari Reid |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 19, 2021
- The thinking behind the launch of print weekly DM168 |Mike Stopforth |#OneEyedManPodcast |Styli Charalambous | Daily Maverick |#ebizradio - January 18, 2021
- Love your problems |#LTL |#Leadership | Dawn Rowlands |#Dentsu |#KevinBritz |#ebizradio |#podcast - January 18, 2021
- WHY CORPORATES HAVE TO ADJUST NOW! |#LTC |#Kevinbritz | Mpume Ncube-Daka |#ebizradio |#Podcast - January 13, 2021
- WHAT OWNS YOU? |#LTC |#Coaching |#Kevinbritz | Angela Hardy |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 12, 2021
- Rethinking organisational design and effectiveness through CEOship |#OneEyedMan |Rowan Belchers | Lockstep |#ebizradio |#Podcast |#Mikestopforth - January 11, 2021