Phoenix Distribution and First Distribution, both specialist distribution companies within the Epsidon Technology Holdings Group, have joined forces to form a new pan-African distributor, First for Africa.
First Distribution is a premier distributor of Tier 1 data centre brands with deep skills in server, storage and software technologies, while Phoenix Distribution brings extensive security and wireless networking competencies as well as people and offices across Africa. The combined business offers a pan-African footprint with offices in Lagos, addressing West Africa; Nairobi, addressing East Africa; and Johannesburg addressing Southern Africa and Indian Ocean Islands.
“The ability to offer complete data centre solutions, backed by strong pre-sales support and local sales and technical skills, is key to building a sustainable partner ecosystem across Africa. Our intention is to draw on our Group competencies and use local people and partnerships to build First for Africa in the future,” says Brett Stevens, General Manager of First for Africa.
“First for Africa will be serving the rest of Africa, while First for Phoenix and First Distribution will focus only on the South African market,” explains Simon Campbell-Young, CEO of Phoenix Distribution. “In this way, we can provide even better service to our customers across the continent by concentrating on meeting region- and country-specific needs.”
Stevens adds that vendors have been quick to align with First for Africa, with Avaya, EMC, Lenovo, Kaspersky, Huawei, Ruckus, Tintri, Trendnet, Veeam and Riverbed forming part of the brand basket the company will be taking to the African market, along with First for Clouds hosting and MSP services. These include brands like AWS, Microsoft, Vmware, Zimbra, AirVM and Riverbed.
“By sharing our value-added services, best practices, ideas and opportunities, First for Africa will be able to offer better programmes and support to both our partners and vendors across the continent.” says Debbie Abrahall, CEO of First Distribution.
Behind the scenes:
Security and Wireless Networking channel giant First for Africa was formed as the result of a merger between two of the continent’s largest specialist distributors: First Technology and Phoenix Distribution. The company is a Value Added distributor of security software and wireless networking products across the African continent.
First For Africa has several offices across Africa and the UK, providing its customers with top products and solutions, including Avaya, EMC, Lenovo, Kaspersky, Huawei, Ruckus, Tintri, Trendnet, Veeam AWS, Microsoft, Vmware, Zimbra, AirVM and Riverbed. [email protected] or [email protected]
- Redstor offers Joyce’s Soup Kitchen some much needed support| #eBizPayItForward - December 4, 2019
- How what you study can lead to unexplored paths |#eBizInsights | Jamal Sahib - December 4, 2019
- Software licencing should be getting simpler, but it’s not | #eBizInsights |Richard Firth - December 4, 2019
- Syrex spreads some Santa Shoebox joy this festive season | #eBizPayItForward - December 4, 2019
- The real value of Paid Search and tracking the consumer journey |#eBizInsights| - December 4, 2019
- HAWKERS, HUSTLERS AND HERO’S | #Opinion | Ingrid von Stein - December 3, 2019
- SAB Urban Agriculture Podcasts: #10 A wrap up with SAB| #eBizEntrepreneur |Phumzile Chifunyise - December 3, 2019
- Offshore Investments: A Road map| #eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker - December 2, 2019
- SAB Urban Agriculture Podcasts: #9 Crispy Crop| #eBizEntrepreneur |Siphamandla Bilitane - December 2, 2019
- The power of positive sentiment, rugby and great business | #eBizInsight | Chris Botha - November 28, 2019