Since 2015, large protests have been held by tertiary education students across the country on university campuses over the high fees to get a degree, even worse is the yearly tuition increases are normally above that of inflation, making education more expensive each year.
In essence the students are demanding that fees no longer rise and that education be even more subsidized. The demonstrations also highlight incredible frustration with the economic make-up of our country, one that has not changed nearly enough since 1994.
On this edition of #eBizTrends, Dion Chang from Flux Trends tackles this thorny topic, but his view is that the movement has ”picked the wrong battle in the right war”:
The value of a degree is decreasing internationally as companies are beginning to search for staff that are adaptable and able to deal with multiple skills in a fast changing marketplace.
We discuss #FeesMustFall from a different angle below.Dion Chang is the founder of Flux Trends. For more trends visit:
- Are you ready for the drone economy? | #Technology | #Economy | #Insight | Dean Conde | iOCO Digital - August 12, 2022
- Same Old Story | #Music | Business Brunch | #Artist | Björn Salsone | Lia Elise | #Podcast - August 11, 2022
- Understanding your customer segmentation | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast - August 11, 2022
- How to stay CONNECTED whilst traveling | #Technology | Ingrid von Stein | Arthur Goldstuck | Gadget.co.za | #Podcast - August 11, 2022
- Weekly Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | #Motoring | Tumelo Maketekete | #Podcast - August 11, 2022
- The future of SA Live Music? |#BigFishStories | Eitan Stern | Simon Attwell | Legalese |#Podcast - August 10, 2022
- Can you actually measure CULTURE? | #Business | #Coaching | #HR | Kevin Britz | Jerome Parisse-Brassens | Walking the Talk | #Podcast - August 10, 2022
- Weekly Motoring News | #Motoring | Tumelo Maketekete | Diesel and Dust | #Podcast - August 10, 2022
- Mothers do know best | #Entrepreneur | #Women | #Hairstyling | Bjorn Salsone | Chaz Kruger | Business Brunch | #Podcast - August 9, 2022
- Why after 250 years are we still struggling for inclusion? | #Business | #Women | Lindi Tshabangu | Kalnisha Singh | Word of Mouth | KD Strategies - August 8, 2022