Xerox introduces its first cut-sheet inkjet press
According to InfoTrends, production color inkjet print will account for 57 percent of the total production digital color page volume by 2019. To help print providers capitalize on inkjet’s growing momentum, Xerox has announced the launch of the the Xerox Brenva™ HD Production Inkjet Press.
The press is the first in an innovative new series of inkjet offerings to come from Xerox to the cut-sheet inkjet market. Brenva will enable print providers to accelerate growth and drive the production of more high-value applications such as direct mail, transactional, books and catalogs.
“We are focused on expanding our inkjet portfolio with more choices and greater capabilities for print providers to grow their businesses,” said Robert Stabler, senior vice president and general manager, Global Graphic Communications Business Group, Xerox. “With the addition of the Brenva, we’re making inkjet more accessible and affordable to a larger number of print providers.”
Carving out a new space in the cut-sheet inkjet market
Xerox is targeting the space – dubbed by InfoTrends as the Zone of Disruption – that sits below the gap between high-end toner and low-end inkjet presses with the Brenva. The new press combines the cost effectiveness of inkjet with the flexibilities of cut-sheet to address the needs of print providers in the light direct mail, transactional and book markets. Incorporating many of the reliable paper-path components of the award-winning Xerox iGen®, Brenva offers best-in-class automation and reliability features to maximize press productivity including:
- An inline spectrophotometer to assist with calibration and profiling;
- Object-oriented color management to distinguish text, graphics and images and optimizes the image quality of each accordingly;
- K-only mode so it will run as a cost effective monochrome press.
- Going Digital against #GBV | MIP partners with TEARS Foundation | Richard Firth | Mara Glennie | #Digital | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- Firstwatch announces 2021 initiative to support entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #PayItForward | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- See me, Understand me, Learn with me | #Insight | #Education | The Montessori model enters your home | Madeline Hoban | InHome Montessori - October 19, 2021
- Is your business ready for the new frontier of hybrid working | Business Brunch with Björn | #Entrepreneur | #Technology | Craig Johnson | NSN.CO.ZA - October 19, 2021
- Abundance is not what’s in your wallet | #Insight | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- How important is Employer Branding to you and your business? | #Insight | #HR | Pabi Mogosetsi | UNIVERSUM | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How is AI going to affect both Business and the Advertising landscapes? | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How do youth actually consume content? | #Entrepreneur | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Khathutshelo Bapela | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021
- Since SA has have moved to level 1 lock-down, what effect is this having on the markets? | #Insights | #Trading | Zihad Israel | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021