Singing sensation Bongi Archi propels into the pop scene as his powerful debut single Excuse Me released across all digital platforms on Thursday 11th November, and as he heads into an exciting new phase of his musical journey as a recording artist and singer/songwriter.
While Bongi Archi might be a newcomer for people to start paying attention to in the original music world, he’s instantly recognisable under his birth name Bongi Mthombeni from the many stages he’s graced over the past decade since he burst onto the entertainment scene as a popular member of Idols SA Top 8 in 2010.
He hasn’t stopped working since and is just as comfortable on grand theatre stages, as a special guest artist on Disney Cruiselines that took him around the world, to back on the TV screen in Ons Soek Die Sangerwhere he reached the Top 5; from Joyous Celebration to countless corporate events, Bongi has proven time and again his versatility and popularity with audiences brought about by his vibrant and charming stage presence second to none.
Throughout this time, Bongi has been honing and fine-tuning his song-writing skills, learning from experts and today he gives his fans what they’ve been asking for along the way – original music!
Along with new branding, a stage-name change to Bongi Archi to reflect this exciting next step, Excuse Me is only the beginning of this exhilarating journey.
Written by Bongi Archi in collaboration with Howie Combrink and Neil Engel from The Hit Lab, his love of soul, pop, R&B and Gospel shine through in the instrumentation and vocal delivery of the single.
While developing the sound of the single, the initial reggae feel was changed to bring in Bongi’s love of piano when he sat down at the piano and played it dry for his team. They knew that was the new direction to go.
Members of the public know of his vocal talents, but few realise his formidable skills on piano, drums and bass. Bongi wanted his introduction as a newcomer to the recording world, to reflect that. His compelling vocals round that out to deliver a single that will stick in your head once you’ve listened to it.
”Excuse Me is personal for Bongi, as it talks about a time in his life when he was “friend zoned” and wanted to share those feelings in a song, not only for himself, but for others who know the feeling.
Excuse Me is now available for streaming/downloading across all digital platforms HERE
- Ground One Coffee is stirring it up! | #LTM | Lunchtime Marketing | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | Shane Radebe | Letsi Mailula | #Podcast | #ebizradio | Hollard Insure - November 25, 2021
- Roche launches cobas pureintegrated solutions analyser to help simplify operations in small to medium sized labs |#News | #Medical | Roche Diagnostics Sandra Orta - November 24, 2021
- Young artists invited to illustrate the spirit of wealth | Ubuntu Invest | Art | Neliswe Msango |Competition | #ebizradio | #Podcast - November 24, 2021
- Excuse Me | Unscripted Life | Clive Vanderwagen | Bongi Archi | #SupportLocal | #Podcast | #ebizradio - November 23, 2021
- Every behavior is driven by a motivation | #LTL | Leadership | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - November 22, 2021
- South Africa’s most attractive Employers – Universum Global demystifies the new employment landscape | #HumanResources | #Insight | #ebizradio - November 22, 2021
- In the NEWS – the week that was | #News | Kuhle Tshabalala | #eBizradio | #Podcast - November 19, 2021
- Let all children know they’re loved this – Universal Children’s Day | #News | Dr Jerry Gule | The Love Trust | #ebizradio - November 19, 2021
- THE PURSUIT OF HAPPYNESS – A story of a movie that shaped an entrepreneur’s vision | #Opinion | Nelisiwe Masngo | Ubuntu Invest | #ebizradio - November 18, 2021
- The Firstwatch Entrepreneurial Challenge 2021 is live | #Entrepreneur | Simo Nzama | #ebizradio - November 18, 2021