Creative strategist Mike Sharman and digital entrepreneur Murray Legg from digital marketing agency Retroviral are celebrating four years of crafting, producing, sharing, tagging and seeding client campaigns…
Starting their digital adventure in 2010, Retroviral strives to be the best story teller for its clients by using video content and strong social influences to help rise above the online clutter and noise.
Mike and Murray’s approach is a simple one: They help brands tell their stories in a captivating and artful way, using a combination of video content and social influencers to spread the news. “In a world dominated by clicks and hashtags, we produce remarkable content to ensure our brands clients rise above the online noise and clutter,” says Mike.
“Retroviral was created when Mike and I realised that even though digital communication was growing and evolving as a channel in South Africa in early 2010, the principles of telling stories were still very traditional,” adds Murray.
“Even though the media was changing from conventional print and online news to blogging and microblogging with the rise of social media, it remained true that a good story, well told, would be told again and again by people who were passionate about its message. And so, Retroviral began,” elaborates Mike.
Retroviral also set a benchmark in South African influencer marketing with Black River FC / Nando’s legendary Last Dictator Standing campaign. The agency effectively showed that clever content seeding delivers remarkable results: This campaign achieved one million views in six days, a 2012 Cannes Media Lion award, and led to the meal promoted by the campaign being the best selling in Nando’s 25 year history!
Looking to the future, Murray is excited that, like the brands they have worked on, word-of-mouth and social media discussions of Retroviral’s campaigns are having a positive impact on the agency’s growth.
“Retroviral is now a strong team of eight consultants, and our next chapter will see the brand growing into Africa,” says Murray. “It’s been an incredible journey over the last four years. We’ve been privileged to work closely with really great brands who we view as both our clients and friends.”
“Retroviral’s focus is on offering great work to its clients under four pillars: strategy, content creation, content dissemination through digital public relations and influencer marketing, and reporting,” adds Mike. “We’re sticking to our principles on these pillars, as we continue with our growth. We have always said that we never want to be the biggest agency on the digital marketing scene, but we constantly strive to be the best.”
Below we chat about Retroviral and their various other business endeavors, just how have these entrepreneurs got where they are and what insights can they share with the public, find out now!
Retroviral can be found here: http://www.retroviral.co.za/
- Online sales surge during Covid| #eBizTechnology | Arthur Goldstuck | #Podcast - November 27, 2020
- Political Correctness |#LTS |#KevinBritz |Lunchtime Stories |#LaurenBritz |#Podcast |#ebizradio - November 27, 2020
- iOCO achieves 100 AWS certifications | #eBizWires - November 26, 2020
- Gentlemen please LOVE YOUR NUTS | #LTM |#KevinBritz |#BjornSalsone | Torsten Koehler |#marketing |#podcast |#ebizradio - November 26, 2020
- A cash register and office day-care in the 1800’s – What does this have to do with selling today? |#Sales |#ShelleyWalters |#Salesenablement |#Podcast |#ebizradio - November 25, 2020
- Bottles – an on demand alcohol delivery service |#Letstalkdigital | Audrey Naidoo | Enrico Ferigoli | Vincent Viviers |#Digital | Pick n Pay |#Podcast |#ebizradio - November 25, 2020
- Education institutions band together to slash prices for #BlackFriday |#PayItForward | The Knowledge Trust - November 24, 2020
- What is motivational leadership? |#LTL |#Leadership |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Dan Davis |#Penbev | #Cocacola - November 23, 2020
- Sexual harrasement is NOT ACCEPTABLE – Call it out! |#LTS |#kevinbritz |#laurenbritz | Lunch Time Stories | #Podcast |#ebizradio - November 20, 2020
- Doctors make the worst patients | Male breast cancer and business |#LTM |#kevinbrtiz |#bjornsalsone | Dr Carel Piet van Eeden|#Marketing |#Podcast - November 19, 2020