A very interesting topic discussed between Craig and Nick Today, that of digital engagement and communication with Consumers…. As the continent becomes more digitized so this subject needs to be discussed not only at a business level but at a industry level as well:
The consumer electronics industry, which has historically moved in cycles from innovation to refinement and back to innovation, is at another inflection point.
With the Internet of Things (IoT) rapidly becoming a reality and devices connecting every aspect of consumers’ lives, the shift to the new connectedworld signals another tidal wave of industry transition. The 2015 Accenture Digital Consumer Survey for communications, media and technology companies polled 24,000 consumers in 24 countries.
The research indicates that consumers find intelligent devices increasingly relevant to their lives and are inspired by the possibilities of the connected world. Yet to gain the consumer confidence that will move their products and services from early adoption to mainstream use, consumer electronics companies need to do three things:
1. Offer phenomenal customer experiences right out of the box,
2. Break through a crowded marketplace with strong digital brands, and
3. Provide a level of security and privacy that will inspire consumer trust.
Craig Page-Lee is the MD of Posterscope – SA’s leading Out Of Home specialists. He is passionate about retail and has a background in design and architecture and one day dreams of heading off on a world adventure on his motor-cycle.
- Streaming content in 2020; the RSA context | #eBizInsights | Richard Lord | Podcast - February 14, 2020
- Search Engines prioritise user experiences in 2020 | #eBizInsights | Marcus Matsi - February 13, 2020
- Hive Digital Media’s Spectrum Roadshow| #eBizWires - February 13, 2020
- 2020 : The most important SONA since 1994 | #ebizradio #Opinion | Mike Abel - February 13, 2020
- Smoking in the Workplace: 21st Century edition | #eBizInisghts | Nicol Myburgh | Podcast - February 12, 2020
- iOCO achieves AWS End User Computing Competency status | #eBizInsights | Podcast | Richard Vester - February 6, 2020
- New examples of Customer-experience innovation with Dentsu Aegis| #eBizWires - February 6, 2020
- How Blockchain Technology Can Change Financial Management In Africa | #eBizInsights - February 6, 2020
- Spectrum: South Africa’s own innovative local video streaming platform | #eBizWires - February 5, 2020
- Choice, mobility, convenience drive customer experience | #eBizWires | Joshua Salani - February 5, 2020