A very interesting topic discussed between Craig and Nick Today, that of digital engagement and communication with Consumers…. As the continent becomes more digitized so this subject needs to be discussed not only at a business level but at a industry level as well:
The consumer electronics industry, which has historically moved in cycles from innovation to refinement and back to innovation, is at another inflection point.
With the Internet of Things (IoT) rapidly becoming a reality and devices connecting every aspect of consumers’ lives, the shift to the new connectedworld signals another tidal wave of industry transition. The 2015 Accenture Digital Consumer Survey for communications, media and technology companies polled 24,000 consumers in 24 countries.
The research indicates that consumers find intelligent devices increasingly relevant to their lives and are inspired by the possibilities of the connected world. Yet to gain the consumer confidence that will move their products and services from early adoption to mainstream use, consumer electronics companies need to do three things:
1. Offer phenomenal customer experiences right out of the box,
2. Break through a crowded marketplace with strong digital brands, and
3. Provide a level of security and privacy that will inspire consumer trust.
Craig Page-Lee is the MD of Posterscope – SA’s leading Out Of Home specialists. He is passionate about retail and has a background in design and architecture and one day dreams of heading off on a world adventure on his motor-cycle.
- Redstor offers Joyce’s Soup Kitchen some much needed support| #eBizPayItForward - December 4, 2019
- How what you study can lead to unexplored paths |#eBizInsights | Jamal Sahib - December 4, 2019
- Software licencing should be getting simpler, but it’s not | #eBizInsights |Richard Firth - December 4, 2019
- Syrex spreads some Santa Shoebox joy this festive season | #eBizPayItForward - December 4, 2019
- The real value of Paid Search and tracking the consumer journey |#eBizInsights| - December 4, 2019
- HAWKERS, HUSTLERS AND HERO’S | #Opinion | Ingrid von Stein - December 3, 2019
- SAB Urban Agriculture Podcasts: #10 A wrap up with SAB| #eBizEntrepreneur |Phumzile Chifunyise - December 3, 2019
- Offshore Investments: A Road map| #eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker - December 2, 2019
- SAB Urban Agriculture Podcasts: #9 Crispy Crop| #eBizEntrepreneur |Siphamandla Bilitane - December 2, 2019
- The power of positive sentiment, rugby and great business | #eBizInsight | Chris Botha - November 28, 2019