Avios Group Limited and Cardova Trading have partnered within the branded content sphere to encourage sign ups for- and education on- the new travel rewards program Avios.
Avios travel rewards programme partners include; Avis car Rental, Protea Hotels, BP, Pick n Pay, Lew Geffen Sotheby’s International Realty, ABSA Rewards, Ucount, British Airways and Iberia Plus, there is also the Avios credit card that allows you to collect Avios currency anywhere you shop!
How do we encourage sign ups and education of a brands new Travel Rewards program?
Carat, Mortimer Harvey and the Avios marketing team embarked on a partnership with production company Cardova to integrate branded content into existing programs as well as develop a new Advertiser Funded Program.
The aim of the project is to become more than just a brand but rather a rewards program that is positioned as an everyday easy to collect currency that can be used for travel whether it is for flights or accommodation.
“Integrating the brand into platforms where the fit felt natural was key; with a big task of Membership acquisition as well as awareness and education, this partnership was recommended as it can deliver on all those objectives,” says Ilsa Grabe, Carat.
Connecting to content does the trick
Avios created a travel community on the morning show Expresso on SABC 3 to demonstrate to consumers how easy it is to collect rewards by encouraging sign ups daily, the brand is benefiting from the high frequency as well as the integrated nature of brand education through every day topics.
The brand has been giving away amazing rewards and prizes which continues week on week to increase the Avios membership base. Adding to this, NaWeek is a new Afrikaans lifestyle program on SABC 3 on Saturday’s at 7pm and has been sponsored by Avios. The programme is centred on all things “Local”. Exactly what the Avios brand proposition is all about, thus making travel accessible through a rewards program so that consumers can travel “lekker” whether local or international.
Since the partnership inception the Avios client base has increased by 30% and the run-rate of sign ups and engagement week on week continues to grow.
Skipping the clutter through partnerships
“With the advent of PVRs and the increasingly cluttered environment in which brands must cut-through to consumers, Content Marketing is fast becoming a necessity rather than a consideration in the marketing mix. Our partnership with Cardova has allowed us to integrate Avios brand messages seamlessly into relevant TV platforms in a way that doesn’t disrupt but rather adds value and engages the viewer. What’s more is that this is a truly unique partnership due to the way in which we track the campaign performance through both soft and hard metrics.
Most content marketing campaigns tend to rely on softer brand measures (e.g. brand awareness) to track marketing effectiveness, whereas with this partnership we have been able to track viewer engagement and resulting growth of the Avios Travel Rewards Programme member base through a real-time online dashboard, allowing us to work very closely with Carat and Mortimer Harvey to optimise and maximise ROI throughout the campaign, ” says Rahul Patel, Avios Marketing Head.
“Cardova’s various platforms, consumer segments, show times, reach and programs, offered a unique partnership opportunity for Avios South Africa. It allowed Avios to share with Expresso, Hayden Quinn, NAweek and other viewers the value of our program, our partners and how every South African can become part of the Avios world. Cardova’s branded content offer brands like Avios a great way to educate, differentiate and drive brand exposure whilst sharing key messages with the audience and the success to date has surpassed all our expectations, “ says Andries Zietsman, General Manager, Avios Group Limited.
Have you signed up to the best Travel Rewards programme yet? www.avios.com
- Are you a narcissist? |#LTC |#KevinBritz |#LTS |Natasha Williams - October 27, 2020
- The Boomer Economy: Marketing to the Amortalists| #eBizTrends | Dion Chang| Podcast - October 27, 2020
- CORONAVIRUS: COMPLACENCY IS SOUTH AFRICA’S BIGGEST CHALLENGE | #eBizInsights | Prevan Naidoo | Podcast - October 27, 2020
- How to innovate in publishing – Pivoting the publishing industry toward purpose |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth |Arthur Attwell - October 26, 2020
- Load shedding wrecks work from home strategies | #eBizInsights| Richard Firth - October 26, 2020
- Are you keeping up with the latest Leadership trends? |#LTL |#Leadership |#Podcast |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Ian Dawson - October 26, 2020
- It is all about the money, or is it? |#LTS |#KevinBritz | Lauren Britz | #Podcast | #CandidConversations |#Business |#ebizradio - October 23, 2020
- The marketing story behind The Good Things Guy |#KevinBritz |#Brent Lindeque |#BjornSalsone |#Marketing | #Podcast |#ebizradio - October 22, 2020
- Are you feeling overwhelmed by ONLINE SELLING? | Shelley Walters |#Sales |#Podcast - October 21, 2020
- Reverse Engineering Agency FTE Models |#LetsTalkDigital | #AudreyNaidoo |#Podcast | Shaneel Singh | MediaCom | Julian Mountain | GroupM - October 21, 2020