In this edition of #eBiz Entrepreneur, Nick Stein chats to Koo Govender from the VWV group about Entrepreneurship in South Africa, focusing on the recently established and wildly successful Phakama Womans Academy:
Koo Govender is doing some really exciting things to empower young women and groom them for the workplace…
Last year she launched a very successful women’s academy (Phakama Women’s Academy) with a vision to create leadership academy to fast-track much needed workplace skills for soon to be graduates in our sector, particularly among women.
The content of the pilot programme included modules that address areas such as presentation skills, developing your personal brand, CV development, interviewing skills, stress and time management, and personal finance. Also included in the offering is mentorship.
Each student was mentored one-on-one by an expert in their field. Having this first-hand industry experience, the mentors were able to provide both career guidance and invaluable insight into the dynamics of the workplace.
- Philanthropy: Restoring human dignity through innovation in SA|#PayItForward |#ebizradio - October 30, 2020
- #POWERTOTHEPIXEL 2020 |Fak’ugesi Festival |#MbaliNdhlovu | Dr Tegan Bristow |#Digital |#Podcast - October 30, 2020
- What is the difference between SOCIAL SELLING and SOCIAL MARKETING? |#Sales |#ShelleyWalters |#Podcast - October 29, 2020
- Positivity, Authentic and Consistency – That’s how to build a brand |#LTM |#KevinBritz |#BjornSalsone |#DannyPainter - October 29, 2020
- Without children we have no future – Protect them! |#LTC |#KevinBritz | Edith Kriel | Jelly Beanz |#ebizradio - October 28, 2020
- A Paradigm Shift In Events Marketing |#Letstalkdigital |#Digital | Audrey Naidoo | Neo Matsau - October 28, 2020
- Are you a narcissist? |#LTC |#KevinBritz |#LTS |Natasha Williams - October 27, 2020
- The Boomer Economy: Marketing to the Amortalists| #eBizTrends | Dion Chang| Podcast - October 27, 2020
- CORONAVIRUS: COMPLACENCY IS SOUTH AFRICA’S BIGGEST CHALLENGE | #eBizInsights | Prevan Naidoo | Podcast - October 27, 2020
- How to innovate in publishing – Pivoting the publishing industry toward purpose |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth |Arthur Attwell - October 26, 2020