EasyDIY magazine has been a trusted guide for proud home owners to improve their living spaces, with a loyal subscriber base and a presence at major retail outlets and has been published by Wag the Dog for two years. Recently they have entered the exciting and fast paced world of online publishing with the launch of the portal, easyDIY.co.za, which aims to provide practical and useful information and advice that will grow a participative community of DIYers. The site’s primary content pillars are: Make, Maintain, Restore, Improve and Garden.
The content is friendly, accessible and trustworthy. Visitors can interact with Ask Eddy, our useful and responsive online expert. Ask Eddy is a source of answers to the many questions DIYers have.
The publishers have a solid history in the DIY industry having launched DIY Trade News in 1986 and Home Handyman in the early 1990’s. easyDIY.co.za aims to form a partnership with advertisers who: recognise value; are flexible with its offerings in terms of added value that goes both ways and is committed to meet all sales targets, thus ensuring its sustainability.
Market research commissioned by Wag the Dog proves that South Africans are ready for an accessible and inspirational source of information. Of the 15 000 respondents surveyed, 54% search for new ideas to improve their homes and look for special offers and 70% agree that it is worth paying more for quality. 55% clean and maintain their own pools. A majority of the respondents agree that the most important room in the house is the kitchen. DIYers are green supporters.
The survey revealed that when it comes to doing it the most important things, in order of importance, are: painting 55%; general repairs 36%; restoring 27%; plumbing 16% and tiling 15%. While DIY is a national pastime, men take most of the doing while women share, with men doing, the buying. Research shows that 80% of the audience are homeowners from urban areas and 20% from the rural areas. 55% of these are male and 45% are female. The target market is LSM 6-10.
The easy-to-navigate site allows a user access to tips, hints, plans and projects that will assist in improving a home. The site can be used by beginners, intermediate or skilled DIYers. Visitors have access to projects graded according to difficulty; handy tips; safety rules and more.
easyDIY.co.za goes beyond expectations creating an online community of users who want to know what to do, how to do it and what to buy. This community will share ideas and tips through our very own Ask Eddy. There will be experts to guide and advise users on making, repairing, maintaining, restoring and improving homes.
By registering, DIYers gain the benefit of a newsletter personalised to suit their interests. There will be a calendar of events including the popular DIY Divas programmes and association news will be updated. The user also has access to before and after pictures of projects as well as downloadable videos.
- Augmented Reality and financial services |#Marketing | #LTM | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - May 6, 2021
- Data and Creative Effectiveness in Digital Marketing |#LetsTalkDigitalZA | Audrey Naidoo | Antonio Petra |#Digital | #ebizradio - May 6, 2021
- Selling requires 3 D’s and a R – do you have them? |#Sales | Shelley Walters | Sales Enabler | #Podcast | #ebizradio - May 5, 2021
- How do we tackle INCLUSION in the workplace? |#HR | #Insight | Kevin Britz | Samkelo Blom | #Podcast | #ebizradio - May 5, 2021
- The events space has now become a hybrid industry | Business Brunch with Bjorn | Liesl Smith | The Events Place | #Entrepreneur | #podcast |#ebizradio - May 4, 2021
- African Women Can Build a Better Future for All Africans with Oil and Natural Gas if Men Just Step Back | #Opinion | NJ Ayuk | African Energy Chamber #Insight | #ebizradio - May 4, 2021
- DiDi e-hailing takes on Uber and Bolt in SA |#Technology | Arthur Goldstuck | #podcast | #ebizradio - May 3, 2021
- Why women are successful leaders | #Leadership | #LunchtimeLeadership | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson |Sonja Coetzer |#podcast |#ebizradio - May 3, 2021
- The Love Trust – An outstanding NPO | Stephen Brown|#PayItForward |#ebizradio - May 3, 2021
- My therapist is a ROBOT is yours? |#Trends | Dion Chang | Flux Trends | #podcast |#ebizradio - May 3, 2021