EasyDIY magazine has been a trusted guide for proud home owners to improve their living spaces, with a loyal subscriber base and a presence at major retail outlets and has been published by Wag the Dog for two years. Recently they have entered the exciting and fast paced world of online publishing with the launch of the portal, easyDIY.co.za, which aims to provide practical and useful information and advice that will grow a participative community of DIYers. The site’s primary content pillars are: Make, Maintain, Restore, Improve and Garden.
The content is friendly, accessible and trustworthy. Visitors can interact with Ask Eddy, our useful and responsive online expert. Ask Eddy is a source of answers to the many questions DIYers have.
The publishers have a solid history in the DIY industry having launched DIY Trade News in 1986 and Home Handyman in the early 1990’s. easyDIY.co.za aims to form a partnership with advertisers who: recognise value; are flexible with its offerings in terms of added value that goes both ways and is committed to meet all sales targets, thus ensuring its sustainability.
Market research commissioned by Wag the Dog proves that South Africans are ready for an accessible and inspirational source of information. Of the 15 000 respondents surveyed, 54% search for new ideas to improve their homes and look for special offers and 70% agree that it is worth paying more for quality. 55% clean and maintain their own pools. A majority of the respondents agree that the most important room in the house is the kitchen. DIYers are green supporters.
The survey revealed that when it comes to doing it the most important things, in order of importance, are: painting 55%; general repairs 36%; restoring 27%; plumbing 16% and tiling 15%. While DIY is a national pastime, men take most of the doing while women share, with men doing, the buying. Research shows that 80% of the audience are homeowners from urban areas and 20% from the rural areas. 55% of these are male and 45% are female. The target market is LSM 6-10.
The easy-to-navigate site allows a user access to tips, hints, plans and projects that will assist in improving a home. The site can be used by beginners, intermediate or skilled DIYers. Visitors have access to projects graded according to difficulty; handy tips; safety rules and more.
easyDIY.co.za goes beyond expectations creating an online community of users who want to know what to do, how to do it and what to buy. This community will share ideas and tips through our very own Ask Eddy. There will be experts to guide and advise users on making, repairing, maintaining, restoring and improving homes.
By registering, DIYers gain the benefit of a newsletter personalised to suit their interests. There will be a calendar of events including the popular DIY Divas programmes and association news will be updated. The user also has access to before and after pictures of projects as well as downloadable videos.
- Education institutions band together to slash prices for #BlackFriday |#PayItForward | The Knowledge Trust - November 24, 2020
- What is motivational leadership? |#LTL |#Leadership |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Dan Davis |#Penbev | #Cocacola - November 23, 2020
- Sexual harrasement is NOT ACCEPTABLE – Call it out! |#LTS |#kevinbritz |#laurenbritz | Lunch Time Stories | #Podcast |#ebizradio - November 20, 2020
- Doctors make the worst patients | Male breast cancer and business |#LTM |#kevinbrtiz |#bjornsalsone | Dr Carel Piet van Eeden|#Marketing |#Podcast - November 19, 2020
- Are you the next The MediaShop Johannesburg MD? |#eBizWires - November 18, 2020
- Work from home has fundamentally redefined the eight-hour workday | #eBizInsights | Richard Firth - November 18, 2020
- How to hone your selling skills! |#ShelleyWalters |#Sales |#Podcst |#ebizradio - November 18, 2020
- What habits have we picked up whilst working remotely? |#LTC |#kevinbritz |#coaching | Barry Davis |#Podcast |#ebizradio - November 18, 2020
- Ad-fatigue and banner-blindness! |#Letstalkdigital |#AudreyNaidoo |#Digital | Casey Saran | Danny Greeff |#Podcast |#ebizradio - November 17, 2020
- What is Kinesiology and how can your body benefit? |#LTC |#KevinBritz | Callie Knickelbein |#Podcast |#ebizradio - November 17, 2020