On this Podcast of #eBizEntrepreneur, Nick chats to Rian Bornman, CEO of FlightSite and FlightSiteAgent about the growing e-commerce sector of tourism and travel arrangements…
As discussed in the Podcast, Rian explains the development of the business from its humble beginnings to now, points to look out for include:
– Rian identified the gap in the market and launched FlightSiteAgent which acts as an always on business tool for agents in the travel industry and anyone else that would like to start their own travel business or need an extra income.
– FlightSiteAgent enables people to create and manage their own travel businesses, while creating vitally needed employment.
-The lack of barriers to entry makes it easier than ever before for intrepid entrepreneurs to gain access to the industry.
-FlightSiteAgent has signed up over 4000 agents of which 400 are transactional.
-The platform works by allowing FlightSite Agents to search for seats on any airline – including low cost carriers – hold the seats and then send quotes directly from the system to their customers via e-mail or sms. Once their clients have approved the quote, FlightSite Agents pay for their bookings via credit card or EFT
-Agents determine their own service fee structure by either charging a flat mark-up or a percentage of the fare. They can also fully customise FlightSite Agent with their own brand and logo.
Bornman launched FlightSite Agent in March 2013 after he saw an opportunity to replicate the success story of Via.com, an Indian B2B online travel platform, locally. Today the company has a permanent staff complement of eight as well as a growing network of independent agents across the country.
Besides the day-to-day management of FlightSite Agent, Bornman has recently completed his EMBA thesis with the Universtiy of Cape Town’s Graduate School of Business. It is about the mainstream market’s acceptance of innovation for which he’s using FlightSite Agent as a case study.
Alongside FlightSite Agent, Bornman is the managing director of their B2C brand FlightSite.com, which operates in six countries across the African continent.
- Robotics in Retail – What does this mean for you and your business? | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 22, 2021
- The Youth Unemployment Crisis – What is the impact on individuals and the economy | #Insights | Bryden Morton | Chris Blair | 21st Century | #ebizradio - October 20, 2021
- Going Digital against #GBV | MIP partners with TEARS Foundation | Richard Firth | Mara Glennie | #Digital | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- Firstwatch announces 2021 initiative to support entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #PayItForward | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- See me, Understand me, Learn with me | #Insight | #Education | The Montessori model enters your home | Madeline Hoban | InHome Montessori - October 19, 2021
- Is your business ready for the new frontier of hybrid working | Business Brunch with Björn | #Entrepreneur | #Technology | Craig Johnson | NSN.CO.ZA - October 19, 2021
- Abundance is not what’s in your wallet | #Insight | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- How important is Employer Branding to you and your business? | #Insight | #HR | Pabi Mogosetsi | UNIVERSUM | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How is AI going to affect both Business and the Advertising landscapes? | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021