For the first time in many of their lives, learners at Manoe Secondary School in Limpopo will be able to access a computer to help them with their school work. 115 of learners at the school will benefit from 12 of laptop computers donated to the school by Dynamic Recovery Services (DRS).
“Today was a successful yet emotional day,” said Edwin Moremi, COO of DRS, and old boy of Manoe Secondary School, who accompanied by DRS’s office administrator, Nthabeleng Tlali, handed over the laptops.
He said DRS would like to ensure that the youth of today have access to technology to help empower them in their school careers. “Some of these students hadn’t even seen a laptop before today. In fact, the majority of students only have access to this sort of technology at tertiary level.”
The laptops are intended to assist in the students’ academic progress while at Manoe Secondary School and to later give them an avenue to apply to tertiary institutions online. “There is no doubt that having access to the technology will assist the school in improving learners’ computer skills, and aid them in their education overall.”
“We are extremely grateful for the donation. Our students will have less of a struggle when they go tertiary institutions if they have a basic understanding of technology, and how it can help learning,” says Principal Molokomme from Manoe Secondary School.
He adds that the majority of the students come from underprivileged backgrounds and they need resources to keep up with South Africa’s education system. “Many of our teachers are computer literate teachers and will be able to teach students basic computer skills.”
In closing, Moremi said the donation of these laptops will enable previously disadvantaged students to narrow the playing fields, and ensure they are able to compete on a slightly more equal footing.
DRS is an ICT services and solutions provider that offers ingenious security services with a portfolio that covers customer needs from the creation of security strategy to the daily operation of point security products. DRS partners with market-leading technology providers to ensure the best possible infrastructure and adds the services to ensure that the chosen products are effectively implemented and operate efficiently.
The company specialises in providing innovation and agility in the areas of information security, IT risk management and IT governance, focusing on key areas ranging from Anti-Malware Protection, Desktop Firewall/ Host IPS for PC’s, Content Filtering to Perimeter Firewalls, Intrusion Detection and Prevention, Vulnerability and Configuration Management, Security Event Consolidation and correlation and even Data Loss Prevention, Network Access Control, Encryption and even more.
DRS is a specialist in the effective implementation of many industry-leading technologies such as Air Defense, AccessData. ArcSight and many more. We strive to excel in all domains remaining entrepreneurial.
- Redstor offers Joyce’s Soup Kitchen some much needed support| #eBizPayItForward - December 4, 2019
- How what you study can lead to unexplored paths |#eBizInsights | Jamal Sahib - December 4, 2019
- Software licencing should be getting simpler, but it’s not | #eBizInsights |Richard Firth - December 4, 2019
- Syrex spreads some Santa Shoebox joy this festive season | #eBizPayItForward - December 4, 2019
- The real value of Paid Search and tracking the consumer journey |#eBizInsights| - December 4, 2019
- HAWKERS, HUSTLERS AND HERO’S | #Opinion | Ingrid von Stein - December 3, 2019
- SAB Urban Agriculture Podcasts: #10 A wrap up with SAB| #eBizEntrepreneur |Phumzile Chifunyise - December 3, 2019
- Offshore Investments: A Road map| #eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker - December 2, 2019
- SAB Urban Agriculture Podcasts: #9 Crispy Crop| #eBizEntrepreneur |Siphamandla Bilitane - December 2, 2019
- The power of positive sentiment, rugby and great business | #eBizInsight | Chris Botha - November 28, 2019