Synthesis is excited to host its annual hackathon on 5 March where S over one hundred employees will spend just under 24 hours straight developing incredible technology in the form of a Minimum Viable Product (MVP).
This year Synthesis is dedicating the hackathon to social good. One of the greatest challenges that South Africa faces is gender-based violence and Synthesis seeks to use technology to address this.
The company has initiated a competition through ChaiFM that requests the public to submit all technology or app ideas that will help tackle gender-based violence.
The winning idea will be built during the hackathon.
“We want to use this hackathon to get our team and the public thinking about how we can address this problem. Collective action, coupled with technology and innovation can have an exceptional impact. The more minds that come together, the more ideas created, the better we can address the problem. We are excited to create the winning idea and the ideas of our developers,” explains Howard Feldman, Synthesis Head of People and Marketing.
Synthesis believes that technology should be used to improve lives. “Technology should be used for good and to benefit society. The hackathon is just one small step in the right direction,” adds Feldman.
Join the Synthesis Competition! Send us your app/tech ideas to address gender-based violence in SA, stand a chance to win R5 000 and have your tech built during our hackathon! Together, let’s make a difference!
Send your entry to [email protected] by MONDAY 3 March 2020. http://bit.ly/2PjQOXA
Synthesis is a true South African success story. Synthesis believes that providing innovative solutions based on emerging technologies will help their clients become globally competitive. Synthesis focuses on banking and financial institutions, retail, media and telecommunications sectors in South Africa and other emerging markets.
In 2017 Capital Appreciation Limited, a JSE-listed Fintech company, acquired 100 per cent of Synthesis. Following the acquisition, Synthesis remains an independent operating entity within the Capital Appreciation Group providing Cloud, Digital and RegTech services as well as corporate learning solutions through the Synthesis Academy. Visit www.synthesis.co.za or follow on LinkedIn.
- The Saturday Night Show – Tales from my stethoscope | Bruna Dessena |#AdvancedLifeSupportParamedic |#Podcst |#PayItForward - January 21, 2021
- Oops….you exposed yourself! What’s up with What’s App? |#LTM | Craig Page-Lee |#Marketing | Podcast |#ebizradio - January 21, 2021
- Why you need to be agile in 2021 |#LTC |#Coaching |Meenakshi Iyer | Northstar at Work |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 20, 2021
- The art of virtual B2B selling in 2021 | #TalkDigitalZA |#AudreyNaidoo |#ShelleyWalters | The Sales Counsel |#Podcast | #ebizradio - January 20, 2021
- What is SELF EFFICACY? |#LTC |#kevinbritz |#Coaching | Liezl Mari Reid |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 19, 2021
- The thinking behind the launch of print weekly DM168 |Mike Stopforth |#OneEyedManPodcast |Styli Charalambous | Daily Maverick |#ebizradio - January 18, 2021
- Love your problems |#LTL |#Leadership | Dawn Rowlands |#Dentsu |#KevinBritz |#ebizradio |#podcast - January 18, 2021
- WHY CORPORATES HAVE TO ADJUST NOW! |#LTC |#Kevinbritz | Mpume Ncube-Daka |#ebizradio |#Podcast - January 13, 2021
- WHAT OWNS YOU? |#LTC |#Coaching |#Kevinbritz | Angela Hardy |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 12, 2021
- Rethinking organisational design and effectiveness through CEOship |#OneEyedMan |Rowan Belchers | Lockstep |#ebizradio |#Podcast |#Mikestopforth - January 11, 2021