Team dormakaba cyclist Nico Pfitzenmaier will be racing the upcoming Cape Epic mountain bike stage race taking place in the Western Cape from March 17 to 24 with dormakaba South Africa MD Shaun Frayne.
A notoriously tough event, Pfitzenmaier is looking forward to taking on the challenge with Frayne.
“Shaun has given me so much support in the past with the team and he has done a lot for the sport in the country. I want to go out and help him achieve his goal of having his best Cape Epic experience as he has had some bad luck in the past,” says Pfitzenmaier.
Pfitzenmaier has a proud history with the race, having done it seven times. He has also won the Masters and Mixed categories to go along with his 26 stage victories.
With this year’s event having the most climbing per kilometre in the history of the event, it will be a true endurance test for those competing.
“The Epic is quite different to other team events as the route profile is so much harder. Often, the first three days at this race are so difficult that those not fit enough will drop out. Also, the depth of competitive riders is much deeper into the top 100 than in other big stage races like the JoBerg2c or the Wines2Whales.”
But for Pfitzenmaier this year’s race is not about the other competitors, but rather him and Shaun enjoying themselves.
“Our aim is to have fun and enjoy the trails together. With the Epic, your mind is generally your biggest opposition and competitor. So, controlling your mind and thoughts can become your biggest challenge when the going gets tough.”
Even with the Cape Epic presenting such a significant challenge, Pfitzenmaier is looking forward to the National Mountain Bike XCO Series as well as competing mixed at JoBerg2C and doing one or two races overseas later this year.
“And then defending the Vets title at Wines2Whales at the end of the year is another one I’m especially excited about. But the focus for now is on the Epic and enjoying it with Shaun.”
About dormakaba South Africa
dormakaba South Africa is an established 30-year old provider of smart and secure access solutions across South and Sub-Saharan Africa. Our premium products and creative solutions are crafted to the highest quality and include the supply and installation of door hardware, entrance systems, interior glass systems, electronic access and data, master key systems, safe locks, lodging, movable walls, key systems, and we deliver comprehensive service contracts.
With more than 150 years of experience, millions of products and countless successful installations, we are your reliable partner in secure and flexible access installations across all industries and requirements.
- Wellness initiatives essential for company growth | #eBizWires - March 19, 2019
- Firstwatch supports Entrepreneurial growth for the betterment of all | - March 19, 2019
- If innovation has no purpose then is it innovative? Thought Leadership Digibate - March 15, 2019
- Cloud evolution does not mean demise of IaaS | #eBizInsights - March 15, 2019
- Team dormakaba targets consecutive African Ladies’ Jersey at Cape Epic | #eBizWires - March 15, 2019
- Simplify FAIS Fit & get proper Compliance | #eBizWires - March 15, 2019
- Data management essential for property sector | #eBizWires | Kate McFarlene - March 14, 2019
- AI revolutionises HR | #eBizWires | Rousseau Kluever - March 13, 2019
- Introducing the modern, flexible, multifaceted workplace | #eBizWires | Bernadette Froelich - March 13, 2019
- Changing the way in which we teach and learn in SA Schools – Official launch of School Radio - March 11, 2019