In addition to sponsoring professional MTB outfit, team dormakaba and its performance director Dr Mike Posthumus, dormakaba South Africa also has an innovative ambassador programme in place designed to support talented MTB cyclists who have the potential of turning professional.
Currently comprising Derrin Smith, Matthew Stamatis, and recently joined Wessel Redelinghuys, this initiative sees the organisation provide these cyclists with kits and cover their race fees for a year amongst other things.
“Our ambassador programme helps nurture the talent that exists in the South African mountain bike scene by giving these cyclists a much-needed support infrastructure in their pursuit of joining the pro ranks. We want to give them that final steppingstone they need to turn cycling from an enthusiastic pursuit into one that becomes their full-time passion,” says Shaun Frayne, MD of dormakaba South Africa.
For Stamatis who has been part of the programme for the past several months, this is a much-needed initiative in a country well-known for its cycling talent.
“Being part of the ambassador programme has been an awesome opportunity and experience for me as a person and as a rider. It has opened doors as well as allowed me to be a part of a professional setup associated with great brands and people who have the same passion for the sport as I do. I can only thank Shaun and the rest of the team for bringing me on to this brilliant programme,” he says.
He says that having access to the professional cyclists mean those part of the ambassador programme gets invaluable insight into the sport.
“There is no shortage of knowledge and experience to tap into and they are always willing to share their tips and help you out. The support from dormakaba has been amazing and it is incredible to see how they back the team and us ambassadors. The time and effort Shaun and dormakaba put into cycling in South Africa and especially woman’s cycling in our country is wonderful and such a great initiative.”
Team dormakaba is one of the premier MTB teams in South Africa. It consists of star athletes Amy McDougall, Samantha Sanders, and Robyn de Groot.
For more info, go to: https://teamdormakaba.com/?v=68caa8201064
Behind the scenes at dormakaba South Africa; an established 30-year old provider of smart and secure access solutions across South and Sub-Saharan Africa. Our premium products and creative solutions are crafted to the highest quality and include the supply and installation of door hardware, entrance systems, interior glass systems, electronic access and data, master key systems, safe locks, lodging, movable walls, key systems, and we deliver comprehensive service contracts.
- Valuable and Purposefully Giving this Social Development Month | Pay It Forward | The Love Trust | #ebizradio - October 27, 2021
- Is the option to work from home inclusive and diverse? | #Insight | #Business | #HR | Devan Moonsamy | ICHAF | #ebizradio - October 27, 2021
- Sharing more about RETT SYNDROME and how you can help! | #BusinessBrunch | Bjorn Salsone | #PayItForward | Rett-SA | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Equality, diversity and inclusion – starts with YOU | #Insights | #Diversity | Pabi Mogosetsi | Universum Global | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Cyber Security Awareness Month Is a Good Time to Review Your Payroll Provider | #Insights | Sandra Crous | PaySpace | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Motoring News of the Week | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 25, 2021
- Robotics in Retail – What does this mean for you and your business? | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 22, 2021
- The Youth Unemployment Crisis – What is the impact on individuals and the economy | #Insights | Bryden Morton | Chris Blair | 21st Century | #ebizradio - October 20, 2021
- Going Digital against #GBV | MIP partners with TEARS Foundation | Richard Firth | Mara Glennie | #Digital | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- Firstwatch announces 2021 initiative to support entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #PayItForward | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021