TheMarketingSite.com‘s Luisa Mazinter joins BizRadio every week for #MarketingBiz, this week joining us from the DMA 2012 conference in Las Vegas (dma12.org). Luisa shared some great insights from the conference which she is going to continue to share with us over the next couple weeks. This week she shared the overall theme of the conference which was that Marketing and Data are becoming more and more intertwined specifically big data. Apparently 2.7 Zeta bytes created this year. Luisa had a look at the direct marketing industry in the United States. Essentaily Marketers need to understand the complex world of big data.
Luisa also attended the Strategic summit where they looked at Marketing as an agent for organisational change. What Marketers are required to understand and grasp is technology and this also ties in with having to deal with big data.Marketers need to use their creativity and intuition to identify opportunities, and then make use of technology and mathematical techniques to unpack opportunities mined through that data.
Luisa also shared the “4 new P’s of marketing”: Platform (technology solutions), Partners (leveraging the relationships with third parties to help achieve objectives), Process (the way marketers do things), People (making sure you have the right people with the right skills which is the main pillar of the three other p’s).
Podcast | Click HERE to listen
A brand is like a living organism – it has to have a voice, attitudes, values – be human, so it can develop human relationships #DMA2012
— Luisa Mazinter (@Lumaz) October 17, 2012
Join Grant Jansen every weekday morning from 10 to noon for the Daily Biz on Biz Radio.
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How is AI going to affect both Business and the Advertising landscapes? | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How do youth actually consume content? | #Entrepreneur | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Khathutshelo Bapela | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021
- Since SA has have moved to level 1 lock-down, what effect is this having on the markets? | #Insights | #Trading | Zihad Israel | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021
- Behind the scenes with a Theater Producer | #BusinessBrunch | #Insight | Björn Salsone | Bernard Jay | #Pantomime | #Podcast #ebizradio - October 12, 2021
- Now is the time to make money in this market | #Insight | #Money | Daniel Kibel | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 11, 2021
- How Trade Specialisation might make you a rich Forex trader | #Insights | Finance | Tope Ijibadejo | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 8, 2021
- Who are and why are these South Africa’s brands ranked the most valuable? | #Marketing | #Insight | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee - October 7, 2021
- Ubuntu is the spirit of wealth | Investing in YOUR people | #Insight | Nelisiwe Massabgo | #ebizradio - October 7, 2021
- THE NEW REASON TO GET UP FOR WORK IN THE MORNING – Becoming a future-fit employer in a Pandemic | #Business | #Insight | Sibongile Bobo Mngxali | Roche Diagnostics | #ebizradio - October 6, 2021