TheMarketingSite.com‘s Luisa Mazinter joins BizRadio every week for #MarketingBiz, this week joining us from the DMA 2012 conference in Las Vegas (dma12.org). Luisa shared some great insights from the conference which she is going to continue to share with us over the next couple weeks. This week she shared the overall theme of the conference which was that Marketing and Data are becoming more and more intertwined specifically big data. Apparently 2.7 Zeta bytes created this year. Luisa had a look at the direct marketing industry in the United States. Essentaily Marketers need to understand the complex world of big data.
Luisa also attended the Strategic summit where they looked at Marketing as an agent for organisational change. What Marketers are required to understand and grasp is technology and this also ties in with having to deal with big data.Marketers need to use their creativity and intuition to identify opportunities, and then make use of technology and mathematical techniques to unpack opportunities mined through that data.
Luisa also shared the “4 new P’s of marketing”: Platform (technology solutions), Partners (leveraging the relationships with third parties to help achieve objectives), Process (the way marketers do things), People (making sure you have the right people with the right skills which is the main pillar of the three other p’s).
Podcast | Click HERE to listen
A brand is like a living organism – it has to have a voice, attitudes, values – be human, so it can develop human relationships #DMA2012
— Luisa Mazinter (@Lumaz) October 17, 2012
Join Grant Jansen every weekday morning from 10 to noon for the Daily Biz on Biz Radio.
- Saving for the future of your people | #eBizWires - February 25, 2020
- Brand Longevity done right: Lady BlackSmith Mambazo | #eBizInsights | Thuso Mmotlana - February 25, 2020
- The evolution of Mobile | #eBizInsights |Simba Hozo - February 24, 2020
- Resignations that can be challenged | #eBizInsights - February 24, 2020
- Reporting strategy – measuring its success| #eBizInsights | Kate McFarlane - February 24, 2020
- Maximising brand visibility | #eBizInsights - February 24, 2020
- dormakaba backs Mastering SAP Conference | #eBizWires - February 24, 2020
- Private equity fund takes the lead at transformative 4IR start-ups | #eBizEntrepreneur | Brett Dawson | Podcast - February 18, 2020
- Streaming content in 2020; the RSA context | #eBizInsights | Richard Lord | Podcast - February 14, 2020
- Search Engines prioritise user experiences in 2020 | #eBizInsights | Marcus Matsi - February 13, 2020