Businesses that want to compete in the digital economy have a central goal: to use digital transformation to secure and drive competitive advantage – to achieve this, there must be an obvious connectedness among employees and a clear ability to leverage smarter technology.
This is according to Muggie van Staden, MD of leading open source technology and services provider Obsidian Systems.
He says today’s business environment has given rise to the concept of smart teamwork as an umbrella term to describe technically progressive, digitally driven and data-focused business operations. The concept is now considered a must and integral to the digital business strategy.
“Through the connectedness of people, with technology getting smarter, more mundane processes will be automated, allowing for better business insights,” says van Staden. “Competitive advantage and market leadership is really down to how quickly and effectively a company can achieve connectedness among its staff – in other words, smarter teams – and also the extent to which employees are able to tap into technology advances.”
With the advent of cloud, AI and IOT within the modern business operation, many decision makers are eager to invest in solutions and capitalise on the benefits that these resources promise.
Van Staden points out that the temptation to invest and invest quickly is often fuelled by the desire to achieve technical agility and reduce costs.
However, smart teamwork is not about managing cost he explains. “It is about building efficiency in integrating your systems and saving time, optimising your teams’ productivity and therefore gaining more than just a cost benefit.”
Once the processes are in place, what is the next step for the business?
The success of an initiative or concept or strategy is directly linked to the success of projects. This is where smarter teamwork really comes into its own says van Staden.
SmarterTeams will achieve success when they have the platform that facilitates simple, realtime and integrated communication, when they are focused on collective goals and results, and when they contribute to the bigger picture and know their role in the broader company team.
“SmarterTeams know where the gaps are and can quickly able to support their peers, they are diverse and bring different thinking to the team and solutions, and are organised,” van Staden adds.
Obsidian Systems says any business that is able to instil smart teamwork has an advantage over slower counterparts.
ABOUT OBSIDIAN SYSTEMS
Obsidian have expanded their knowledge base in partnership with subsidiaries Cape Town based Autumn Leaf and GuruHut, a software development house. The expansion of skills is now a formidable team with Java™ expertise aligning our Enterprise Open Source solution for retail, supporting technology and consulting services across enterprise-ready open source infrastructure, big data, collaboration and agile IT strategies for your business.
- It is all about the money, or is it? |#LTS |#KevinBritz | Lauren Britz | #Podcast | #CandidConversations |#Business |#ebizradio - October 23, 2020
- The marketing story behind The Good Things Guy |#KevinBritz |#Brent Lindeque |#BjornSalsone |#Marketing | #Podcast |#ebizradio - October 22, 2020
- Are you feeling overwhelmed by ONLINE SELLING? | Shelley Walters |#Sales |#Podcast - October 21, 2020
- Reverse Engineering Agency FTE Models |#LetsTalkDigital | #AudreyNaidoo |#Podcast | Shaneel Singh | MediaCom | Julian Mountain | GroupM - October 21, 2020
- COVID, a key catalyst for collective philanthropy |#PayItForward |#IPASA - October 20, 2020
- Do you have the mental endurance to do this thing called life and business |#LTC | #KevinBritz | Cobus Visser |#Coaching |#Podcast |#ebizradio - October 20, 2020
- Syncrony’s GreenLine adds trust to the bottom line | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020
- CORONAVIRUS: COMPLACENCY IS SOUTH AFRICA’S BIGGEST CHALLENGE | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020
- Parenting digitally connected children |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth | Dean McCoubrey |#digital |#ebizradio - October 19, 2020
- From a truck helper to the head of Sales |#LTL |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Romeo Langenhoven | #Leadership | Coca Cola South Africa |#Podcast - October 19, 2020