It’s that time of the year when we know that the majority of consumer spend will be in the lower ticket price items (not yachts, houses or cars).
We know that consumers will be flocking to fashion retailers across the country to spend their hard earned salaries – or bonuses – on clothing and apparel as Christmas gifts and to meet seasonal style changes.
There has been a lot of press coverage across the retail sector the past two weeks, from the announcement of a new CEO for Truworths, through to the great half-year results posted by Mr. Price a few days ago…..
Specifics to be discussed:
- Mr. Price great performance
- The industries very different expectation of Mr. price just under a year ago
- Truworths appointing a new international CEO
- The impact of store cards vs. cash on the fashion retail sector in SA
- How this is shaping the profitability of SA fashion retailers
- And what the retailers need to do to win the fashion retail stakes in SA
Craig Page-Lee is the MD of Posterscope – SA’s leading Out Of Home specialists. He is passionate about retail and has a background in design and architecture and one day dreams of heading off on a world adventure on his motor-cycle.
- Covid-19 lockdown spurs massive spike in new business account registrations online | #eBizInisghts| Jonathon Smit of Payfast |Podcast - May 29, 2020
- Insights on Data: Podcast 4 Data Literacy and Skills | #eBizInsights| Jayson O’Reilly|Podcast - May 27, 2020
- We’re facing a new way of connecting with consumers| #eBizInsights | Victor Koaho - May 27, 2020
- Types of Covid-19 tests explained| #eBizInsights | Gerald Naidoo - May 27, 2020
- The Marketing Research Foundation updates the industry| #eBizWires - May 27, 2020
- How do we get through this trauma? |#Lifestyle |#Monique Strydom| Podcast - May 22, 2020
- How to handle the unexpected news of retrenchment |#Insight |#Devan Moonsammy - May 19, 2020
- THERE IS NO RISK IN BEING DIFFERENT WHEN NOTHING IS THE SAME| #eBizInsights | Ursula McDonald & Pippa Capstick | Podcast - May 18, 2020
- Insights on Data Podcast 3: Data Analysis | #eBizInsights |Quinton Senekal - May 18, 2020
- Remote working during Lockdown | #eBizTechnology | Arthur Goldstuck | Podcast - May 11, 2020