It’s that time of the year when we know that the majority of consumer spend will be in the lower ticket price items (not yachts, houses or cars).
We know that consumers will be flocking to fashion retailers across the country to spend their hard earned salaries – or bonuses – on clothing and apparel as Christmas gifts and to meet seasonal style changes.
There has been a lot of press coverage across the retail sector the past two weeks, from the announcement of a new CEO for Truworths, through to the great half-year results posted by Mr. Price a few days ago…..
Specifics to be discussed:
- Mr. Price great performance
- The industries very different expectation of Mr. price just under a year ago
- Truworths appointing a new international CEO
- The impact of store cards vs. cash on the fashion retail sector in SA
- How this is shaping the profitability of SA fashion retailers
- And what the retailers need to do to win the fashion retail stakes in SA
Craig Page-Lee is the MD of Posterscope – SA’s leading Out Of Home specialists. He is passionate about retail and has a background in design and architecture and one day dreams of heading off on a world adventure on his motor-cycle.
- Saving for the future of your people | #eBizWires - February 25, 2020
- Brand Longevity done right: Lady BlackSmith Mambazo | #eBizInsights | Thuso Mmotlana - February 25, 2020
- The evolution of Mobile | #eBizInsights |Simba Hozo - February 24, 2020
- Resignations that can be challenged | #eBizInsights - February 24, 2020
- Reporting strategy – measuring its success| #eBizInsights | Kate McFarlane - February 24, 2020
- Maximising brand visibility | #eBizInsights - February 24, 2020
- dormakaba backs Mastering SAP Conference | #eBizWires - February 24, 2020
- Private equity fund takes the lead at transformative 4IR start-ups | #eBizEntrepreneur | Brett Dawson | Podcast - February 18, 2020
- Streaming content in 2020; the RSA context | #eBizInsights | Richard Lord | Podcast - February 14, 2020
- Search Engines prioritise user experiences in 2020 | #eBizInsights | Marcus Matsi - February 13, 2020