It’s that time of the year when we know that the majority of consumer spend will be in the lower ticket price items (not yachts, houses or cars).
We know that consumers will be flocking to fashion retailers across the country to spend their hard earned salaries – or bonuses – on clothing and apparel as Christmas gifts and to meet seasonal style changes.
There has been a lot of press coverage across the retail sector the past two weeks, from the announcement of a new CEO for Truworths, through to the great half-year results posted by Mr. Price a few days ago…..
Specifics to be discussed:
- Mr. Price great performance
- The industries very different expectation of Mr. price just under a year ago
- Truworths appointing a new international CEO
- The impact of store cards vs. cash on the fashion retail sector in SA
- How this is shaping the profitability of SA fashion retailers
- And what the retailers need to do to win the fashion retail stakes in SA
Craig Page-Lee is the MD of Posterscope – SA’s leading Out Of Home specialists. He is passionate about retail and has a background in design and architecture and one day dreams of heading off on a world adventure on his motor-cycle.
- Wellness initiatives essential for company growth | #eBizWires - March 19, 2019
- Firstwatch supports Entrepreneurial growth for the betterment of all | - March 19, 2019
- If innovation has no purpose then is it innovative? Thought Leadership Digibate - March 15, 2019
- Cloud evolution does not mean demise of IaaS | #eBizInsights - March 15, 2019
- Team dormakaba targets consecutive African Ladies’ Jersey at Cape Epic | #eBizWires - March 15, 2019
- Simplify FAIS Fit & get proper Compliance | #eBizWires - March 15, 2019
- Data management essential for property sector | #eBizWires | Kate McFarlene - March 14, 2019
- AI revolutionises HR | #eBizWires | Rousseau Kluever - March 13, 2019
- Introducing the modern, flexible, multifaceted workplace | #eBizWires | Bernadette Froelich - March 13, 2019
- Changing the way in which we teach and learn in SA Schools – Official launch of School Radio - March 11, 2019