Dentsu Aegis Network today announced that it has acquired a majority stake in Crimson Room Communications, one of South Africa’s leading experiential marketing and promotions agencies which delivers market-leading, creative below-the-line solutions.
Established in 2005 by Philippa Viljoen, Crimson Room Communications offers a range of experiential marketing services from strategy development and concept ideation, events management, promotions, public relations and brand activation to execution of the brand experience across a multitude of consumer touch points. Crimson Room Communications prides itself in delivering top quality service and creativity without compromise.
In line with Dentsu Aegis Network’s ongoing investment into the African market, Crimson Room Communications will over time be integrated into Posterscope, establishing psLIVE in South Africa. Crimson Room Communications will continue to be led by founder Philippa Viljoen, whose expertise has seen this company’s success and expansion grow year on year.
Dawn Rowlands, CEO Dentsu Aegis Network Sub-Saharan Africa said: “Dentsu Aegis Network is fully focused on growing psLIVE globally so we are thrilled to have the opportunity to acquire Crimson Room as it will further enhance psLIVE and our ambition of Innovating the way brands are built for our clients.”
Philippa Viljoen, Owner of Crimson Room Communications, said: “I am excited about what we can achieve together and for the fantastic opportunities ahead for both our clients and employees. Our partnership will allow us to provide a broader product offering to our clients and leverage global best practice.
“Crimson Room will continue to serve its clients with the commitment to integrity and excellence that has been built over the years and now with the support and drive of a global partner. We are committed to building on our best-in-class experiential solutions to create the most compelling and comprehensive offering for both current and new customers. I look to the future with great optimism.”
Craig Page-Lee, Group Managing Director Posterscope Sub-Saharan African said: “Crimson Room is an excellent strategic fit with Posterscope’s South African business as we continue to drive the specialist nature of the Out-of-Home, which includes ambient and experiential advertising as well as shopper marketing. Adding this strong proposition to our business will ensure that we provide clients with an end-to-end, one-stop solution to their entire BTL requirements, or in other words, allows our clients to own the entire consumer journey across a multitude of touch points when consumers are out-of-home. I am excited at the prospect of engaging the market with the amazing Crimson Room team as we seek out new opportunities.”
- Private equity fund takes the lead at transformative 4IR start-ups | #eBizEntrepreneur | Brett Dawson | Podcast - February 18, 2020
- Streaming content in 2020; the RSA context | #eBizInsights | Richard Lord | Podcast - February 14, 2020
- Search Engines prioritise user experiences in 2020 | #eBizInsights | Marcus Matsi - February 13, 2020
- Hive Digital Media’s Spectrum Roadshow| #eBizWires - February 13, 2020
- 2020 : The most important SONA since 1994 | #ebizradio #Opinion | Mike Abel - February 13, 2020
- Smoking in the Workplace: 21st Century edition | #eBizInisghts | Nicol Myburgh | Podcast - February 12, 2020
- iOCO achieves AWS End User Computing Competency status | #eBizInsights | Podcast | Richard Vester - February 6, 2020
- New examples of Customer-experience innovation with Dentsu Aegis| #eBizWires - February 6, 2020
- How Blockchain Technology Can Change Financial Management In Africa | #eBizInsights - February 6, 2020
- Spectrum: South Africa’s own innovative local video streaming platform | #eBizWires - February 5, 2020