Banks globally are strategically repositioning their business with a new view on growth – growth in the new world order means adopting new technologies and applying a concept of banking of the future. In fact, banking of the future is not banking as we know it. Banking of the future is taking a shape as remodelled a financial services industry providing more varied offerings to customers. Strategically, the view is to shift from a product centred view to a customer centred view. This shift is largely due to the crucial role the banks played in orchestrating the global market collapse of 2008. For the first time, customers and consumers were handed a first-hand peek and experience into the greediness of banks and also altered the view of banking as a trusted institution. Consumer trust was broken.
Dion Chang in conversation with BizRadio’s Grant Jansen
Podcast | Click HERE to listen
The financial services industry is now revisiting the importance of service, personal interactions and regaining consumer trust. In an effort to regain that trust, this industry is evidencing a proliferation of new services such as online payment, social banking and new business models. Now more than ever, the financial services industry will be driven to innovate and serve the customer with the greatest depth and value possible.
- Streaming content in 2020; the RSA context | #eBizInsights | Richard Lord | Podcast - February 14, 2020
- Search Engines prioritise user experiences in 2020 | #eBizInsights | Marcus Matsi - February 13, 2020
- Hive Digital Media’s Spectrum Roadshow| #eBizWires - February 13, 2020
- 2020 : The most important SONA since 1994 | #ebizradio #Opinion | Mike Abel - February 13, 2020
- Smoking in the Workplace: 21st Century edition | #eBizInisghts | Nicol Myburgh | Podcast - February 12, 2020
- iOCO achieves AWS End User Computing Competency status | #eBizInsights | Podcast | Richard Vester - February 6, 2020
- New examples of Customer-experience innovation with Dentsu Aegis| #eBizWires - February 6, 2020
- How Blockchain Technology Can Change Financial Management In Africa | #eBizInsights - February 6, 2020
- Spectrum: South Africa’s own innovative local video streaming platform | #eBizWires - February 5, 2020
- Choice, mobility, convenience drive customer experience | #eBizWires | Joshua Salani - February 5, 2020