On this edition of #eBizWires, Nick Snow chats to Justin Keevy from the Carmague Incurance group about Data Protection and Cyber Crime from a African perspective…
As data becomes more useful and technology more accessible, so the need to protect these information highways -both on a personal level and a professional one- increases…. Data loss can be a major blow to businesses as can be the corruption of Hardware and Software by viruses.
Another point of discussion was how the nature of the attacks have changed as more and more people access the internet via Mobile Phones.
Senior Underwriter Commercial and Cyber Crime Division, Justin Keevy has a commerce degree, as well as his Honours in Insurance and Risk Management; and is currently finishing off a Master of Management degree in Entrepreneurship and New Venture Creation at Wits Business School.
He joined the Camargue Commercial Crime Insurance division in 2011 as an underwriter. Passionate about the insurance industry, he has made a positive contribution to the overall performance of the Group in the relatively short time he has been there.
Totally invested in the industry, he believes there is an inherent skills shortage in the world of insurance and would like to see more associated courses being offered at tertiary institutions: this to facilitate the entry of more graduates and skilled personnel to the industry.
- Are you feeling overwhelmed by ONLINE SELLING? | Shelley Walters |#Sales |#Podcast - October 21, 2020
- Reverse Engineering Agency FTE Models |#LetsTalkDigital | #AudreyNaidoo |#Podcast | Shaneel Singh | MediaCom | Julian Mountain | GroupM - October 21, 2020
- COVID, a key catalyst for collective philanthropy |#PayItForward |#IPASA - October 20, 2020
- Do you have the mental endurance to do this thing called life and business |#LTC | #KevinBritz | Cobus Visser |#Coaching |#Podcast |#ebizradio - October 20, 2020
- Syncrony’s GreenLine adds trust to the bottom line | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020
- CORONAVIRUS: COMPLACENCY IS SOUTH AFRICA’S BIGGEST CHALLENGE | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020
- Parenting digitally connected children |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth | Dean McCoubrey |#digital |#ebizradio - October 19, 2020
- From a truck helper to the head of Sales |#LTL |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Romeo Langenhoven | #Leadership | Coca Cola South Africa |#Podcast - October 19, 2020
- Hussling on the side: How Moonlighting became the new normal | #eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker | Podcast - October 19, 2020
- Unpacking Data Skills and Literacy from a RSA context | #eBizInsights| Alan Browning of Atvance Intellect |Podcast - October 19, 2020