On this edition of #eBizWires, Nick Snow chats to Justin Keevy from the Carmague Incurance group about Data Protection and Cyber Crime from a African perspective…
As data becomes more useful and technology more accessible, so the need to protect these information highways -both on a personal level and a professional one- increases…. Data loss can be a major blow to businesses as can be the corruption of Hardware and Software by viruses.
Another point of discussion was how the nature of the attacks have changed as more and more people access the internet via Mobile Phones.
Senior Underwriter Commercial and Cyber Crime Division, Justin Keevy has a commerce degree, as well as his Honours in Insurance and Risk Management; and is currently finishing off a Master of Management degree in Entrepreneurship and New Venture Creation at Wits Business School.
He joined the Camargue Commercial Crime Insurance division in 2011 as an underwriter. Passionate about the insurance industry, he has made a positive contribution to the overall performance of the Group in the relatively short time he has been there.
Totally invested in the industry, he believes there is an inherent skills shortage in the world of insurance and would like to see more associated courses being offered at tertiary institutions: this to facilitate the entry of more graduates and skilled personnel to the industry.
- Its more than gender based violence – it’s a complete collapse of our moral fibre and care for our fellow man|#PayItForward |#Ingrid von Stein - September 13, 2019
- Your own free Trade Mark search |#Insights |#IP Braai - September 13, 2019
- The MediaShop dominates MOST Awards! - September 11, 2019
- Are you Emotional Intelligent in your work place? |#Insight Trends |# Losego Motshele - September 11, 2019
- Reaching the base of the pyramid consumer has to be highly relevant|#Marketing Insights |#Lorraine Gwewera - September 11, 2019
- As entrepreneurs and business managers we are expected to speak in front of people – here are a few tips |#Insight |#Howard Feldman - September 10, 2019
- Making the transition to Dynamics 365 - September 10, 2019
- Why are many BPC Embedded projects unsuccessful? |#Technology |#Trends |#B2B |#Emiliyan Tanev - September 10, 2019
- South Africa’s gaming industry is expected to bring in revenue to the tune of R3.6 billion by the end of the year – but where are the non-gaming advertisers? |#Marketing |#Insights - September 10, 2019
- Dormakaba cycling ambassador programme grows MTB in SA |#PayItForward - September 10, 2019