On this edition of #eBizWires, Nick Snow chats to Justin Keevy from the Carmague Incurance group about Data Protection and Cyber Crime from a African perspective…
As data becomes more useful and technology more accessible, so the need to protect these information highways -both on a personal level and a professional one- increases…. Data loss can be a major blow to businesses as can be the corruption of Hardware and Software by viruses.
Another point of discussion was how the nature of the attacks have changed as more and more people access the internet via Mobile Phones.
Senior Underwriter Commercial and Cyber Crime Division, Justin Keevy has a commerce degree, as well as his Honours in Insurance and Risk Management; and is currently finishing off a Master of Management degree in Entrepreneurship and New Venture Creation at Wits Business School.
He joined the Camargue Commercial Crime Insurance division in 2011 as an underwriter. Passionate about the insurance industry, he has made a positive contribution to the overall performance of the Group in the relatively short time he has been there.
Totally invested in the industry, he believes there is an inherent skills shortage in the world of insurance and would like to see more associated courses being offered at tertiary institutions: this to facilitate the entry of more graduates and skilled personnel to the industry.
- At a time of Lockdown, Online Media offers new opportunities | #eBizInsights| Ursula McDonald | Podcast - March 26, 2020
- A forced stop! Now what? | #eBizInsights | Howard Feldman - March 26, 2020
- What you need to know before buying a second hand car #Insight |#Kriben Reddy |#TransUnion | Podcast - March 24, 2020
- A guide to working from home | # eBizInsights | #eBizHealth | Devan Moonsamy - March 23, 2020
- The Marijuana economy is here| #eBizInsights | Stephen Smith and David Anderson - March 18, 2020
- Health and Finance |#eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker | Podcast - March 18, 2020
- A time of great disruption is upon us all – Digital audio’s time is now! |#Insight |#Nic von Stein - March 17, 2020
- COVID-19 and its potential effect on media in SA|#eBizWires | - March 17, 2020
- Rapid Data — Fast decision-making with the right data at the right time | # eBizInsights | Tom Wells - March 16, 2020
- Remote working during Covid-19 pandemic a reality with free software offer | #EbizWires - March 16, 2020