Specialist security distributor, Credence Security (previously African Risk Mitigation) and NetClean, a provider of intelligence solutions to detect, block and analyse digital media to create a safer society, have announced an initiative in which 5% of sales of the NetClean products will be donated to Childline Gauteng. The company’s first deposit to Childline was made earlier this year, with more to follow.
Childline is an effective non-profit organisation that works collectively to protect children from all forms of violence and to create a culture of children’s rights in South Africa.
Lauren Wain, General Manager of Credence Security, says NetClean is the leading developer of technical solutions to fight child sexual abuse material, and its solutions are being used worldwide by multinational companies, government agencies, Internet service providers and law enforcement professionals, to fight the scourge of child abuse.
“We could think of no better recipient than Childline. The organisation provides a toll-free 24/7 crisis telephone line service (08000 55555) that deals with hundreds of queries from children and adults, and deals with a wide variety of issues and problems.”
In addition, she says Childline is actively involved in engaging with young South Africans, in the light of the ever growing use and popularity of the Internet. “The organisation deals with children and families who are vulnerable and affected by abuse, neglect and exploitation, and we feel there is huge synergy between NetClean and Childline’s aims.”
NetClean is an expert in the prevention of online child sex abuse. The company collaborates with the foremost research institutes and universities and partners with leading international technology companies, such as Microsoft and McAfee.
It partners with several non-profit organisations including the World Childhood Foundation, Ecpat and the Internet Watch Foundation. “The goal is the same, to make a difference and protect the world’s children,” says Wain.
Contributions from Credence Security will directly enable Childline Gauteng to maintain its services. “The Childline Toll free number currently receives approximately 20 000 to 40 000 calls per month. It handles issues such as abuse, child sexual abuse images, abandonment, HIV, depression, attempted suicide, to name but a few. Childline is driven to bring hope to the future generation of South African by lending a hand to any child or young person in need. We are thrilled to be able to contribute in a small part to this,” Wain concludes.
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How is AI going to affect both Business and the Advertising landscapes? | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How do youth actually consume content? | #Entrepreneur | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Khathutshelo Bapela | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021
- Since SA has have moved to level 1 lock-down, what effect is this having on the markets? | #Insights | #Trading | Zihad Israel | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021
- Behind the scenes with a Theater Producer | #BusinessBrunch | #Insight | Björn Salsone | Bernard Jay | #Pantomime | #Podcast #ebizradio - October 12, 2021
- Now is the time to make money in this market | #Insight | #Money | Daniel Kibel | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 11, 2021
- How Trade Specialisation might make you a rich Forex trader | #Insights | Finance | Tope Ijibadejo | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 8, 2021
- Who are and why are these South Africa’s brands ranked the most valuable? | #Marketing | #Insight | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee - October 7, 2021
- Ubuntu is the spirit of wealth | Investing in YOUR people | #Insight | Nelisiwe Massabgo | #ebizradio - October 7, 2021
- THE NEW REASON TO GET UP FOR WORK IN THE MORNING – Becoming a future-fit employer in a Pandemic | #Business | #Insight | Sibongile Bobo Mngxali | Roche Diagnostics | #ebizradio - October 6, 2021