In today’s ever changing software development landscape, people are adopting ways in which to decrease development costs and increase output in a shorter period with richer functionality. These factors have resulted in a lot of companies focusing on building frameworks and shifting from the traditional development approach to model driven development, where software developers are used for the complex behind the scenes work and business is empowered to build IT solutions through the use of their skills from a business process modelling perspective. Model Driven Development allows analysts to build and deploy systems without deep technical knowledge but still under the guidance of an architect.
Podcast | Click HERE to listen
— Craig Neill (@craigneill) October 1, 2012
DVT, one of South Africa’s leading software houses, has appointed Hardy Jonck to head its Mendix business unit.
Jonck, who has almost 20 years of software industry experience, ranging from war games development for the South African military to asset management systems for utilities, will be responsible for promoting Mendix’s Agile Business Platform and related application life cycle management services.
“The ability to solve business problems far more rapidly while also gaining flexibility and versatility, and the resultant impact on revenue streams, is driving the widespread adoption of agile and model-driven development,” says Jonck. “We’re enabling businesses to generate profits on their terms with systems that can be changed as required.”
Pioneered in Cape Town in 1999, with a strong national presence, DVT is black empowered and provides tailor-made software solutions. Our practical business services include .Net and Java software development, Scrum and Agile teams, Mendix software solutions, specialised professional services, business analysis, project management, business process management, contract resourcing and provisioning, recruitment and specialist software consultancy.
Our clients are large and medium sized organisations who demand reliable and predictable delivery. We work across sectors as professional delivery specialists, but retain specific industry knowledge within various vertical domains. Our dynamic, experienced teams have executed more than 1000 professional assignments since inception in 1999.
DVT has offices in Cape Town, Johannesburg and India.
Join Chris Kolbe every weekday morning from 9 to 11am for the Daily Biz on Biz Radio. Stay in touch with Chris at @Biz_Radio on twitter, Biz_radio on Skype, studio BBM 279DF0DD and [email protected] to mail him.
- iOCO achieves 100 AWS certifications | #eBizWires - November 26, 2020
- Gentlemen please LOVE YOUR NUTS | #LTM |#KevinBritz |#BjornSalsone | Torsten Koehler |#marketing |#podcast |#ebizradio - November 26, 2020
- A cash register and office day-care in the 1800’s – What does this have to do with selling today? |#Sales |#ShelleyWalters |#Salesenablement |#Podcast |#ebizradio - November 25, 2020
- Bottles – an on demand alcohol delivery service |#Letstalkdigital | Audrey Naidoo | Enrico Ferigoli | Vincent Viviers |#Digital | Pick n Pay |#Podcast |#ebizradio - November 25, 2020
- Education institutions band together to slash prices for #BlackFriday |#PayItForward | The Knowledge Trust - November 24, 2020
- What is motivational leadership? |#LTL |#Leadership |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Dan Davis |#Penbev | #Cocacola - November 23, 2020
- Sexual harrasement is NOT ACCEPTABLE – Call it out! |#LTS |#kevinbritz |#laurenbritz | Lunch Time Stories | #Podcast |#ebizradio - November 20, 2020
- Doctors make the worst patients | Male breast cancer and business |#LTM |#kevinbrtiz |#bjornsalsone | Dr Carel Piet van Eeden|#Marketing |#Podcast - November 19, 2020
- Are you the next The MediaShop Johannesburg MD? |#eBizWires - November 18, 2020
- Work from home has fundamentally redefined the eight-hour workday | #eBizInsights | Richard Firth - November 18, 2020