In April 2013, Craig Neill embarked on a 3000km solo motorcycle road trip from Cape Town, South Africa to Sossusvlei in Namibia, routing via Ais-Ais and the Fish River Canyon. But what made this 6 day on and offroad trip so special and technology wise, so unique? Was it his state of mind, or his desire to be alone and one with nature?
With nobody as backup, no crew, and limited cellular reception, Craig embarked on this lone adventure and documented the entire trip, in HD ,using a GoPro Hero 3 black edition camera and a Sony handycam. Most people do not set out with the intention to never touch electricity, be self reliant for a 6 days with food, water, batteries, memory and at the same time shoot and document the experience doing a “lone” bike trip. But Craig being a mad biker, decided to do this and put himself in areas where one mistake could have detrimental consequences.
With limited packing space, Craig managed to miraculously pack a variety of technology components in his various hard luggage cases: an iPhone4, Samsung Note 2, iPad3, Solar Charger, PowerMonkey battery pack, mini-cigarette lighter 3 way converter, Bluetooth headphones, a Garmin Zumo 550 GPS, a garmin spare charger, an extension lead (just in case), a 4 way USB charger, GoPro Hero 3, spare battery, fittings and fixtures, mini tripod, Sony HD handycam, tyre pressure monitor and other items. This is in addition to carrying food, rain coats, shoes, clothes, a tent, sleeping bag, a mattress, gas cooking facilities, crockery and cutlery, a cooler box, a chair, a 5L jerry can of 95 octane, a medical kit as well as his pillow! Indeed, a miracle in itself.
Join Craig on this once off 25 min road to self discovery where biker meets nature, and nature throws a couple of curve balls his way. An entertaining, self-made documentary, showing just how far technology has gone, and just how much an individual can accomplish on their own, out in the wild.
- Going Digital against #GBV | MIP partners with TEARS Foundation | Richard Firth | Mara Glennie | #Digital | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- Firstwatch announces 2021 initiative to support entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #PayItForward | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- See me, Understand me, Learn with me | #Insight | #Education | The Montessori model enters your home | Madeline Hoban | InHome Montessori - October 19, 2021
- Is your business ready for the new frontier of hybrid working | Business Brunch with Björn | #Entrepreneur | #Technology | Craig Johnson | NSN.CO.ZA - October 19, 2021
- Abundance is not what’s in your wallet | #Insight | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- How important is Employer Branding to you and your business? | #Insight | #HR | Pabi Mogosetsi | UNIVERSUM | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How is AI going to affect both Business and the Advertising landscapes? | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How do youth actually consume content? | #Entrepreneur | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Khathutshelo Bapela | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021
- Since SA has have moved to level 1 lock-down, what effect is this having on the markets? | #Insights | #Trading | Zihad Israel | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021