In April 2013, Craig Neill embarked on a 3000km solo motorcycle road trip from Cape Town, South Africa to Sossusvlei in Namibia, routing via Ais-Ais and the Fish River Canyon. But what made this 6 day on and offroad trip so special and technology wise, so unique? Was it his state of mind, or his desire to be alone and one with nature?
With nobody as backup, no crew, and limited cellular reception, Craig embarked on this lone adventure and documented the entire trip, in HD ,using a GoPro Hero 3 black edition camera and a Sony handycam. Most people do not set out with the intention to never touch electricity, be self reliant for a 6 days with food, water, batteries, memory and at the same time shoot and document the experience doing a “lone” bike trip. But Craig being a mad biker, decided to do this and put himself in areas where one mistake could have detrimental consequences.
With limited packing space, Craig managed to miraculously pack a variety of technology components in his various hard luggage cases: an iPhone4, Samsung Note 2, iPad3, Solar Charger, PowerMonkey battery pack, mini-cigarette lighter 3 way converter, Bluetooth headphones, a Garmin Zumo 550 GPS, a garmin spare charger, an extension lead (just in case), a 4 way USB charger, GoPro Hero 3, spare battery, fittings and fixtures, mini tripod, Sony HD handycam, tyre pressure monitor and other items. This is in addition to carrying food, rain coats, shoes, clothes, a tent, sleeping bag, a mattress, gas cooking facilities, crockery and cutlery, a cooler box, a chair, a 5L jerry can of 95 octane, a medical kit as well as his pillow! Indeed, a miracle in itself.
Join Craig on this once off 25 min road to self discovery where biker meets nature, and nature throws a couple of curve balls his way. An entertaining, self-made documentary, showing just how far technology has gone, and just how much an individual can accomplish on their own, out in the wild.
- The world of digital media is set to change | #eBizInsights | Jarred Mailer-Lyons - March 30, 2020
- It’s collaboration time for Online Radio |#Insights |#Ingrid von Stein - March 30, 2020
- At a time of Lockdown, Online Media offers new opportunities | #eBizInsights| Ursula McDonald | Podcast - March 26, 2020
- A forced stop! Now what? | #eBizInsights | Howard Feldman - March 26, 2020
- What you need to know before buying a second hand car #Insight |#Kriben Reddy |#TransUnion | Podcast - March 24, 2020
- A guide to working from home | # eBizInsights | #eBizHealth | Devan Moonsamy - March 23, 2020
- The Marijuana economy is here| #eBizInsights | Stephen Smith and David Anderson - March 18, 2020
- Health and Finance |#eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker | Podcast - March 18, 2020
- A time of great disruption is upon us all – Digital audio’s time is now! |#Insight |#Nic von Stein - March 17, 2020
- COVID-19 and its potential effect on media in SA|#eBizWires | - March 17, 2020