In April 2013, Craig Neill embarked on a 3000km solo motorcycle road trip from Cape Town, South Africa to Sossusvlei in Namibia, routing via Ais-Ais and the Fish River Canyon. But what made this 6 day on and offroad trip so special and technology wise, so unique? Was it his state of mind, or his desire to be alone and one with nature?
With nobody as backup, no crew, and limited cellular reception, Craig embarked on this lone adventure and documented the entire trip, in HD ,using a GoPro Hero 3 black edition camera and a Sony handycam. Most people do not set out with the intention to never touch electricity, be self reliant for a 6 days with food, water, batteries, memory and at the same time shoot and document the experience doing a “lone” bike trip. But Craig being a mad biker, decided to do this and put himself in areas where one mistake could have detrimental consequences.
With limited packing space, Craig managed to miraculously pack a variety of technology components in his various hard luggage cases: an iPhone4, Samsung Note 2, iPad3, Solar Charger, PowerMonkey battery pack, mini-cigarette lighter 3 way converter, Bluetooth headphones, a Garmin Zumo 550 GPS, a garmin spare charger, an extension lead (just in case), a 4 way USB charger, GoPro Hero 3, spare battery, fittings and fixtures, mini tripod, Sony HD handycam, tyre pressure monitor and other items. This is in addition to carrying food, rain coats, shoes, clothes, a tent, sleeping bag, a mattress, gas cooking facilities, crockery and cutlery, a cooler box, a chair, a 5L jerry can of 95 octane, a medical kit as well as his pillow! Indeed, a miracle in itself.
Join Craig on this once off 25 min road to self discovery where biker meets nature, and nature throws a couple of curve balls his way. An entertaining, self-made documentary, showing just how far technology has gone, and just how much an individual can accomplish on their own, out in the wild.
- Assets and Wealth; Understanding the difference | #eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker - January 23, 2020
- How South Africa’s People and Business are adapting (or not adapting) to the evolving GIG economy | #eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker - January 22, 2020
- Social Media Trends for 2020 |#eBizWires | - January 22, 2020
- Africa is championing the flexible workspace revolution | #eBizInsights - January 21, 2020
- SAB READIES TO WIND UP R14-BILLION B-BBEE SCHEME IN VALUE AT MATURITY - January 17, 2020
- The intelligent utility of the future | #eBizInsights | Dr. Cathy Pickering - January 14, 2020
- Employee Wellbeing going into the new decade | #eBizInsights - January 14, 2020
- From street corner to corner office|#eBizWires | Fredrick Ochieng - January 14, 2020
- Post-Matric Packing List for Life | #eBizInsights | Howard Feldman - January 14, 2020
- Welcome to the era of containers | #eBizWires? Muggie van Stadden - January 14, 2020