In honour of Nelson Mandela Day, the annual 67 Logos Designathon is set to take place again this year, this time hosted by Over The Rainbow. As with last year’s event, this year the initiative will be taking place online on Friday, 16 July 2021. The 67 Logos Designathon was inspired by Nelson Mandela’s belief in making a positive change in the world by using your actions to have a strong and lasting impact. The aim is to empower and help give entrepreneurs and small businesses the boost that they need, especially during these difficult times by giving participating small businesses free logos and other business support. And this is the last call!
Over The Rainbow is calling upon small businesses and entrepreneurs to become part of the 2021 67 Logos Designathon. This is an amazing initiative where designers come together across the country to design a uniquely crafted logo for small businesses that need to stand out and be seen, especially during this time. All that SMEs need to do is enter to be matched with a designer and designers are invited to volunteer their time towards this worthy cause.
“We are currently living through unprecedented times and to survive, entrepreneurs and small businesses are having to transform and adapt to change. Now more than ever is the perfect time to show up for them by helping them be seen. A logo gives a business a purpose, an identity as well as an opportunity to stand out. Also, by giving a designer a platform to showcase their creativity and talent, we help create new business opportunities for them,” says Lesley Waterkeyn, brainchild behind the initiative, Founder and Executive Director at Over The Rainbow.
Designers will be selected and matched with small businesses based on their passions, experiences and profiles. Once they have applied, designers will receive a brief via email and will then liaise directly with their matched businesses so that they can start working on the logos in their own time. All the logos will have to be submitted by midnight on the Thursday 15 July.
Based on the survey results, of all the businesses that have been part of this amazing initiative, eighty six percent are still using the logos that were designed for them, ninety one percent are still in business, seventy two percent had an increase in revenue for the past financial year and sixty six percent have employed staff and have grown their team.
“This initiative brings HOPE and delivers value to 67 deserving SME’s who will be able to compete more effectively and create a strong and impactful first impression of their businesses. A logo is the foundation for a brand identity and a well-designed logo adds positive and impactive change to their business.” says Dawn Nathan-Jones, CEO of Over the Rainbow.
Other partners for this year’s 67 Logos Designathon include:
- First Technology has also signed up to support the entrepreneurs with a R 20 000,00 sponsorship. This money will go towards supporting three small businesses with training and mentorship.
- iLearn which is offering a Hosted Learnership Solution set to empowers and equips black-owned businesses with the skills and knowledge needed to create wealth in the global economy and build sustainable and thriving businesses.
- CWDi which will be contributing to this year’s Designathon by committing logos towards the campaign.
- Havas Advertising which will also be supporting the initiative this year by committing 67 pay-off lines to the 67 small businesses taking part in the initiative.
To become part of this year’s 67Logos Designathon, visit: https://overtherainbow.co.za/67-logos/ Entries close TODAY 2021.
- Why are consumers encouraged to save even in these tough times? | #Money |#Insight | #FSCAMyMoney | Lyndwill Clarke | #ebizradio | FSCA - July 23, 2021
- Beware of them COOKIES! | #LunchtimeMarketing | #LTM | Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - July 22, 2021
- Jou reputasie maak saak! | #DieBesigheidsKombuis | Naomi Basson | Regine le Roux | Reputation Matters | #ebizradio | #Podcast - July 22, 2021
- Renewed focus on People | Human Resources | #Management | Candice Neumann | 21st Century | #ebizradio | #Trend - July 21, 2021
- Knowing your value and worth | #ChangeConversationsWithMpume | Busi Selesho | Mpume Ncube-Daka | #Insight | #ebizradio | #Podcast - July 21, 2021
- Managing your business reputation | #Insight | Regine le Roux | Reputation Matters | Ingrid von Stein | #Podcast | #ebizradio - July 21, 2021
- Soft Fascination whilst in a holding pattern | #Trends | Dion Chang | Flux Trends | #Podcast | #ebizradio - July 21, 2021
- Who can we trust with our planet? | #Opinion | Burt Rodrigues | BIODX | #Sustainability | #ebizradio - July 21, 2021
- The rise and rise of the all-in-one lifestyle app | #Technology | Arthur Goldstuck | Ingrid von Stein | Gadget.co.za | #Podcast - July 20, 2021
- It’s okay to not be okay | #OneEyedMan | Mike Stopforth | Bridget McNulty | Podcast | #Insight | #ebizradio - July 20, 2021