Living and Loving is to be repositioned exclusively as an onlineparenting information portal but through its digital platform will still provide selected areas of its quality content in print through a bumper parenting section entitled Smart Parent which will be incorporated into Your Family. These changes will come into effect from October this year with the September issue of Living and Loving being the final print edition to go on sale.
Living and Loving magazine has, for nearly half a century and 588 issues, been regarded as South Africa’s most-loved parenting magazine, having provided generations of moms and dads with trusted advice on pregnancy, birth, and raising children from new born to five on a monthly basis. This service to readers will continue but will be more frequently updated and be at reader’s finger tips all the time
Editor Sonya Naude says: “In the last two years, our online audience has grown from strength to strength while, in line with international trends, print sales continued to shrink. Our audience is still interacting with us, but they’re doing it online on www.livingandloving.co.za and through our social media channels. We understand that consumer media consumption habits are changing and we’re adapting with them.”
A core Living and Loving team made up of its editor Sonya Naude and digital editor Xanet Scheepers, will continue to source and produce content in line with what ‘parennials’ (a new generation of Millennial moms and dads) want and need i.e. convenient and accessible information that is reliable and trustworthy.
Addingcredence to its decision to embrace the digital modelis the news that Living and Loving has just been voted the number one ‘SA Kids and Parenting Blogs, Websites and Newsletters’. Selections were based on Google reputation and search ranking; influence on social media sites; and quality and consistency of posts by the Feedspot Blog Reader editorial team and expert reviews.
Smart Parent, available in a new look Your Family magazine from October, will deal with parenting concerns that affect children at different ages and stages. This special 16-page section will have its own cover, printed on a thicker paper stock for easy access, and will have an interesting mix of news and features that relate to babies, toddlers, pre-schoolers, tweens and teens. The section will also include a kiddies’ fashion feature.
Your Family editor Janine Collins adds: “This is an exciting opportunity for Your Family to extend its subject matter to include content that appeals to next-generation families with a wider age range of children and for advertisers to reach a larger, parenting-aligned readership in print. We’re optimistic about the brand’s future in this new format.”
Caxton Magazines DNA
Storytelling is our business. Content is our currency. Caxton Magazines is a division of Caxton CTP Printers & Publishers and houses 12 brands in print and digital formats, primarily aimed at the women’s lifestyle segment across life stages, lifestyles and income groups. These brands are: Vrouekeur; Woman & Home; Bona; Living & Loving; People; Food & Home Entertaining; Your Family; Garden & Home; Farmer’s Weekly; Essentials; Rooi Rose and SA Country Life.
- Private equity fund takes the lead at transformative 4IR start-ups | #eBizEntrepreneur | Brett Dawson | Podcast - February 18, 2020
- Streaming content in 2020; the RSA context | #eBizInsights | Richard Lord | Podcast - February 14, 2020
- Search Engines prioritise user experiences in 2020 | #eBizInsights | Marcus Matsi - February 13, 2020
- Hive Digital Media’s Spectrum Roadshow| #eBizWires - February 13, 2020
- 2020 : The most important SONA since 1994 | #ebizradio #Opinion | Mike Abel - February 13, 2020
- Smoking in the Workplace: 21st Century edition | #eBizInisghts | Nicol Myburgh | Podcast - February 12, 2020
- iOCO achieves AWS End User Computing Competency status | #eBizInsights | Podcast | Richard Vester - February 6, 2020
- New examples of Customer-experience innovation with Dentsu Aegis| #eBizWires - February 6, 2020
- How Blockchain Technology Can Change Financial Management In Africa | #eBizInsights - February 6, 2020
- Spectrum: South Africa’s own innovative local video streaming platform | #eBizWires - February 5, 2020