It is a sad fact that the majority of South Africans have little to no savings, and mountains of debt.
Max Moyo- of IgniteMyPotential-, who will be a speaker at the upcoming SA Business Excellence Forum, has a simple response to people who are struggling with debt. “If you are broke you are broke because you don’t know who you are,” he maintains.
According to Moyo, as a society, we need to get back to the African Village wealth model. He says that this is an investment model based on the 7 Key Principles of Investments.
“These principles are timeless, boundary-less and transcend race, gender and nationality,” says Moyo. “If followed systematically, they will produce a generation of wealth. Every village from time immemorial used them. Over time we have lost these ideas and we now find ourselves in debt and depending on the state for retirement.”
Some of the basic principles include becoming knowledgeable about investing and finance, and grasping the power of compounding.
A key step, according to Moyo, is also becoming aware of your identity.
“Every person is born with a unique Identity (ID) or Irresistible Difference,” he adds. “That has a direct impact on how much money we make and how we spend. If you are clear about your Identity, you know what you’re good at. If you don’t know who you are you will spend your money trying to buy Identity. That’s why people buy things they cannot afford.”
According to Moyo, knowing your Identity leads to knowing and harnessing your unique talents and purpose.
“No one has ever lived a life of purpose and wanted for money,” he says.
To learn more from Max Moyo and to hear other industry experts present on the various aspects of running a successful business, book your ticket to attend the Business Excellence Forum & Awards in November 2015.
for more information or call 012 665 1015.
- Its more than gender based violence – it’s a complete collapse of our moral fibre and care for our fellow man|#PayItForward |#Ingrid von Stein - September 13, 2019
- Your own free Trade Mark search |#Insights |#IP Braai - September 13, 2019
- The MediaShop dominates MOST Awards! - September 11, 2019
- Are you Emotional Intelligent in your work place? |#Insight Trends |# Losego Motshele - September 11, 2019
- Reaching the base of the pyramid consumer has to be highly relevant|#Marketing Insights |#Lorraine Gwewera - September 11, 2019
- As entrepreneurs and business managers we are expected to speak in front of people – here are a few tips |#Insight |#Howard Feldman - September 10, 2019
- Making the transition to Dynamics 365 - September 10, 2019
- Why are many BPC Embedded projects unsuccessful? |#Technology |#Trends |#B2B |#Emiliyan Tanev - September 10, 2019
- South Africa’s gaming industry is expected to bring in revenue to the tune of R3.6 billion by the end of the year – but where are the non-gaming advertisers? |#Marketing |#Insights - September 10, 2019
- Dormakaba cycling ambassador programme grows MTB in SA |#PayItForward - September 10, 2019