Local Open Source Software supplier Obsidian Systems has partnered with specialist solutions developer Hortonworks to rollout the Apache Hadoop platform specifically designed for enterprise-level deployments.
The partnership will also expose local business enterprises to the benefits of Apache Hadoop delivered through Hortonworks Data Platform.
This platform provides an open and stable foundation for enterprises and a growing ecosystem to build and deploy big data solutions.
One of the essential value propositions the alliance offers is access to Apache Hadoop technology, a core component of a Modern Data Architecture.
This allows businesses to collect, store, analyse and manipulate massive volumes of data on their own terms – irrespective of the source of the data, how old it is, where it is stored, or under what format.
“This is hugely significant for businesses,” says Muggie van Staden, MD at Obsidian Systems. “In fiercely competitive business environments, driven by data capability and the need to leverage off scale, technology that promotes flexibility and agility around management is a major advantage.”
There are a limited number of operators with the level of expertise, product knowledge and experience to handle Apache Hadoop. There are also few operators with the capability and insight to help clients utilise this technology to the maximum and adhere to governance requirements.
Obsidian Systems is the local partner of choice for Hortonworks and the intention is to build on this partnership to help clients better manage their enterprise data. There is a definite need in the market for this level of technical service and support says van Staden.
“Data is growing exponentially, as all internationally respected research and analyst firms including IDC and Gartner have confirmed. There is a need to facilitate this growth, to effectively manage data and cover all bases including security, accessibility, storage, manipulation and economies of scale. The partnership with Hortonworks will add immediate value to the local market.”
Apache Hadoop is deeply integrated with existing systems to deliver instant results for clients wanting to streamline their big data management.
For more information, go to: http://obsidian.co.za/
- Why are we as African’s still turning a blind eye to child abuse and neglect, holding no-one accountable? - September 29, 2020
- Why is local no longer lekker? | #eBizWires | Richard Firth - September 29, 2020
- The evolution of email to emerge as a marketing power tool| #eBizWires - September 29, 2020
- New uses for Commercial Office Space| #eBizTrends | Dion Chang | Podcasts - September 28, 2020
- Why cultivating leadership is imperative to every organisation! |#LTL |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Passmore Matupire |#Podcast |#Leadership |#ebizradio - September 28, 2020
- Have you considered living and working in the USA? Reinventing yourself abroad |#LTM |#KevinBritz |#BjornSalsone |Andrea Magni |#Marketing |#Podcast - September 24, 2020
- Vator Pitch? What is it and why do you need one? |#KevinBritz |#LTC |Toyin Ademola |#Podcast |#ebizradio - September 23, 2020
- The Attention Economy and its Impact on Media |Donald Mokgale |#LetsTalkDigital |#AudreyNaidoo |#Carat - September 23, 2020
- Broke, homeless but resilient |#LTC |#KevinBritz | Heidi Poulton |#Wellness |#Podcast |#ebizradio - September 22, 2020
- Democratising Investing| #eBizInsights | Sebastian Patel| #Podcast |#FRANC - September 22, 2020