Local Open Source Software supplier Obsidian Systems has partnered with specialist solutions developer Hortonworks to rollout the Apache Hadoop platform specifically designed for enterprise-level deployments.
The partnership will also expose local business enterprises to the benefits of Apache Hadoop delivered through Hortonworks Data Platform.
This platform provides an open and stable foundation for enterprises and a growing ecosystem to build and deploy big data solutions.
One of the essential value propositions the alliance offers is access to Apache Hadoop technology, a core component of a Modern Data Architecture.
This allows businesses to collect, store, analyse and manipulate massive volumes of data on their own terms – irrespective of the source of the data, how old it is, where it is stored, or under what format.
“This is hugely significant for businesses,” says Muggie van Staden, MD at Obsidian Systems. “In fiercely competitive business environments, driven by data capability and the need to leverage off scale, technology that promotes flexibility and agility around management is a major advantage.”
There are a limited number of operators with the level of expertise, product knowledge and experience to handle Apache Hadoop. There are also few operators with the capability and insight to help clients utilise this technology to the maximum and adhere to governance requirements.
Obsidian Systems is the local partner of choice for Hortonworks and the intention is to build on this partnership to help clients better manage their enterprise data. There is a definite need in the market for this level of technical service and support says van Staden.
“Data is growing exponentially, as all internationally respected research and analyst firms including IDC and Gartner have confirmed. There is a need to facilitate this growth, to effectively manage data and cover all bases including security, accessibility, storage, manipulation and economies of scale. The partnership with Hortonworks will add immediate value to the local market.”
Apache Hadoop is deeply integrated with existing systems to deliver instant results for clients wanting to streamline their big data management.
For more information, go to: http://obsidian.co.za/
- Customizing Software for the Retail Industry more relevant than ever | #eBizInsights | Gareth Hawkey of redPanda | Podcast - June 3, 2020
- Bringing 4IR to South Africa: Telviva, an Introduction | #eBizTechnology |David Meintjes | Podcast - June 1, 2020
- Covid-19 lockdown spurs massive spike in new business account registrations online | #eBizInisghts| Jonathan Smit of Payfast |Podcast - May 29, 2020
- Insights on Data: Podcast 4 Data Literacy and Skills | #eBizInsights| Jayson O’Reilly|Podcast - May 27, 2020
- We’re facing a new way of connecting with consumers| #eBizInsights | Victor Koaho - May 27, 2020
- Types of Covid-19 tests explained| #eBizInsights | Gerald Naidoo - May 27, 2020
- The Marketing Research Foundation updates the industry| #eBizWires - May 27, 2020
- How do we get through this trauma? |#Lifestyle |#Monique Strydom| Podcast - May 22, 2020
- How to handle the unexpected news of retrenchment |#Insight |#Devan Moonsammy - May 19, 2020
- THERE IS NO RISK IN BEING DIFFERENT WHEN NOTHING IS THE SAME| #eBizInsights | Ursula McDonald & Pippa Capstick | Podcast - May 18, 2020