At Friends of Design Academy of Digital Arts, we believe world-class tertiary education should never be out of reach for those with the talent, passion and commitment to pursue their dreams. We are dedicated to supporting change in our country, driving skills development in creative fields, and creating opportunities for exceptionally talented individuals from all backgrounds, with a focus on previously disadvantaged students and employment equity.
In 2016, 38% of our full-time students were successful bursary applicants, with that number rising to almost 39% in 2017. Early bird applications for the 2019 academic year are now officially open, and we have high hopes for similarly spectacular results.
“Friends of Design is a leader in the field of Digital Arts education, and that means we have responsibilities not only towards our students, but also the industry,” says Kay Tolle, the Academy’s founder. “We have the ability to effect real change in terms of accessibility, inclusiveness and diversity, and we take our role in that area very seriously.”
Our Fund a Student campaign has already been well-received by businesses, who are embracing the chance to drive positive change, increase the number of highly-skilled graduates in their employment pool, and earn valuable B-BBEE points. (Click here for more on B-BBEE opportunities.)
It’s now up to us to ensure they have the best selection of potential beneficiaries to choose from. If you think that’s you, here’s what you need to do apply.
How to apply for a Friends of Design Bursary
Step 1: Make sure you’re passionate about a career in the digital arts. Our courses aren’t for slackers, and you’ll need to convince us that you have the skill and commitment to make it through. (A compelling cover letter and portfolio of previous work showing off your creative abilities is a good start!)
Step 2: Make sure you fulfil the entry criteria. Bursary applicants must be South African citizens and have a Matric Certificate. Preference will be given to applicants from disadvantaged backgrounds, but anyone with a talent and passion for the digital arts can apply.
Step 3: Request a bursary application form by emailing [email protected]. We’ll send you all the rest of the info you need to know.
Best of luck – we hope to see you in 2019!
Friends of Design Academy of Digital Arts is an accredited private Higher Education Institution (Reg. no 2010/HE07/014). We currently offer three, SAQA-approved, full-time, 1-year, Higher Certificate courses in:
- Print Design and Publishing (SAQA ID 85248, HEQSF-aligned, H/PR432/E002CAN, 152 Credits)
- Web Publishing and Interactive Media (SAQA ID 88182, HEQSF-aligned, H/PR432/E003CAN, 152 Credits)
- Game Graphics and Multimedia Entertainment (SAQA ID 93930, HEQSF-aligned, H/PR432/E004CAN, 152 Credits)
We are awaiting accreditation of our 1-year, full-time Concept Art program which will be added to our qualifying courses soon. For more information on our full-time programmes, visit http://friendsofdesign.net/full-time-courses/.
- Going Digital against #GBV | MIP partners with TEARS Foundation | Richard Firth | Mara Glennie | #Digital | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- Firstwatch announces 2021 initiative to support entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #PayItForward | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- See me, Understand me, Learn with me | #Insight | #Education | The Montessori model enters your home | Madeline Hoban | InHome Montessori - October 19, 2021
- Is your business ready for the new frontier of hybrid working | Business Brunch with Björn | #Entrepreneur | #Technology | Craig Johnson | NSN.CO.ZA - October 19, 2021
- Abundance is not what’s in your wallet | #Insight | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- How important is Employer Branding to you and your business? | #Insight | #HR | Pabi Mogosetsi | UNIVERSUM | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How is AI going to affect both Business and the Advertising landscapes? | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How do youth actually consume content? | #Entrepreneur | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Khathutshelo Bapela | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021
- Since SA has have moved to level 1 lock-down, what effect is this having on the markets? | #Insights | #Trading | Zihad Israel | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021