We chat to Sipelile Kaseke, Head Of Programmes for SOS Children’s Villages SA, she over-sees all the 11 programmes across the country, in almost every province!
SOS Children’s Villages in a nutshell:
- Registered Public Benefit and non-profit organisation. First village built in Ennerdale JHB in 1982, now eight villages across the country
- SOS builds families for children in need, and focuses on children who have lost the care of their parents and those at great risk of losing that care
- SOS Children’s Villages provide a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children based on four principles:
o The Mother: Each child has a caring parent
o Brothers and Sisters: Family ties grow naturally
o The House: Each family creates their own home
o The Village: The SOS family is part of the community
Keeping families together:
The Family Strengthening Programme aims to enable children who are at risk of losing the care of their families to grow within a safe family environment. SOS works in co-operation with local authorities and other service providers to empower families and communities to effectively protect and care for their children. The goal is to meet the needs of children within their own communities, working in partnerships with the community.
Over 5000 are children supported by SOS in alternative Care and in the Family Strengthening Programme.
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How is AI going to affect both Business and the Advertising landscapes? | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How do youth actually consume content? | #Entrepreneur | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Khathutshelo Bapela | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021
- Since SA has have moved to level 1 lock-down, what effect is this having on the markets? | #Insights | #Trading | Zihad Israel | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021
- Behind the scenes with a Theater Producer | #BusinessBrunch | #Insight | Björn Salsone | Bernard Jay | #Pantomime | #Podcast #ebizradio - October 12, 2021
- Now is the time to make money in this market | #Insight | #Money | Daniel Kibel | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 11, 2021
- How Trade Specialisation might make you a rich Forex trader | #Insights | Finance | Tope Ijibadejo | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 8, 2021
- Who are and why are these South Africa’s brands ranked the most valuable? | #Marketing | #Insight | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee - October 7, 2021
- Ubuntu is the spirit of wealth | Investing in YOUR people | #Insight | Nelisiwe Massabgo | #ebizradio - October 7, 2021
- THE NEW REASON TO GET UP FOR WORK IN THE MORNING – Becoming a future-fit employer in a Pandemic | #Business | #Insight | Sibongile Bobo Mngxali | Roche Diagnostics | #ebizradio - October 6, 2021