We chat to Sipelile Kaseke, Head Of Programmes for SOS Children’s Villages SA, she over-sees all the 11 programmes across the country, in almost every province!
SOS Children’s Villages in a nutshell:
- Registered Public Benefit and non-profit organisation. First village built in Ennerdale JHB in 1982, now eight villages across the country
- SOS builds families for children in need, and focuses on children who have lost the care of their parents and those at great risk of losing that care
- SOS Children’s Villages provide a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children based on four principles:
o The Mother: Each child has a caring parent
o Brothers and Sisters: Family ties grow naturally
o The House: Each family creates their own home
o The Village: The SOS family is part of the community
Keeping families together:
The Family Strengthening Programme aims to enable children who are at risk of losing the care of their families to grow within a safe family environment. SOS works in co-operation with local authorities and other service providers to empower families and communities to effectively protect and care for their children. The goal is to meet the needs of children within their own communities, working in partnerships with the community.
Over 5000 are children supported by SOS in alternative Care and in the Family Strengthening Programme.
- Wellness initiatives essential for company growth | #eBizWires - March 19, 2019
- Firstwatch supports Entrepreneurial growth for the betterment of all | - March 19, 2019
- If innovation has no purpose then is it innovative? Thought Leadership Digibate - March 15, 2019
- Cloud evolution does not mean demise of IaaS | #eBizInsights - March 15, 2019
- Team dormakaba targets consecutive African Ladies’ Jersey at Cape Epic | #eBizWires - March 15, 2019
- Simplify FAIS Fit & get proper Compliance | #eBizWires - March 15, 2019
- Data management essential for property sector | #eBizWires | Kate McFarlene - March 14, 2019
- AI revolutionises HR | #eBizWires | Rousseau Kluever - March 13, 2019
- Introducing the modern, flexible, multifaceted workplace | #eBizWires | Bernadette Froelich - March 13, 2019
- Changing the way in which we teach and learn in SA Schools – Official launch of School Radio - March 11, 2019