We chat to Sipelile Kaseke, Head Of Programmes for SOS Children’s Villages SA, she over-sees all the 11 programmes across the country, in almost every province!
SOS Children’s Villages in a nutshell:
- Registered Public Benefit and non-profit organisation. First village built in Ennerdale JHB in 1982, now eight villages across the country
- SOS builds families for children in need, and focuses on children who have lost the care of their parents and those at great risk of losing that care
- SOS Children’s Villages provide a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children based on four principles:
o The Mother: Each child has a caring parent
o Brothers and Sisters: Family ties grow naturally
o The House: Each family creates their own home
o The Village: The SOS family is part of the community
Keeping families together:
The Family Strengthening Programme aims to enable children who are at risk of losing the care of their families to grow within a safe family environment. SOS works in co-operation with local authorities and other service providers to empower families and communities to effectively protect and care for their children. The goal is to meet the needs of children within their own communities, working in partnerships with the community.
Over 5000 are children supported by SOS in alternative Care and in the Family Strengthening Programme.
- SCANIA SUPPORTS LOGISTICS INDUSTRY WITH NEW FINANCE MODEL | #eBizWires - August 6, 2020
- POPI: A new world awaits consumers and business| #eBizInsight| Stuart Oberholzer|Podcast - August 6, 2020
- How Mandela day was adapted to Covid-19 realities| #eBizPayitForward| Patrick Kulati| Podcast - August 6, 2020
- Networking – moving between the physical and the digital |#Marketing |#Networking |#Kevin Britz |#Bjorn Salsone |#Gwen Serrotti |#Podcast - August 6, 2020
- Call-Centre optimization during the current Covid-19 pandemic | #eBizInsights | Wynand Smit | Podcast - August 5, 2020
- Getting over the nerves of presenting in public or online |#Lunchtime Series |#Coaching | #Kevin Britz |#Dineshrie Pillay - August 5, 2020
- Are you anxious about tomorrow? |#Mental Health |#Lunchtime Series |#Kevin Brits | Video - August 4, 2020
- Figuring out social media for your business |#Digital |#Mbali Ndhlovu |#Podcast - August 4, 2020
- Made in… purpose| #eBizWires - August 3, 2020
- Women lead differently – find your own voice |#Lunchtime Series |#Leadership #Kevin Britz |#Naomi Basson |Podcast - August 3, 2020