BizRadio chats to Anisa Kale the powerhouse behind Keys Communications, a company that facilitates brand access to the townships, while simultaneously uplifting the local community.
The business was inspired by a love and passion for the township, underpinned by an understanding of the potential of this niche market in terms of introducing and developing a brand to this community.
Community involvement occurs by renting the wall from the owner and then selling it as advertising space to big brands. Historically these houses were purchased by people who are now senior citizens, which means they are either retired, unemployed or on pension (or a combination of all three). As a result, the revenue from the walls can make a big difference to these people’s lives.
It is a reciprocal relationship: the township made Anisa, and now she is paying her dues, keeping money circulating in the township.
Her fascination with business was nurtured at an early age, when Anisa was introduced to trade and entrepreneurship by her father, who had a small township retail outlet, selling all sort of products. Watching her parents, cultivated a desire to start her own business, with the appeal of having the freedom to create her own space in which to work, play, and be a mother and wife. This ideal culminated in Keys Communications, a company, which together with her husband, Kabelo Kale, creates the opportunity for brand exposure in the township environment, without breaking the bank through the perfect channel of wall media which provides reach and frequency at a reasonable.
- Insights on Data 7: POPI gets implemented; now to help Business comply | #eBizInsights | Jayson O’Reilly of Atvance Intellect| Podcast - July 1, 2020
- Covid-19 killed traditional disaster recovery | #eBizInsights - July 1, 2020
- The ‘new normal’ way to operate your business | #eBizWires - July 1, 2020
- NGO’s during the Pandemic; Hope at the Darkest of times| #eBizPayItForward|Nomthi Mnisi | Podcast - June 27, 2020
- The business of sports broadcasting – live sport is back! | #eBizWires| Andile Qokweni - June 27, 2020
- Digitalising customer engagement vital for retail insurance growth | #eBizInsights - June 27, 2020
- The role South Africans can play as active citizens |#Matalane Ngobeni |#Podcast - June 24, 2020
- Insights on Data 6:How Hacks occur; a fast, ever-evolving landscape | #eBizInsights| Jayson O’Reilly of Atvance Intellect| Podcast - June 23, 2020
- Being an ”Essential Service” during Lockdown, Vox’s experience | #eBizInsights | Jacques du Toit of Vox| Podcast - June 18, 2020
- Covid-19 provides construction industry with opportunity for change | #eBizInsight - June 18, 2020