BizRadio chats to Anisa Kale the powerhouse behind Keys Communications, a company that facilitates brand access to the townships, while simultaneously uplifting the local community.
The business was inspired by a love and passion for the township, underpinned by an understanding of the potential of this niche market in terms of introducing and developing a brand to this community.
Community involvement occurs by renting the wall from the owner and then selling it as advertising space to big brands. Historically these houses were purchased by people who are now senior citizens, which means they are either retired, unemployed or on pension (or a combination of all three). As a result, the revenue from the walls can make a big difference to these people’s lives.
It is a reciprocal relationship: the township made Anisa, and now she is paying her dues, keeping money circulating in the township.
Her fascination with business was nurtured at an early age, when Anisa was introduced to trade and entrepreneurship by her father, who had a small township retail outlet, selling all sort of products. Watching her parents, cultivated a desire to start her own business, with the appeal of having the freedom to create her own space in which to work, play, and be a mother and wife. This ideal culminated in Keys Communications, a company, which together with her husband, Kabelo Kale, creates the opportunity for brand exposure in the township environment, without breaking the bank through the perfect channel of wall media which provides reach and frequency at a reasonable.
- Redstor offers Joyce’s Soup Kitchen some much needed support| #eBizPayItForward - December 4, 2019
- How what you study can lead to unexplored paths |#eBizInsights | Jamal Sahib - December 4, 2019
- Software licencing should be getting simpler, but it’s not | #eBizInsights |Richard Firth - December 4, 2019
- Syrex spreads some Santa Shoebox joy this festive season | #eBizPayItForward - December 4, 2019
- The real value of Paid Search and tracking the consumer journey |#eBizInsights| - December 4, 2019
- HAWKERS, HUSTLERS AND HERO’S | #Opinion | Ingrid von Stein - December 3, 2019
- SAB Urban Agriculture Podcasts: #10 A wrap up with SAB| #eBizEntrepreneur |Phumzile Chifunyise - December 3, 2019
- Offshore Investments: A Road map| #eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker - December 2, 2019
- SAB Urban Agriculture Podcasts: #9 Crispy Crop| #eBizEntrepreneur |Siphamandla Bilitane - December 2, 2019
- The power of positive sentiment, rugby and great business | #eBizInsight | Chris Botha - November 28, 2019