BizRadio chats to Anisa Kale the powerhouse behind Keys Communications, a company that facilitates brand access to the townships, while simultaneously uplifting the local community.
The business was inspired by a love and passion for the township, underpinned by an understanding of the potential of this niche market in terms of introducing and developing a brand to this community.
Community involvement occurs by renting the wall from the owner and then selling it as advertising space to big brands. Historically these houses were purchased by people who are now senior citizens, which means they are either retired, unemployed or on pension (or a combination of all three). As a result, the revenue from the walls can make a big difference to these people’s lives.
It is a reciprocal relationship: the township made Anisa, and now she is paying her dues, keeping money circulating in the township.
Her fascination with business was nurtured at an early age, when Anisa was introduced to trade and entrepreneurship by her father, who had a small township retail outlet, selling all sort of products. Watching her parents, cultivated a desire to start her own business, with the appeal of having the freedom to create her own space in which to work, play, and be a mother and wife. This ideal culminated in Keys Communications, a company, which together with her husband, Kabelo Kale, creates the opportunity for brand exposure in the township environment, without breaking the bank through the perfect channel of wall media which provides reach and frequency at a reasonable.
- Streaming content in 2020; the RSA context | #eBizInsights | Richard Lord | Podcast - February 14, 2020
- Search Engines prioritise user experiences in 2020 | #eBizInsights | Marcus Matsi - February 13, 2020
- Hive Digital Media’s Spectrum Roadshow| #eBizWires - February 13, 2020
- 2020 : The most important SONA since 1994 | #ebizradio #Opinion | Mike Abel - February 13, 2020
- Smoking in the Workplace: 21st Century edition | #eBizInisghts | Nicol Myburgh | Podcast - February 12, 2020
- iOCO achieves AWS End User Computing Competency status | #eBizInsights | Podcast | Richard Vester - February 6, 2020
- New examples of Customer-experience innovation with Dentsu Aegis| #eBizWires - February 6, 2020
- How Blockchain Technology Can Change Financial Management In Africa | #eBizInsights - February 6, 2020
- Spectrum: South Africa’s own innovative local video streaming platform | #eBizWires - February 5, 2020
- Choice, mobility, convenience drive customer experience | #eBizWires | Joshua Salani - February 5, 2020