Looking to further cement their presence in Kwazulu Natal and following their recent acquisition of Hotel 64 on Gordon in Durban, BON Hotels has announced the inclusion of two additional properties in the region, namely Protea Hotel Empangeni, to be named BON Hotel Empangeni, and Protea Hotel Waterfront Richards Bay, to be named BON Hotel Waterfront Richards Bay.
Guy Stehlik, CEO of BON Hotels says, “These hotels are exceptional products – they are the best in their class in their respective locations and it’s going to be our job to make sure that we build on that good base.” To ensure that the hotels do not miss a heart beat, the group’s objective is to ensure that the transition to BON Hotels’ systems and procedures is implemented with minimum fuss with the aim of securing new business and ultimately improving upon the performance of the hotels.
BON Hotel Waterfront Richards Bay offers 75 spacious, modern rooms, each with spectacular views of the ocean-front and yacht harbour. Facilities include a conference centre with 3 meeting rooms, a restaurant, cocktail bar and lounge, and swimming pool. General Manager, André de Klerk says that Richards Bay is underestimated as a tourist destination but has much to offer in terms of its pristine beaches, fishing, water sports and entertainment, along with its strong corporate offering.
BON Hotel Empangeni, located in the heart of Empangeni’s business district halfway between Durban and Swaziland, is well situated for the business and leisure traveller. Combining simplicity with understated style, accommodation comprises of 55 tastefully decorated rooms, an in-house restaurant, bar and 3 meeting rooms seating up to 230 guests. De Klerk says that this hotel is popular with the Government sector and for conferences, weddings and enjoys some domestic tourism too.
Owner of both properties and prominent member of the Richards Bay community Freddy Schoonhoven says, “BON Hotels is a young, dynamic and energetic brand that endeavours to exceed guest’s expectations in the true tradition that we as a hotel group have been accustomed to for the past 18-odd years. This new partnership will be exciting for us and our loyal guests – together we will grow with the BON brand that aims to lead us in a new direction of establishing genuine guest service excellence.”
BON Hotels has been working hard to develop their property portfolio and sales and marketing presence in KZN and are looking to further replicate the BON experience throughout South Africa for their customers. Stehlik says that as they are doing in Nigeria and Angola, the group’s strategy is to create inter-city tourism circuits to boost the industry and link important centres across South Africa. “And we are not far off from where we need to be,” he adds with a smile.
- The Youth Unemployment Crisis – What is the impact on individuals and the economy | #Insights | Bryden Morton | Chris Blair | 21st Century | #ebizradio - October 20, 2021
- Going Digital against #GBV | MIP partners with TEARS Foundation | Richard Firth | Mara Glennie | #Digital | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- Firstwatch announces 2021 initiative to support entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #PayItForward | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- See me, Understand me, Learn with me | #Insight | #Education | The Montessori model enters your home | Madeline Hoban | InHome Montessori - October 19, 2021
- Is your business ready for the new frontier of hybrid working | Business Brunch with Björn | #Entrepreneur | #Technology | Craig Johnson | NSN.CO.ZA - October 19, 2021
- Abundance is not what’s in your wallet | #Insight | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- How important is Employer Branding to you and your business? | #Insight | #HR | Pabi Mogosetsi | UNIVERSUM | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How is AI going to affect both Business and the Advertising landscapes? | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How do youth actually consume content? | #Entrepreneur | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Khathutshelo Bapela | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021