M2TD now set for impressive growth
Founded just six years ago in 2009, Micro Squared Technology Dimension (M2TD) Consulting, has grown from strength to strength. Driven by CEO David Matshane the company – and then some – has become a reality after just a few, short years.
The company recently signed a contract with British Telecommunications (BT) – a multinational telecommunications services company that operates in 170 countries. This is a great feat for this small yet impactful company. BT will contribute greatly to the Networking and Connectivity section of M2TD’s work. This opens M2TD up to global connectivity, allowing them to manage and monitor a global footprint.
With these types of collaborations and strategic partnerships, M2TD Consulting has repositioned itself as one of the fastest growing ICT SME in the country and now boasts a staff complement of 50.
“Our focus was essentially on EMC storage services and solutions when the company first started but it diversified since 2013. Today we operate within a variety of solutions: storage and backup managed services, cloud solutions, server virtualisation, infrastructure operations, data centre and virtual environments,” explains Matshane.
One of M2TD’s main focuses is to drive ICT services in municipalities, accelerating the offering in these areas, working on a provincial, local and municipal government level. Matshane explains that there are millions of people living within municipal boundaries all across South Africa without access to basic information and communication technology. They want to assist government in rolling out this technology across the country.
The integrated offering by this level 1 BBBEEE 100% black owned business is made possible by the strong role that the CEO plays. With a strong focus on brand positioning, services and the delivery of promises, Matshane ensures that the company presents a united front and that “the resilience and the robustness of the company are developed from a business perspective,” according to Matshane.
Matshane is supported by a mentor in business from British Telecommunications South Africa (BTSA) as well as an advisory board from EnablingAfrica. Matshane says, “Our micro-entity has become a medium organisation and these changes are because of industrial support and mentorship, by big businesses.”
Matshane says, “We want to show that industrial support can add incredible value and show other SMEs that they too can survive and thrive.
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How is AI going to affect both Business and the Advertising landscapes? | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How do youth actually consume content? | #Entrepreneur | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Khathutshelo Bapela | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021
- Since SA has have moved to level 1 lock-down, what effect is this having on the markets? | #Insights | #Trading | Zihad Israel | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021
- Behind the scenes with a Theater Producer | #BusinessBrunch | #Insight | Björn Salsone | Bernard Jay | #Pantomime | #Podcast #ebizradio - October 12, 2021
- Now is the time to make money in this market | #Insight | #Money | Daniel Kibel | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 11, 2021
- How Trade Specialisation might make you a rich Forex trader | #Insights | Finance | Tope Ijibadejo | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 8, 2021
- Who are and why are these South Africa’s brands ranked the most valuable? | #Marketing | #Insight | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee - October 7, 2021
- Ubuntu is the spirit of wealth | Investing in YOUR people | #Insight | Nelisiwe Massabgo | #ebizradio - October 7, 2021
- THE NEW REASON TO GET UP FOR WORK IN THE MORNING – Becoming a future-fit employer in a Pandemic | #Business | #Insight | Sibongile Bobo Mngxali | Roche Diagnostics | #ebizradio - October 6, 2021