Interswitch, a leading digital payments and commerce provider focused on Africa, launches an integration of its Quickteller services with BlackBerry’s BBM™ via a new app called Quickteller Mini available for smartphones running Android™, BlackBerry and iOS®.
With this partnership, BBM users with a Nigerian bank account can make a request for money, airtime and payment for services from one of their BBM contacts. The Quickteller Mini App enables this in a secure and user-friendly way. This service is as easy as sharing a photo or file while chatting with a contact on BBM. You simply select the attachment option, choose Quickteller, enter the amount and make a request. The recipient of the message simply taps it and enters their account details. The money is credited to the recipient’s bank account instantly.
“Person-to-Person transfers and electronic airtime recharge present a growing market opportunity in Nigeria. We are delighted to bring our secure payment services to BBM users in Nigeria. This partnership demonstrates how Interswitch continues to innovate and push the boundaries in African payments whilst enhancing the customer experience,” commented Mitchell Elegbe, Group Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of Interswitch.
“BBM is one of the most popular messaging applications in Nigeria,” said Matthew Talbot, SVP Emerging Solutions at BlackBerry. “This new mobile payment service demonstrates how we have effectively evolved BBM from the best real-time chat experience to a true social engagement and e-commerce platform. By combining the strengths of BlackBerry and Interswitch, we have developed a service that puts Nigeria at the forefront of mobile payments and commerce innovations.”
The Quickteller Mini App is now available via free download from BlackBerry® World™, Google Play Store and Apple’s App Store. Users can also simply visit bbm.quickteller.com
Quickteller is the leading multi-channel payments platform in Nigeria with over 3 million subscribers offering airtime recharge, bill payments and funds transfer via Web, Mobile (App & USSD), ATMs, POS and Agents.
Behind the scenes:
Interswitch is a pan-African, integrated payment and transaction processing company. Interswitch provides technology integration, advisory services, payment infrastructure to government, banks and corporate organizations;
• Interswitch processes transactions from various channels namely: ATMs, mobile, PoS, online (web) and IVR;
• Further information about Interswitch Limited can be found at www.interswitchgroup.com
- Going Digital against #GBV | MIP partners with TEARS Foundation | Richard Firth | Mara Glennie | #Digital | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- Firstwatch announces 2021 initiative to support entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #PayItForward | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- See me, Understand me, Learn with me | #Insight | #Education | The Montessori model enters your home | Madeline Hoban | InHome Montessori - October 19, 2021
- Is your business ready for the new frontier of hybrid working | Business Brunch with Björn | #Entrepreneur | #Technology | Craig Johnson | NSN.CO.ZA - October 19, 2021
- Abundance is not what’s in your wallet | #Insight | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Naomi Basson | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- How important is Employer Branding to you and your business? | #Insight | #HR | Pabi Mogosetsi | UNIVERSUM | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 18, 2021
- Motoring News | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How is AI going to affect both Business and the Advertising landscapes? | #Marketing | #LunchtimeSeries | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 15, 2021
- How do youth actually consume content? | #Entrepreneur | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Khathutshelo Bapela | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021
- Since SA has have moved to level 1 lock-down, what effect is this having on the markets? | #Insights | #Trading | Zihad Israel | CMTrading | #ebizradio - October 14, 2021