Interswitch, a leading digital payments and commerce provider focused on Africa, launches an integration of its Quickteller services with BlackBerry’s BBM™ via a new app called Quickteller Mini available for smartphones running Android™, BlackBerry and iOS®.
With this partnership, BBM users with a Nigerian bank account can make a request for money, airtime and payment for services from one of their BBM contacts. The Quickteller Mini App enables this in a secure and user-friendly way. This service is as easy as sharing a photo or file while chatting with a contact on BBM. You simply select the attachment option, choose Quickteller, enter the amount and make a request. The recipient of the message simply taps it and enters their account details. The money is credited to the recipient’s bank account instantly.
“Person-to-Person transfers and electronic airtime recharge present a growing market opportunity in Nigeria. We are delighted to bring our secure payment services to BBM users in Nigeria. This partnership demonstrates how Interswitch continues to innovate and push the boundaries in African payments whilst enhancing the customer experience,” commented Mitchell Elegbe, Group Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of Interswitch.
“BBM is one of the most popular messaging applications in Nigeria,” said Matthew Talbot, SVP Emerging Solutions at BlackBerry. “This new mobile payment service demonstrates how we have effectively evolved BBM from the best real-time chat experience to a true social engagement and e-commerce platform. By combining the strengths of BlackBerry and Interswitch, we have developed a service that puts Nigeria at the forefront of mobile payments and commerce innovations.”
The Quickteller Mini App is now available via free download from BlackBerry® World™, Google Play Store and Apple’s App Store. Users can also simply visit bbm.quickteller.com
Quickteller is the leading multi-channel payments platform in Nigeria with over 3 million subscribers offering airtime recharge, bill payments and funds transfer via Web, Mobile (App & USSD), ATMs, POS and Agents.
Behind the scenes:
Interswitch is a pan-African, integrated payment and transaction processing company. Interswitch provides technology integration, advisory services, payment infrastructure to government, banks and corporate organizations;
• Interswitch processes transactions from various channels namely: ATMs, mobile, PoS, online (web) and IVR;
• Further information about Interswitch Limited can be found at www.interswitchgroup.com
- The power of that SUBSCRIBE button | #Business | #Marketing | #e-commerce | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | Lunchtime Marketing | #Podcast - September 29, 2022
- Porn, parents, children and social workers burning out | #Insights | #Society | Ingrid von Stein | Edith Kriel | Jelly Beanz | #Podcast - September 28, 2022
- Desperation and hopelessness is surrounding us in business | #Insights | #Business | #LunchtimeCoaching | Kevin Britz | Leoni Coetzee | #Podcast - September 28, 2022
- Why paying your tax as a small business owner is so important | #Insights | #Tax | #WordOfMouth | Lindi Tshabangu | Tusani Mnyandu | Mazars - September 26, 2022
- Retailers are looking at smart solutions to South Africa’s power crisis with electricity costs likely to double over five years | #Insight | Steven Heilbron | Capital Connect - September 26, 2022
- News of the Week | #News | #News Updates | Kuhle Tshabalala | #Podcast - September 23, 2022
- HUMILITY IS NOT THINKING LESS OF YOURSELF, IT’S THINKING OF YOURSELF LESS! | #Business | #Leadership | Kevin Britz | Meenakshhi Iyer | NorthStar Solutions - September 23, 2022
- Lana Marais appointed as Regional Director for emerging markets, dentsu Africa | #Wires | #Media | #Marketing | #Branding - September 21, 2022
- Self Promotion in leadership | #BusinessCoaching | #Business | Kevin Britz | Meenakshhi Ayer | Northstar Solutions | #Podcast - September 21, 2022
- Music and Food are forever intertwined | #Music | #Food | Brunch with Bjorn | Bjorn Salsone | J Something | Joao da Fonseca | #Podcast - September 21, 2022