The Apollo is a 3-piece alternative rock band that was formed in January 2013, by a group of friends from Johannesburg. Members; Michael Card (Vocals /Bass Guitar), Paul Kayser (Vocals / Guitar) and Mark Traf (Drums); have played in various bands over the past decade; together and individually; and have decided to return to their roots for one last show.
The Apollo’s sound is a unique amalgamation of rock/ alternative with a punk undertone and energy. The melodic vocal harmonies are mixed with aggressive guitar riffs and solid drum sounds to hold it all together.
The Apollo’s influences range from many different types of music, which includes: Biffy Clyro, Radiohead, Blink 182, Paramore, The Used and Kings of Leon. All three members bring their own unique feel, giving the band a sound that will leave you wanting more.
The Apollo has just finished recording their 2nd single, “Phoenix Down”, which will soon be available on most social platforms. They are currently in studio and working on their self-titled EP which will be released the beginning of next year.
The Apollo has recently played at Oppikoppi Odyssey and have a number of great shows lined up for the end of the year/
Artists We Also Like
Biffy Clyro, Kings of Leon, Brand New, Queens of the stone age, Foo Fighters and many more.
Song: “Phoenix Down”
- COVID, a key catalyst for collective philanthropy |#PayItForward |#IPASA - October 20, 2020
- Do you have the mental endurance to do this thing called life and business |#LTC | #KevinBritz | Cobus Visser |#Coaching |#Podcast |#ebizradio - October 20, 2020
- Syncrony’s GreenLine adds trust to the bottom line | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020
- CORONAVIRUS: COMPLACENCY IS SOUTH AFRICA’S BIGGEST CHALLENGE | #eBizWires - October 20, 2020
- Parenting digitally connected children |#OneEyedMan |#MikeStopforth | Dean McCoubrey |#digital |#ebizradio - October 19, 2020
- From a truck helper to the head of Sales |#LTL |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Romeo Langenhoven | #Leadership | Coca Cola South Africa |#Podcast - October 19, 2020
- Hussling on the side: How Moonlighting became the new normal | #eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker | Podcast - October 19, 2020
- Unpacking Data Skills and Literacy from a RSA context | #eBizInsights| Alan Browning of Atvance Intellect |Podcast - October 19, 2020
- The African Hotel Industry; Pre and Post Covid | #eBizInsights| Brett Hoppe |Podcast - October 16, 2020
- Do we stop and ask WHY? |#LTS |#CandidConversations |#KevinBritz | Lauren Britz |#Podcast - October 16, 2020