After World War 2, many countries in East Asia were amongst the poorest and least developed on the planet; devastated by war and division these countries pulled themselves up and created a economic miracle, China, South Korea, Japan, Indonesia and Taiwan amongst others in the region have developed there technological and industrial centres and raised the standard of living dramatically in the last 50 years…
One of the companies that came about from this development was ASUS: Based in Taiwan, the Asus brand is available across the planet including South Africa. Today we chat to Yolandi Venter the Head of Marketing for Asus South Africa.
We cover a broad number of topics in this podcast, from the History of Asus, their involvement in Africa as well as general trends in the IT Industry for the year both in a South African and Global context.
ASUS takes its name from Pegasus, the winged horse in Greek mythology that symbolises wisdom and knowledge. ASUS embodies the strength, purity, and adventurous spirit of this fantastic creature, and soars to new heights with each new product it creates.
The Taiwanese information technology industry has grown enormously over the last few decades and the country is now a dominant player in the global market. ASUS has long been at the forefront of this growth and although the company started life as a humble motherboard manufacturer with a handful of employees, it is now the leading technology company in Taiwan and employs over 11,000 people around the world.
ASUS makes products in almost every conceivable category of information technology too, including PC components and peripherals, notebooks, tablets, servers and smartphones.
- WHY CORPORATES HAVE TO ADJUST NOW! |#LTC |#Kevinbritz | Mpume Ncube-Daka |#ebizradio |#Podcast - January 13, 2021
- WHAT OWNS YOU? |#LTC |#Coaching |#Kevinbritz | Angela Hardy |#Podcast |#ebizradio - January 12, 2021
- Rethinking organisational design and effectiveness through CEOship |#OneEyedMan |Rowan Belchers | Lockstep |#ebizradio |#Podcast |#Mikestopforth - January 11, 2021
- Behavior is Truth |#LTL |#Leadership |Mike Abel |#Kevinbritz | Naomi Basson |#ebizradio |#podcast - January 11, 2021
- Looking forward to 2021 | #eBizTrends| Dion Chang| Podcast - January 4, 2021
- Driving demand for local businesses this festive season| #eBizWires | Daryn van Arkel |Podcast - December 18, 2020
- Why podcasting is an effective marketing tool |#Marketing | Paulo Dias |Ultimate Media | #ebizradio - December 17, 2020
- HOW DID I LAND UP HERE? #LTC |#Coaching |#KevinBritz |Julio Muhorro |Sharing Knowledge International #Podcast |#ebizradio - December 15, 2020
- Do you want to go to MONEY SCHOOL? |#Digital |#Mbali Ndhlovu | Nabeel Khan |#MoneyTalks |#podcast - December 15, 2020
- CARING IS THE FUTURE OF LEADERSHIP |#kevinbritz | Naomi Basson | #leadership | John Joubert |#cocacola |Peninsula Beverages - December 14, 2020