Marketing education, much like management education, is challenged as to its effectiveness in addressing the learning needs of today’s global marketing professionals. As we move further along the development path of the global knowledge economy the notions of work and learning are becoming increasingly blurred ‘Intelligent Marketing Practice” is learning. Theory and practice need to be brought closer together. So … let’s explore the role and function that GMN and Henley are seeking to perform as a learning channel to best support continuing professional development and how the learning model itself might develop.
Professor Martin Reynolds is a non-executive director at Global Marketing Network and Head of Centre Leadership and Management Practice, Birmingham City University (UK). A former Dean of both Nottingham Trent University (UK) and Anglia Ruskin University (UK), over the past ten years Martin has been actively involved in developing new and innovative work-based courses for companies at both undergraduate and postgraduate level.
Martin presented to Henley Business School (henleysa.ac.za) the marketing education model that GMN are developing for them.
Biz Radio chatted to Martin to find out a bit more about this programme and the thought process and future actions of the educational roll-out.
Prof Martin Reynolds in conversation with BizRadio’s Grant Jansen
Podcast | Click HERE to listen
- The Global Marketing Network Mission
- The Context – Globalisation & Technology: Transforming Markets, Economies AND Educational Models
- The Changing Talent Needs in Organisations
- Work is Learning and Learning is the Work: Nature of Talent for the Global Business World
- The Notion of Practice Intelligence & Marketing Practice Intelligence
- Practice Intelligence, Marketing Practice and GMN
- GMN as a Learning Channel for Marketing Practitioners
- The ‘Network’ as a Learning Channel for Marketing Practitioners: Four Key Roles
You can read Martin’s feature article in the new issue of Global CMO The Magazine out Monday 3rd June. Visit theglobalcmo.com to secure a complimentary subscription.
Join Grant Jansen every weekday morning from 10 to noon for the Daily Biz on Biz Radio.
- Streaming content in 2020; the RSA context | #eBizInsights | Richard Lord | Podcast - February 14, 2020
- Search Engines prioritise user experiences in 2020 | #eBizInsights | Marcus Matsi - February 13, 2020
- Hive Digital Media’s Spectrum Roadshow| #eBizWires - February 13, 2020
- 2020 : The most important SONA since 1994 | #ebizradio #Opinion | Mike Abel - February 13, 2020
- Smoking in the Workplace: 21st Century edition | #eBizInisghts | Nicol Myburgh | Podcast - February 12, 2020
- iOCO achieves AWS End User Computing Competency status | #eBizInsights | Podcast | Richard Vester - February 6, 2020
- New examples of Customer-experience innovation with Dentsu Aegis| #eBizWires - February 6, 2020
- How Blockchain Technology Can Change Financial Management In Africa | #eBizInsights - February 6, 2020
- Spectrum: South Africa’s own innovative local video streaming platform | #eBizWires - February 5, 2020
- Choice, mobility, convenience drive customer experience | #eBizWires | Joshua Salani - February 5, 2020