Marketing education, much like management education, is challenged as to its effectiveness in addressing the learning needs of today’s global marketing professionals. As we move further along the development path of the global knowledge economy the notions of work and learning are becoming increasingly blurred ‘Intelligent Marketing Practice” is learning. Theory and practice need to be brought closer together. So … let’s explore the role and function that GMN and Henley are seeking to perform as a learning channel to best support continuing professional development and how the learning model itself might develop.
Professor Martin Reynolds is a non-executive director at Global Marketing Network and Head of Centre Leadership and Management Practice, Birmingham City University (UK). A former Dean of both Nottingham Trent University (UK) and Anglia Ruskin University (UK), over the past ten years Martin has been actively involved in developing new and innovative work-based courses for companies at both undergraduate and postgraduate level.
Martin presented to Henley Business School (henleysa.ac.za) the marketing education model that GMN are developing for them.
Biz Radio chatted to Martin to find out a bit more about this programme and the thought process and future actions of the educational roll-out.
Prof Martin Reynolds in conversation with BizRadio’s Grant Jansen
Podcast | Click HERE to listen
- The Global Marketing Network Mission
- The Context – Globalisation & Technology: Transforming Markets, Economies AND Educational Models
- The Changing Talent Needs in Organisations
- Work is Learning and Learning is the Work: Nature of Talent for the Global Business World
- The Notion of Practice Intelligence & Marketing Practice Intelligence
- Practice Intelligence, Marketing Practice and GMN
- GMN as a Learning Channel for Marketing Practitioners
- The ‘Network’ as a Learning Channel for Marketing Practitioners: Four Key Roles
You can read Martin’s feature article in the new issue of Global CMO The Magazine out Monday 3rd June. Visit theglobalcmo.com to secure a complimentary subscription.
Join Grant Jansen every weekday morning from 10 to noon for the Daily Biz on Biz Radio.
- Adapting Conservation into a Economic Activity | #eBizTrends | Dion Chang - September 20, 2019
- Cry our beloved SMEs | #eBizWires | Lukhanyo Bushwana - September 20, 2019
- Obsidian Systems’ end-to-end coverage of Open Source Week 2019 - September 20, 2019
- Financial Institutions – Be Better | #eBizWires - September 20, 2019
- How to Register your own SA Company for under R300! #Insight |#IP Braai - September 19, 2019
- Being a Finance Director in your 30’s | #eBizInsight| Emilie Bigot - September 19, 2019
- Gill Randall on Local Newspapers | #eBizInsights - September 17, 2019
- The Truth About Xenophobia in South Africa |#Insights |#Devan Moonsamy - September 16, 2019
- FLEXIBLE WORKSPACE IS THE NEW FRANCHISE FRONTIER | #eBizInsights - September 16, 2019
- How the office will change by 2025 in Africa? |#eBizInsights - September 13, 2019