Ian Lumsden the current General Manager, Hotel Division, of Ankerdata will take on the role of Director of Sales & Marketing for the group which will involve the sourcing and acquisition of new business, the maintenance of existing clients and overseeing brand management and brand recognition.
With 14 years under the belt at Ankerdata, Ian is continually inspired by his co-workers, their dedication to their work and their trust in him which in turn drives him to ensure that they get the best out of their careers while working with him and as a result improve business.
On completing his matric at Hottentots Holland High School, Ian went on to acquire a Hospitality Management Diploma from Cape Technikon Hotel School. Just six months later, it was it an ‘out of the frying pan into the fire scenario’ that saw him move from night manager at the Protea Hotel Ritz Inn Seapoint to General Manager for River City Inn in Upington. The hotel was still being built and he had to employ all the staff, purchase all the operating equipment, deal with builders and owners and have the hotel ready for opening.
His drive and commitment, coupled with a great sense of humour and self motivation, has seen him move up through the ranks and with some 26 years in the industry he brings formidable experience to Ankerdata.
Driven by his ethos of “you do not have bad staff, you have bad managers” Ian’s approach to his career has brought about great success and job satisfaction which is evident in the company’s belief in him and his subsequent promotion.
About Protel by Ankerdata
Versatile, powerful and incorporating the very latest technologies, protel hotel software is the partner of choice to over 13 000 hotels in 70 countries. The protel South Africa team have a strong understanding of the purpose and scope of a hotel management system and this is complemented by their dependable after-sales-service.
Features can be tailored to suit an individual hotel´s specific requirements. And since all the products are based on the same software kernel, single hotels can effortlessly upgrade to a multi-property solution for hotel chains without any loss of data. With protel, hotel operators enjoy powerful tools that adapt smoothly to new business situations. Ankerdata provides protel hotel software for hotel operators in Southern Africa.
- The Truth About Xenophobia in South Africa |#Insights |#Devan Moonsamy - September 16, 2019
- FLEXIBLE WORKSPACE IS THE NEW FRANCHISE FRONTIER | #eBizInsights - September 16, 2019
- How the office will change by 2025 in Africa? |#eBizInsights - September 13, 2019
- Its more than gender based violence – it’s a complete collapse of our moral fibre and care for our fellow man|#PayItForward |#Ingrid von Stein - September 13, 2019
- Your own free Trade Mark search |#Insights |#IP Braai - September 13, 2019
- The MediaShop dominates MOST Awards! - September 11, 2019
- Are you Emotional Intelligent in your work place? |#Insight Trends |# Losego Motshele - September 11, 2019
- Reaching the base of the pyramid consumer has to be highly relevant|#Marketing Insights |#Lorraine Gwewera - September 11, 2019
- As entrepreneurs and business managers we are expected to speak in front of people – here are a few tips |#Insight |#Howard Feldman - September 10, 2019
- Making the transition to Dynamics 365 - September 10, 2019