Ian Lumsden the current General Manager, Hotel Division, of Ankerdata will take on the role of Director of Sales & Marketing for the group which will involve the sourcing and acquisition of new business, the maintenance of existing clients and overseeing brand management and brand recognition.
With 14 years under the belt at Ankerdata, Ian is continually inspired by his co-workers, their dedication to their work and their trust in him which in turn drives him to ensure that they get the best out of their careers while working with him and as a result improve business.
On completing his matric at Hottentots Holland High School, Ian went on to acquire a Hospitality Management Diploma from Cape Technikon Hotel School. Just six months later, it was it an ‘out of the frying pan into the fire scenario’ that saw him move from night manager at the Protea Hotel Ritz Inn Seapoint to General Manager for River City Inn in Upington. The hotel was still being built and he had to employ all the staff, purchase all the operating equipment, deal with builders and owners and have the hotel ready for opening.
His drive and commitment, coupled with a great sense of humour and self motivation, has seen him move up through the ranks and with some 26 years in the industry he brings formidable experience to Ankerdata.
Driven by his ethos of “you do not have bad staff, you have bad managers” Ian’s approach to his career has brought about great success and job satisfaction which is evident in the company’s belief in him and his subsequent promotion.
About Protel by Ankerdata
Versatile, powerful and incorporating the very latest technologies, protel hotel software is the partner of choice to over 13 000 hotels in 70 countries. The protel South Africa team have a strong understanding of the purpose and scope of a hotel management system and this is complemented by their dependable after-sales-service.
Features can be tailored to suit an individual hotel´s specific requirements. And since all the products are based on the same software kernel, single hotels can effortlessly upgrade to a multi-property solution for hotel chains without any loss of data. With protel, hotel operators enjoy powerful tools that adapt smoothly to new business situations. Ankerdata provides protel hotel software for hotel operators in Southern Africa.
- SAB READIES TO WIND UP R14-BILLION B-BBEE SCHEME IN VALUE AT MATURITY - January 17, 2020
- The intelligent utility of the future | #eBizInsights | Dr. Cathy Pickering - January 14, 2020
- Employee Wellbeing going into the new decade | #eBizInsights - January 14, 2020
- From street corner to corner office|#eBizWires | Fredrick Ochieng - January 14, 2020
- Post-Matric Packing List for Life | #eBizInsights | Howard Feldman - January 14, 2020
- Welcome to the era of containers | #eBizWires? Muggie van Stadden - January 14, 2020
- #ImStaying – MORE THAN A MILLION VOICES ECHOING CHANGE ACROSS SA! #Opinion #Jarette Petzer - January 7, 2020
- The state of States | #eBizTrends | Dion Chang - January 6, 2020
- Cloud still too pricey in SA | #eBizWires | Richard Firth - December 31, 2019
- How blockchain is disrupting the insurance industry | #eBizWires |JC Oberholzer - December 31, 2019