The Network Operations Centre (NOC) at Alteram Solutions has recently undergone a total revamp. The NOC is a highly sophisticated live SolarWinds installation from which Alteram Solutions remotely monitors IT environments in real-time.
Vincent Rabie – Network Operating Centre Manager at Alteram Solutions was responsible for making sure that the new NOC facility is fully functional. The new NOC allows Alteram Solutions to monitor various client networks with SolarWinds ensuring easy integration. In terms of the space, the new NOC is definitely bigger as well as more secure. It boasts a large window on one side of the room affords clients a view of the setup.
“The new NOC is going to add value to Alteram Solutions by allowing the company to provide a unique, customised service to current and new clients. We will now be much more responsive to infrastructure issues and diagnostics information will now be readily available. The NOC also speeds up troubleshooting, therefore increasing service levels and reducing downtime results which leads to improved service delivery to our clients. As cloud computing becomes more varied and complex, more organisations will conclude that it’s better to rely on managed service providers to manage underlying cloud infrastructure on their behalf,” comments Rabie.
“All business networks and infrastructure are becoming much more complex, dynamic and require constant monitoring as they provide critical services. A Network Operations Centre allows businesses to respond faster and have more diagnostic information available for problem determination,” concludes Rabie.
The NOC will add true value to Alteram Solutions and its clients as it provides a 24/7/365 service. Alteram Solutions will expand its SolarWinds offering by including additional modules for storage and virtualisation. A training centre providing SolarWinds training is also in the pipeline.
For more information on Alteram Solutions visit: http://www.alteram.co.za
Tel: (010) 900 4075
E-mail: [email protected]
- Bringing 4IR to South Africa: Telviva, an Introduction | #eBizTechnology |David Meintjes | Podcast - June 1, 2020
- Covid-19 lockdown spurs massive spike in new business account registrations online | #eBizInisghts| Jonathan Smit of Payfast |Podcast - May 29, 2020
- Insights on Data: Podcast 4 Data Literacy and Skills | #eBizInsights| Jayson O’Reilly|Podcast - May 27, 2020
- We’re facing a new way of connecting with consumers| #eBizInsights | Victor Koaho - May 27, 2020
- Types of Covid-19 tests explained| #eBizInsights | Gerald Naidoo - May 27, 2020
- The Marketing Research Foundation updates the industry| #eBizWires - May 27, 2020
- How do we get through this trauma? |#Lifestyle |#Monique Strydom| Podcast - May 22, 2020
- How to handle the unexpected news of retrenchment |#Insight |#Devan Moonsammy - May 19, 2020
- THERE IS NO RISK IN BEING DIFFERENT WHEN NOTHING IS THE SAME| #eBizInsights | Ursula McDonald & Pippa Capstick | Podcast - May 18, 2020
- Insights on Data Podcast 3: Data Analysis | #eBizInsights |Quinton Senekal - May 18, 2020