The African workforce is mushrooming, and by 2035, its numbers will have increased by more than the rest of the world’s regions combined.1 According to World Bank analysts, this expanded working-age population could lead to a growth in GDP of up to 15 per cent – equivalent to doubling the current rate of growth in the region.
The trend towards flexible working is capturing the attention of the global markets. International flexible workspace provider, IWG plc – operating under the Regus brand in Africa – is currently franchising in 21 countries on the African continent and are looking at expanding into the rest of Africa through a unique franchising model. This is the first time that a proven national serviced office proposition has ever entered the African franchise market.
Flexible workspaces are becoming an essential part of a modern country’s business infrastructure. African businesses are using flexible working as a way to attract talent.
Flexible workspace is also a preferred option for workers. Seventy-seven per cent of African workers said they’d choose one job over another similar one if it offered flexible working, while 56 per cent would actually turn down a job that ruled out flexible working.
- Private equity fund takes the lead at transformative 4IR start-ups | #eBizEntrepreneur | Brett Dawson | Podcast - February 18, 2020
- Streaming content in 2020; the RSA context | #eBizInsights | Richard Lord | Podcast - February 14, 2020
- Search Engines prioritise user experiences in 2020 | #eBizInsights | Marcus Matsi - February 13, 2020
- Hive Digital Media’s Spectrum Roadshow| #eBizWires - February 13, 2020
- 2020 : The most important SONA since 1994 | #ebizradio #Opinion | Mike Abel - February 13, 2020
- Smoking in the Workplace: 21st Century edition | #eBizInisghts | Nicol Myburgh | Podcast - February 12, 2020
- iOCO achieves AWS End User Computing Competency status | #eBizInsights | Podcast | Richard Vester - February 6, 2020
- New examples of Customer-experience innovation with Dentsu Aegis| #eBizWires - February 6, 2020
- How Blockchain Technology Can Change Financial Management In Africa | #eBizInsights - February 6, 2020
- Spectrum: South Africa’s own innovative local video streaming platform | #eBizWires - February 5, 2020