BizRadio chats to Arthur Goldstuck, CEO of World Wide Worx about Africa’s first in-depth research; highlighting trends and opportunities in the e-commerce space on the continent.
Whilst Africa may still be lagging behind the rest of the world in terms of e-commerce penetration and adoption, the corporate sector is increasingly keen on taking advantage of the benefits of online systems. This is particularly so in the travel sector, where more than half of companies surveyed currently book online and another 20% are expected to do so in the near future.
These results are contained in the independent research paper done by World Wide Worx – A Digital Savannah: Africa’s e-commerce promise that was released today. The white paper identifies five key trends shaping decision making and consumer behavior as they relate to online shopping preferences and travel booking.
- Appetite for online shopping
- Africa is anything but a homogenous market
- Growing adoption of mobile-based payment and banking systems
- Significant international and cross-border business footprint
- Corporate travel in Africa tends toward centralised booking
A Digital Savannah: Africa’s e-commerce promise white paper concludes that despite the disparate preferences, environments and available infrastructure across the different countries the overall potential for e-commerce is strong. The common theme of ‘Africa is not a country’ is advice well heeded as clearly no one solution suits all countries, consumers or companies.
To download the full click here – A Digital Savannah: Africa’s e-commerce promise
- Assets and Wealth; Understanding the difference | #eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker - January 23, 2020
- How South Africa’s People and Business are adapting (or not adapting) to the evolving GIG economy | #eBizFinance | Sylvia Walker - January 22, 2020
- Social Media Trends for 2020 |#eBizWires | - January 22, 2020
- Africa is championing the flexible workspace revolution | #eBizInsights - January 21, 2020
- SAB READIES TO WIND UP R14-BILLION B-BBEE SCHEME IN VALUE AT MATURITY - January 17, 2020
- The intelligent utility of the future | #eBizInsights | Dr. Cathy Pickering - January 14, 2020
- Employee Wellbeing going into the new decade | #eBizInsights - January 14, 2020
- From street corner to corner office|#eBizWires | Fredrick Ochieng - January 14, 2020
- Post-Matric Packing List for Life | #eBizInsights | Howard Feldman - January 14, 2020
- Welcome to the era of containers | #eBizWires? Muggie van Stadden - January 14, 2020