BizRadio chats to Arthur Goldstuck, CEO of World Wide Worx about Africa’s first in-depth research; highlighting trends and opportunities in the e-commerce space on the continent.
Whilst Africa may still be lagging behind the rest of the world in terms of e-commerce penetration and adoption, the corporate sector is increasingly keen on taking advantage of the benefits of online systems. This is particularly so in the travel sector, where more than half of companies surveyed currently book online and another 20% are expected to do so in the near future.
These results are contained in the independent research paper done by World Wide Worx – A Digital Savannah: Africa’s e-commerce promise that was released today. The white paper identifies five key trends shaping decision making and consumer behavior as they relate to online shopping preferences and travel booking.
- Appetite for online shopping
- Africa is anything but a homogenous market
- Growing adoption of mobile-based payment and banking systems
- Significant international and cross-border business footprint
- Corporate travel in Africa tends toward centralised booking
A Digital Savannah: Africa’s e-commerce promise white paper concludes that despite the disparate preferences, environments and available infrastructure across the different countries the overall potential for e-commerce is strong. The common theme of ‘Africa is not a country’ is advice well heeded as clearly no one solution suits all countries, consumers or companies.
To download the full click here – A Digital Savannah: Africa’s e-commerce promise
- New uses for Commercial Office Space| #eBizTrends | Dion Chang | Podcasts - September 28, 2020
- Why cultivating leadership is imperative to every organisation! |#LTL |#KevinBritz | Naomi Basson | Passmore Matupire |#Podcast |#Leadership |#ebizradio - September 28, 2020
- Have you considered living and working in the USA? Reinventing yourself abroad |#LTM |#KevinBritz |#BjornSalsone |Andrea Magni |#Marketing |#Podcast - September 24, 2020
- Vator Pitch? What is it and why do you need one? |#KevinBritz |#LTC |Toyin Ademola |#Podcast |#ebizradio - September 23, 2020
- The Attention Economy and its Impact on Media |Donald Mokgale |#LetsTalkDigital |#AudreyNaidoo |#Carat - September 23, 2020
- Broke, homeless but resilient |#LTC |#KevinBritz | Heidi Poulton |#Wellness |#Podcast |#ebizradio - September 22, 2020
- Democratising Investing| #eBizInsights | Sebastian Patel| #Podcast |#FRANC - September 22, 2020
- How 10 minutes can literally change you as a leader |#LTL |#KevinBritz |#Naomi Basson |Nick Howes |#Leadership |#Podcast - September 21, 2020
- #InclusivityMatters |#LTC | Candid Conversation |#KevinBritz |#Podcast | Lauren Britz - September 18, 2020
- Going Dutch and reinventing yourself on a bicycle |#KevinBritz |#LTC |#BjornSalsone |Tanya Kovarsky |#Podcast - September 17, 2020