BizRadio chats to Arthur Goldstuck, CEO of World Wide Worx about Africa’s first in-depth research; highlighting trends and opportunities in the e-commerce space on the continent.
Whilst Africa may still be lagging behind the rest of the world in terms of e-commerce penetration and adoption, the corporate sector is increasingly keen on taking advantage of the benefits of online systems. This is particularly so in the travel sector, where more than half of companies surveyed currently book online and another 20% are expected to do so in the near future.
These results are contained in the independent research paper done by World Wide Worx – A Digital Savannah: Africa’s e-commerce promise that was released today. The white paper identifies five key trends shaping decision making and consumer behavior as they relate to online shopping preferences and travel booking.
- Appetite for online shopping
- Africa is anything but a homogenous market
- Growing adoption of mobile-based payment and banking systems
- Significant international and cross-border business footprint
- Corporate travel in Africa tends toward centralised booking
A Digital Savannah: Africa’s e-commerce promise white paper concludes that despite the disparate preferences, environments and available infrastructure across the different countries the overall potential for e-commerce is strong. The common theme of ‘Africa is not a country’ is advice well heeded as clearly no one solution suits all countries, consumers or companies.
To download the full click here – A Digital Savannah: Africa’s e-commerce promise
- Insights on Data 9 : Actionable Intelligence further examined | #eBizInsights |Marchant Laauween of Atvance Intellect | Podcast - July 11, 2020
- Insights on Data 8: Actionable Intelligence and how it’s the core of Data today|#eBizInsights | Sean Raubenheimer of Atvance Intellect| Podcast - July 9, 2020
- How to make your brand stand out in a pandemic |#Opinion |#Podcast|#Redzone Channel - July 7, 2020
- Synthesis ‘taps’ into the future of payments | #eBizWires - July 6, 2020
- Pockets of opportunity can always be found in adversity | #eBizWires | Neo Mtshatsheni - July 6, 2020
- Insights on Data 7: POPI gets implemented; now to help Business comply | #eBizInsights | Jayson O’Reilly of Atvance Intellect| Podcast - July 1, 2020
- Covid-19 killed traditional disaster recovery | #eBizInsights - July 1, 2020
- NGO’s during the Pandemic; Hope at the Darkest of times| #eBizPayItForward|Nomthi Mnisi | Podcast - June 30, 2020
- The ‘new normal’ way to operate your business | #eBizWires - June 29, 2020
- The business of sports broadcasting – live sport is back! | #eBizWires| Andile Qokweni - June 27, 2020