BizRadio chats to Arthur Goldstuck, CEO of World Wide Worx about Africa’s first in-depth research; highlighting trends and opportunities in the e-commerce space on the continent.
Whilst Africa may still be lagging behind the rest of the world in terms of e-commerce penetration and adoption, the corporate sector is increasingly keen on taking advantage of the benefits of online systems. This is particularly so in the travel sector, where more than half of companies surveyed currently book online and another 20% are expected to do so in the near future.
These results are contained in the independent research paper done by World Wide Worx – A Digital Savannah: Africa’s e-commerce promise that was released today. The white paper identifies five key trends shaping decision making and consumer behavior as they relate to online shopping preferences and travel booking.
- Appetite for online shopping
- Africa is anything but a homogenous market
- Growing adoption of mobile-based payment and banking systems
- Significant international and cross-border business footprint
- Corporate travel in Africa tends toward centralised booking
A Digital Savannah: Africa’s e-commerce promise white paper concludes that despite the disparate preferences, environments and available infrastructure across the different countries the overall potential for e-commerce is strong. The common theme of ‘Africa is not a country’ is advice well heeded as clearly no one solution suits all countries, consumers or companies.
To download the full click here – A Digital Savannah: Africa’s e-commerce promise
- Valuable and Purposefully Giving this Social Development Month | Pay It Forward | The Love Trust | #ebizradio - October 27, 2021
- Is the option to work from home inclusive and diverse? | #Insight | #Business | #HR | Devan Moonsamy | ICHAF | #ebizradio - October 27, 2021
- Sharing more about RETT SYNDROME and how you can help! | #BusinessBrunch | Bjorn Salsone | #PayItForward | Rett-SA | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Equality, diversity and inclusion – starts with YOU | #Insights | #Diversity | Pabi Mogosetsi | Universum Global | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Cyber Security Awareness Month Is a Good Time to Review Your Payroll Provider | #Insights | Sandra Crous | PaySpace | #ebizradio - October 26, 2021
- Motoring News of the Week | Diesel and Dust | Tumelo Maketekete | #Motoring | #ebizradio | #Podcast - October 25, 2021
- Robotics in Retail – What does this mean for you and your business? | #Marketing | Kevin Britz | Craig Page-Lee | #Podcast | #ebizradio - October 22, 2021
- The Youth Unemployment Crisis – What is the impact on individuals and the economy | #Insights | Bryden Morton | Chris Blair | 21st Century | #ebizradio - October 20, 2021
- Going Digital against #GBV | MIP partners with TEARS Foundation | Richard Firth | Mara Glennie | #Digital | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021
- Firstwatch announces 2021 initiative to support entrepreneurs | #Entrepreneurs | #PayItForward | #ebizradio - October 19, 2021