Advertising on Outlook offers a visual, simple experience to reach up to 400 million Outlook.com users globally
Mediamark today announced that it would begin selling advertising inventory on Outlook.com in South Africa. Outlook.com offers advertisers a quality, trusted platform that has global reach of up to 400 million active users and advertising experiences that are fully-integrated, highly relevant and simple yet visual. This all contributes to an exclusive experience, both for the consumer and the advertiser.
Launched in April 2013 as a personal email service replacing Hotmail, Outlook.com has experienced exciting growth in markets across South Africa. Outlook.com can help advertisers reach out to a quality set of worldwide audiences that include:
Ian Drummond, Mediamark Digital Sales Manager says: “Since launch, Outlook.com has rapidly gained a great user base with its innovative services and trusted environment. Our partnership with Microsoft to sell Outlook.com will help advertisers in South Africa reach a massive quality audience on a quality, trusted platform.”
Trusted and Integrated Consumer Service:
Outlook.com offers unique features and services to its users, including advanced user experiences similar to Outlook, and integration with other Microsoft services such as Skype and OneDrive. The advertising experiences are designed with both consumers and advertisers in mind. Because Outlook.com respects consumers’ privacy and does not use email content for ads targeting, the advertising experiences are shown within a trusted environment. In turn, advertisers are able to engage on a fully integrated platform with a more receptive and quality audience.
As the only advertiser on an Outlook.com page, an advertiser is able to capture consumer attention and ensures the advert does not intrude on the user experience. In addition, advertising on Outlook.com is available to an exclusive list of approved, high-quality advertisers, which helps ensure a high quality advertising environment.
With Microsoft’s targeting capabilities, it ensures advertisers deliver relevant consumer experiences and that users are in a context that may be more receptive to advertising.
Simple yet visual:
The advert panel is positioned to one side of the screen, ensuring an impactful advertising opportunity for the brand and less intrusion on the user experience. Last but not least, it is easier than ever for advertisers to provide assets for advertising on Outlook.com. One option is a tile template which contains a headline, text and image, as well as an option for creative customisation through fly-outs. Alternatively, there is an IAB standard 160X600 advertising format.
Mike Luscombe A&O Lead, Microsoft South Africa says: “Our commitment to creating the best email service for consumers has allowed us to nurture a premium universe of Outlook.com users. We’re excited to be announcing that advertisers can now have access to this user base and a platform that is proven to be cost-effective in cutting through the clutter in an increasingly crowded digital space.”
Mediamark is a leading media sales house in South Africa ensuring brands derive maximum value from their advertising spend through tailored multi-channelled solutions. Mediamark has developed into an integrated, multichannel organisation in order to cater for the increasing demand for converged media buys. In conjunction with its creative division (Lab 42), Mediamark works closely with advertisers to conceptualise and execute innovative campaigns that help them meet their business objectives http://www.mediamark.co.za/
- Have you considered living and working in the USA? Reinventing yourself abroad |#LTM |#KevinBritz |#BjornSalsone |Andrea Magni |#Marketing |#Podcast - September 24, 2020
- Vator Pitch? What is it and why do you need one? |#KevinBritz |#LTC |Toyin Ademola |#Podcast |#ebizradio - September 23, 2020
- The Attention Economy and its Impact on Media |Donald Mokgale |#LetsTalkDigital |#AudreyNaidoo |#Carat - September 23, 2020
- Broke, homeless but resilient |#LTC |#KevinBritz | Heidi Poulton |#Wellness |#Podcast |#ebizradio - September 22, 2020
- Democratising Investing| #eBizInsights | Sebastian Patel| #Podcast |#FRANC - September 22, 2020
- How 10 minutes can literally change you as a leader |#LTL |#KevinBritz |#Naomi Basson |Nick Howes |#Leadership |#Podcast - September 21, 2020
- #InclusivityMatters |#LTC | Candid Conversation |#KevinBritz |#Podcast | Lauren Britz - September 18, 2020
- Going Dutch and reinventing yourself on a bicycle |#KevinBritz |#LTC |#BjornSalsone |Tanya Kovarsky |#Podcast - September 17, 2020
- How to create a job search strategy to the hidden job market|#LTC |#KevinBritz | Chantelle Botha |#Podcast - September 16, 2020
- Roboteur takes the tedium out of repetitive tasks| #eBizWires | Graham Fry | Podcast - September 16, 2020